Chosen tank build

Discussion in 'Warhammer Online' started by Jimyspleen, Jul 24, 2010.

Chosen tank build

Discussion in 'Warhammer Online' started by Jimyspleen, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Jimyspleen

Jimyspleen Veteran Member

Hello

Gear – I am currently set up as sword and board and in full conqueror. (I am gemed for toughness).

My mastery tree is currently set up as the fallowing:

Mastery tree
    1. Path of Corruption – 8 pts
    a. Mixed defense

2. Path of Discord - 18 pts
    a. Discordant Turbulence
    b. Quake
    c. Tzeencht’s Reflection Enchantment

Tactics

1. Mixed Defense
    2. Flawless Armor
    3. Rugged
    4. warped Flesh (this is one of them I am not sure about)
    5. + 5pct renown
    6. ?
    7. no tome tactics atm (working on the undead one atm)

Renown Advancement

I just took slots in toughness, initiative, strength and armor plus the 5 pct when fighting on objectives.

My game style is set up around harassment of healers, debuffing with some CC mixed in. I try and quake back lines and generally cause pathig issues with order trying to get to the squishies.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

CHEERs - Jimyspleen
  2. Storman

Storman Veteran Member

I ran a build where I went up to 13 in corruption. I picked up oppression and downfall. The rest was in discord with quake. My play style was pretty similar. annoy the crap out of healers and never die.
  3. Collard

Collard Veteran Member

Opression and downfall are imo pretty good for a tank build. Healers cant heal on their backs!

If you are running in premades, I would probably drop warped flesh and maybe go power of the gods to help in ap regen or destined for victory for quick morale regen for constant m4 dumps.
  4. Baukis

Baukis Veteran Member

I agree, take Power of the Gods. It comes in handy in giving AP back.

There is also a hybrid build everyone seems to think is viable. Spec up to quake in the discord tree, up to the mixed defences tactic in the corruption tree and up to crippling strikes in the dread tree. I've read some things on this build in the forums on Warhammer Alliance and the WAR forums.

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=13# ... :8358:8362
  5. Rognvaldr

Rognvaldr Veteran Member

6. Jimyspleen

Jimyspleen Veteran Member

Thanks

I changed to power of the god and it seemed to work well. That hybrid build looks nice I might have to give that a try this week. I just let oppression and downfall go the other day to climb higher in the discord tree to take tzeentchs reflection enhancement. I am testing this atm and may move back to that in near future.

Thanks all love the help

CHEERS - Jimyspleen
  7. Baukis

Baukis Veteran Member

I am running this build right now:

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=13# ... 72:610:613

At rr50 will be adding Discordant Turbulence and at rr70 will just dump the remaining 2 points into probably Corruption to up the Toughness aura a little.
    I run this build 2H and SnB (depending on situation), seems to work both ways fairly well.
  8. Baukis

Baukis Veteran Member

9. Collard

Collard Veteran Member

If your goal is keeping the healers distracted, crippling strikes (and the dread line itself) would be worthless since healers do not cast damage a majority of the time. Would be better to bring in Downfall for the knockdown and maybe opression for that extra armor and bring in discordant turbulence for the heal effectiveness debuff.

maybe even throw in corrupting horror aura if you have the points to spend.
  10. Baukis

Baukis Veteran Member

Right now I don't have anymore points to spend until I hit rr50, which isn't too far off. At rr50 I plan on adding discordant turbulence. This was a build posted on warhammer alliance, they said it was a viable build - this is why I am testing it to see how well it will work. If it sucks, I'll just go back to what I was running. Just wanted to try something different.
  11. Collard

Collard Veteran Member

12. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Nice to see this discussion continuing. I don't play a chosen or I would throw my 2 cents in. Someone needs to poke at boness and get him to post here :roll:
  13. Rognvaldr

Rognvaldr Veteran Member

I want to make another all tank 6 man, we got rolled by premades but owned everything else. 3 chosens spinning auras at the right time is devastating
  14. Collard

Collard Veteran Member

Wanted to followup with my previous post on my current spec and give some comments on it after giving it some time.

1. I don't miss Quake one bit. However, I am not saying quake is obselete. I do think a great combo is a Chosen with downfall and a Chosen with Quake running in the same group/warband. For Guerilla squads, knockdown is very nice
    2. Spec'ing into Corruption boosts the Toughness aura which gets Toughness up to a reasonable number since you lose alot speccing dps.
    3. Order not really expecting a knockdown from a Tank class.
  15. Rognvaldr

Rognvaldr Veteran Member

16. Peesca

Peesca Veteran Member

Does anybody have a good set up for a REAL manly chosen (LOL) that only uses a sword. Any help or suggestions would be great

Thanks

Peesca

rr69 chosen