AFK Outside of the Warcamp

Discussion in 'Warhammer Online' started by Rognvaldr, Dec 29, 2010.

AFK Outside of the Warcamp

Discussion in 'Warhammer Online' started by Rognvaldr, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Rognvaldr

Rognvaldr Veteran Member

Dear Members,

Since the last patch there has been allot of heated debate on the Warhammer Forums about the warbands of AFK players outside of the warcamp soaking up freenown and effecting the AAO of a zone. While we have no objection to people getting some freenown while at work or watching a bit of TV, we do find that effecting the AAO of a zone reflects negatively on AoA as guild. I would like to ask that members no longer AFK outside the warcamp or near its entrance. Instead if you would like to get the freenown please do your AFKing clearly withing the warcamp or some where in the PvE area. This way we do not effect other peoples enjoyment of the game. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

/salute
  2. nakeeta

nakeeta Veteran Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been tossing them a feed back once a week stating that ORVR lakes need to adhere to the same AFK policies as SC's and City sieges. After two minutes you get tossed into the WC and given a debuff that prevents you from pvp flagging, attacking anyone pvp flagged, and gaining renown, exp, or influence, for the duration of the buff, or simply turned into a chicken on the battle field, either one will work. I suspect if they do anything, it will be the chicken one, as that is already in the game. It wasn't a big deal before 1.4, but with the changes implemented with 1.4 the population of your ORVR players directly effects what penalties or buffs your NPC carriers get, as well as the rate at which you can collect resources, and that can make all the difference in the world with the new ORVR system.
  3. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Agree. I understand that people need to AFK once in a while, and that folks may be running SCs, but unfortunately the way the current system works those that AFK outside the warcamp are negatively affecting their realm mates.