Battlefront Plans?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fell, Oct 9, 2015.

?

Are you planning to play Battlefront (Star Wars FPS) and on which platform?

Poll closed Oct 23, 2015.
  1. Not Planning to Play

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Playing: PS4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Playing: XBone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Playing: PC

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. Playing but undecided platform

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  6. Undecided whether I'm playing at all

1 vote(s)
    11.1%

Battlefront Plans?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fell, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Some info and discussion about the title here: http://alloutassault.net/threads/battlefront-trailer.31183/

Respond to the poll and provide any comment on your interest in organizing a clan showing below. Responses may indicate whether we organize formally around this title and whether we annex it to the existing SWTOR division as part of a new Star Wars Gaming division.
  2. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Interested in playing, interested in playing with goats.
  3. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

The Open Beta is running right now, 11 GB install. If you are even mildly interested you should try it out. I really don't like it but you might enjoy it.
  4. Martinfort

Martinfort Division Leader Staff Member

10/10 in my book. Krissie will be playing as well.
  5. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, I checked the wrong box. I checked "Playing but undecided platform" and it should have been "Undecided whether I'm playing at all". I would love to get the game for the PC, but my PC issues are still somewhat present. I need to build a new PC, especially since they say minimum specs is to have at least an i5 chip, which I don't have. So, once I get that PC built, I will probably be able to pick it up and play.
  6. syberghost

Requires beta graphics drivers. I use this system for more than gaming, I'm not putting beta drivers on. Guess I'll wait for release.
  7. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

I played it without any beta drivers with an AMD card so not sure how they are required.
  8. Martinfort

Those requirements are so bloated..

My machine is as follows
    CPU: Gen 1 i7 860 2.8ghz
    Vid Card: MSI GTX 660TI 2G/OC PE
    RAM: 8G g skill

Game is set to ultra - 60fps (Never drops below 60) No stutter, No slow loading nothing, the most fluid gameplay I've had in a long time.

My advice to you is download the beta and give it a whirl man.
  9. syberghost

Because I'm not AMD.
  10. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Martinfort, I only have a Q6600 CPU. That is like 8 years old, at least. According the benchmarks, your CPU has an average of 5104. Mine has an average of 2988. And that is -IF- I can get it to boot and stay booted. I tried to get it up and running the weekend to see if I could play anything and it would just boot up, stay for a little while, then just reboot and many times just hand at the logo screen of the motherboard. So, I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with that computer any longer. Hopefully I can try to slowly start buying parts for the new one over the next few months and maybe have it built by the beginning of next year, hopefully.

I know one was done for me before, but, if anybody would like to "build" me a PC that I can start to buy, here are some standards I'd like in it. The system should be able to play today's games like Battlefront, Star Citizen, Battlefield Hardline, etc:

CPU - at least an Intel i5
    Mobo - ASUS (ability to upgrade to an i7 eventually and has two PCIe slots for video cards)
    Video - NVIDIA - I've had good experiences with EVGA brands (only one for now but is capable of being SLI'd)
    C: - SSD
    D:/E: - at least 1 GB standard Western Digital
    PSU - I've found that modular, at least for me, is better, as I don't have extra power cables that I don't need hanging around.
    Case - doesn't really matter, as long as it has a lot of fans, both intake and outtake.
    Memory - at least 8 GB and would prefer Corsair, but shouldn't matter as long as the company has good rep
    Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse - don't need

That should be all that I can think of for now.
  11. Martinfort

Reading this before heading into work for a couple hours. Back when I was playing archeage I had a friend need to rebuild and she was on a tight budget, so we threw these three options together. Prices may vary but just dropping them here in the meantime til I can look into pricing out a build to your preferred specs.

What we can do for 700: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FQFxNG

What we can do for 750 : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LMQbrH

What we can do for 850 build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/g4ThTW
  12. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

@Martinfort Any luck on piecing together any PCs from my specs?
  13. Martinfort

Will toss something together tonight, give me an estimation of budget.
  14. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Preferably under $1000, but cheaper is nicer, but that can also lower the quality of the system. But, since I'm going to be buying in pieces, it shouldn't matter on prices, just individual component prices will make that difference.
  15. syberghost

16. Martinfort

Did my best to go off your manufacturer wishes, I'm sure the rest of the guys here can give some input on the hardware selection.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor Wanted an i7 but the budget squeezed too hard other places
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Was trying to keep the price down a tad, this seems to be a really nice Motherboard, which also happens to feature their Wifi capability tech.
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (pushed to 16gb, this ram is reasonably priced and my personal favorite0
    Storage: PNY CS1211 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Managed to squeeze in a SSD though! Give that OS some lovin
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card MSI is my lover when it comes to cards, Always use them, Always love them.
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case Good air flow case, you will see the 2 fans on purchase below (Not included with case), personal recommendation on the company,
    Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply its fully modular and supports growth in your system
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer blah blah i Read discs
    Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SPRO-14025KK-RP 86.7 CFM 140mm Fan
    Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SPRO-20025KK-RP 148.7 CFM 200mm Fan
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) +$100, wasnt sure how you wanted to swing on OS yet

Total:
    $1078.57 (SO CLOSE)
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-16 12:42 EDT-0400

Overall I think it's a solid build for right around $1000. Like I said I'm sure someone else will have some other ideas, then you can take the ones you like and run with it.

***IF you want me to readjust for under $1000 included OS choices, let me know***
  17. syberghost

I'd have binned the SSD and gone for a larger platter drive, but solid recommendation.

Trump would have used more marble.
    Martinfort likes this.
  18. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I wont be needing an OS. I'll just use the Windows 10 from the old system and if I have too, I can get a copy of it from my college for like $14.
  19. syberghost

20. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, so, this is a few months old, but Hitting Smoke posted this build back when I posted issues with my old PC. It has some things that are similar and some that aren't. I'll post it here, hopefully I get this right:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($111.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($110.98 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card ($127.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($41.98 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Acer G246HLAbd 60Hz 24.0" Monitor ($143.81 @ Amazon)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $753.61
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-16 13:30 EDT-0400