502 Bad Gateway

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by Rhyus, Jul 31, 2014.

502 Bad Gateway

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by Rhyus, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I'm getting that error code when I click on "Mark Forums Read" while in the Gaming News directory.
  2. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

It is back again today. Went away yesterday, but came back today.
  3. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I'll look at the logs as soon as I can.
  4. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I am still getting it in just the Gaming News. It hasn't gone away all month so far.
  5. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

This seems to be only happening at home while using Chrome. I am getting it a LOT now. I can't get into the SWTOR forums and I can't get into General Discussion. It takes me to a white page and gives me the 502 Bad Gateway message.

It works fine on my work PC using Chrome. So, not sure what is happening with my one home PC's Chrome.
  6. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, now every single forum is giving me that 502, but only through Chrome. I am currently using IE to visit this site while I'm using my home PC. I do not know why this is happening only in Chrome. From what I've read about this issue, they say its a server side issue. But, if I can get to the pages through IE, but, at the same exact time not get to it through Chrome, that just doesn't sound like its a server issue. Anybody know what is going on with this?
  7. HittingSmoke

Clear your cookies.
  8. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

One thing I learned recently doing this; log out of at least one Joystiq site before you clear your cookies. I was unable to load the Massively discussion widget at all (even to log out) until I found a site I wasn't logged into and logged in.
  9. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

What is a Joystiq site?
  10. HittingSmoke

It's like a Joystick site but it's spelled wrong.
  11. syberghost

It's like the first hit when you type "joystiq" into Google.
  12. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

So, if I'm not a part of that website, it shouldn't matter about being logged out??
  13. syberghost

No, you should not be concerned about losing your access to any site to which you do not have access.
  14. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, so, moving to a new hosting site seems to have at least reset this issue. I had a few sections in here from accessing through my work computer that had this and now it doesn't have this issue when trying to mark all read.