Archived threads

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by Rhyus, Feb 16, 2017.

Archived threads

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by Rhyus, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I was wondering, do we need to keep Horace busy searching for posts for archived games? I mean, they were archived for a reason, like nobody plays it any longer whether that be under the guild name, or nobody left around that played it.
  2. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Here are the feeds we've had, or continue to have, active in Xenforo:

1. FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum - Updates
    2. Latest PC Game Metascores on Metacritic ???
    3. Star Wars: The Old Republic
    4. RIFT Forums - News & Announcements ***candidate to drop this one
    5. RIFT Forums - Patch notes ***candidate to drop this one
    6. RSI News
    7. Steam RSS News Feed ???
    8. World of Warcraft®

All of them appear active except FFXIV. Besides Rift, there appears to be a reason for the other feeds to continue. Any objections to dropping the Rift feeds?

Also, are there feeds others want to see and want me to investigate for inclusion? we basically need an rss link which I'm happy to research if you don't know it. Bear in mind - from past experience - that I've run into Xenforo trouble with rss feeds behind SSL and I'm not techy enough to solve the issue, so if we have proposals that are behind an https:// link, no guarantees :)
  3. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Could I request Elite Dangerous get added? We don't have a division, be we do have a lot of interest.

There is one for Frontier - the developer. Not one as far as I can find specific to ED but most of this ones will relate to ED:

https://www.frontier.co.uk/feed/2/
  4. Fell

ok good news is it's added, under Gaming News. Bad news, the feed is suppressed from showing up on "new posts". i'll have to dig to find out where to change that, i know we have a control for it and i'm drawing a blank. I'll get back to it a bit later, have plans to head out tonight...
  5. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Thanks Fell!
  6. Fell

my pleasure. i'm pretty sure the forum properties determine if newsfeeds are shown on "new posts" which means i might have to move the feed or open everything that shows in gaming news. i think that will be a bit much - pretty sure we suppressed it at some point because the horace posts were overwhelming folks. i'll find a solution.
  7. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

For Elite Dangerous, do you want to make a Beer League under MMO for the game? Once I get started in the game I will probably want a lot of pointers and help with what I should be doing and where I should stay away from, at least until I get the controls figured out for combat.
  8. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

It may be time to have a forum section rather than just a single thread :p
  9. Fell

I'm happy to create an ED forum, I just worry whether there is enough traffic to warrant it. I suppose a handful of diehards playing it plus a newsfeed is no less a presence than SC Alpha or SWTOR so it passes my laugh test - who else is playing the game? right now just two of you could PM each other ;)
  10. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Hittingsmoke plays and I think Syber does as well.

With the addition of multi-crew this becomes more co-op friendly as well. We already had the ability to fly in wings - but that was somewhat of a pain in the ass. With the multicrew "holo-presence" that is being introduced in the next update it will be very easy to interact with others as we will be able to remote into their ships. Not totally sure how that will all work - but it seems really cool from what I have read. All the players participating reap rewards - so we could go bounty hunting or on missions and everyone would get something out if it, even if they just came along for the ride. Once one of us can afford a ship with a fighter hanger, then multi-crew allows additional players to man those fighters. Without that, I think they intend to allow co-pilots to take control of ship's weapons while you focus on flying for example. Opens up some interesting stuff.

New video on this:

11. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

So, it sounds for multi-crew that if you are doing a bounty or a mission, EVERYBODY gets the full amount when it is completed.
  12. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Apparently not mission rewards - but you will get the full bounty. So this will be ideal for bounty hunting.