Feedback Request April Update Site Issues Thread

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by HittingSmoke, Apr 18, 2014.

Feedback Request April Update Site Issues Thread

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by HittingSmoke, Apr 18, 2014.

1. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

We have much more than a single piece of software being updated today. As such issues with the site are likely to pop up as things are smoothed over.

Please report any issues with the site over the next few weeks here. Be as detailed as possible. Copy/paste any errors you see exactly. Include the URL you were visiting when the error occurred. If there are issues with visual elements please try to include a screenshot as well as your browser, version, and OS.

Today (April 18) you can expect to see some 500 errors as server backends are updated. That is normal and they don't need to be reported here.

You may run into some issues with the style. The designer of our style completely rewrote their system to work with an internal framework hence our customizations to the theme can not be preserved through an update. The old version of the theme seems to be working well so I'm just going to leave that alone until I can merge in our changes to the new theme.
    Bnorus, Fell and syberghost like this.
  2. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

All images and links posted are now proxied through alloutassault.net. For example you'll notice that if you click a link to SteamPowered.com the URL followed will be http://alloutassault.net/proxy.php?...red.com&hash=00c4df6b81f1ba4c47ccc3c462580263. This is the same for embedded images.

I'll post more about this and the reasons for it later. For now just know that if you have any issues following links or viewing images, this is the cause and I need to know about it.
    Bnorus likes this.