Battlefront Trailer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Biokimmie, Apr 17, 2015.

Battlefront Trailer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Biokimmie, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Biokimmie

Biokimmie Officer

I'm pre-ordering
    syberghost and Rhyus like this.
  2. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Um yeah that's a no brainer even if it only is half as good as it looks.

I suspect many of our swtor folks are going to try this out. I'm going to think about it further, but it may make sense to evolve from a swtor division to a stat wars gaming community structure in our forums and teamspeak. I anticipate a good amount of player overlap though I could be wrong.
    AndyCapp and Biokimmie like this.
  3. Biokimmie

Biokimmie Officer

Star Wars division sounds like a good idea.

Only problem is none of that aside from a half second inside a cockpit looks like actual gameplay from a player's perspective.
  4. Fell

Yeah they said it was in engine though, realize it wasn't gameplay but the environment was slick.
  5. stat

stat Division Leader

If it's as half as bad as the Battlefield 4 launch... ugh, id rather wait.
    HittingSmoke likes this.
  6. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

I hate origin... I really do... Part of me almost wants to get this on PS4 because I had the original game on xbox. I think it was one of the first xbox live games that existed before "Live" was even fleshed out. I don't have a PS4 though so I suppose this presents an issue. Oh origin why am I forced to use thee! :-(

I think this game looks sick, and it looks like it may even be similar in structure to the original. I am sure I will be pre-ordering as well soon enough. And I am sure it will be on PC, hopefully by then a new one lol.
  7. Biokimmie

Biokimmie Officer

8. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I can't get excited about any EA/DICE endeavor anymore. They murdered my favorite FPS franchise. In my opinion there's a greater chance of them fucking this up than not.
    Morgis and stat like this.
  9. stat

stat Division Leader

I completely agree.
  10. RIP

RIP Veteran Member

Saw the video today as an advert and thought it was pretty cool. Not a big fan of EA and do not know a lot of Dice. Might consider this game, but do not have a PS4 and do not plan to get one and I do not like Origin either. So will have to see what happens when this does come out in November.
  11. RIP

RIP Veteran Member

So I just got my Xbox newsletter and it shows that the Xbone is getting this game as well.
  12. Fell

Somebody somewhere thinks every game ever made is tucked up in some way. I get what you're all saying, but if I had that attitude I'd never buy another game. Not ready to hate on it before it even gets released to some kind of test at least....
  13. stat

stat Division Leader

It's not that I wouldn't buy another game, it's just, I wouldn't buy another game from EA/DICE, not at launch anyways. Hell, I would wait 6+ months after launch due to the Battlefield 4 fiasco, which is/was quite literally, one of the worst launches of recent gaming history.
    HittingSmoke likes this.
  14. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Glad you put "recent" in there or I would of had to heavily argue with you on that one, considering the SWTOR launch.
  15. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Well, turns out I never played the original Battlefront games. The game I got hooked on with all the fond memories is the following:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_(video_game)
    (for those not wanting to go to the site, it came out in 2002 on xbox, playstation etc...)

So I had a crappy job selling mattresses and would come home at like 9pm after closing the store. On the way I would pick up a 12 pack of beer and a cheap pizza and play The Clone Wars on what had to be one of the first xbox live heavy titles for me. I had many a night of intoxicated glee driving/flying around in all types of vehicles and talking smack on my headset. From that moment on I decided to strive to get xbox live games only since you could have hours and hours of enjoyment after the main story or campaign ends.

Just thought I would share the official story and slightly misplaced nostalgia lol ;-)
    Fell likes this.
  16. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

Yeah, people see trailers and then see "in-engine" and go oooh and ahhh. In engine doesn't really mean much though. It isn't running in real time, so there's no way you can have any idea how the thing will perform or respond in real time. Tons of extra animation scripting sequences and down-sampling can go into these trailers while still technically being "in-engine". You wouldn't buy a car based purely on the word of the salesman. It's a conflict of interest. Likewise, you shouldn't pre-order a game based just on a trailer that can't possibly be actual gameplay.

At the end of the day, your willingness to give a company money should be based on how much trust you put in them. I have no trust for either of the companies involved in this game, so sure I will watch the trailers, but I wont even think about buying it until is see a few reviews with in-game footage from some trustworthy game critics. And if they pull the same old shit of press embargoing until the day of launch, I certainly wont be buying it at launch, either.
  17. Fell

Well... companies either learn from their mistakes, adapt and survive, or, they don't. I, for one expect they know how they fucked up BF4 and will at least try to avoid the same issues. as for puffery, hardly an industry has ever existed that hasn't tried to put their best foot forward in advertising/PR, literally, since members of the oldest profession let dainty ankle/foot peek from beneath concealing robes to entice (un?)wary passerby. Ea/dice isn't unique in this regard either, its a (sad, I suppose) fact of life. Guess I choose to hope for the best here and I get it, vote with your wallet and conscience - they have a lot of trust to earn or redeem anyway. I do agree its premature to pre order, not until more solid info is out there. they certainly don't have the pedigree commanded by other developers scooping up millions of dollars for their projects....
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 23, 2015 ---
    Dammit Microsoft needs to fix the goddamned surface keyboard/autocorrect. if I type "they" don't autocorrect the fuck out of it to "the". and don't turn fuck into puck motherpucker! (that last was on purpose)
  18. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

Life in 2015 is hard for ducks like us who swear a lot.
  19. stat

stat Division Leader

EA fucked up SimCity. EA fucked up BF4. And to an extent, EA fucked up DA:I for PCs. EA fucks up (fill in the blank).
  20. Ragter

Ragter AoA Emeritus

So silly question. . . Is this game going to allow cross-platform multiplayer?