Closed beta

Discussion in 'Star Trek Online' started by RIP, Oct 22, 2009.

Closed beta

Discussion in 'Star Trek Online' started by RIP, Oct 22, 2009.

1. RIP

RIP Veteran Member

So I hear that closed beta has official begun today according to MMORPG.com and I am wondering how many of the people here have gotten in via an invite, beta key release from the hard working members that went to PAX 2009, or a key from the Champions Online purchase. With that said sound off and I look forward to hearing what some of you may have to say about this in the private sections or in general should I say hello to you on vent.
  2. tamgros

tamgros Veteran Member

Beta? what beta?

For more info, look for threads in the STO private section :D
  3. TreffnonX

TreffnonX Veteran Member

c'mon they officially announced the start of CB on the STO-page, i don't think we break any rules by confirming that it is indeed true...
  4. tamgros

tamgros Veteran Member

Lol, I know, I was just playing around. It was kind of a continued joke we had going.

Hopefully the beta testing goes well. If they truly have a Q1 release, there is a lot of stuff to sure up and balance correctly in a short period of time.
  5. TreffnonX

TreffnonX Veteran Member

true..
    do you all have your keys already? They dont seem to have sent me mine or enabled my account to get online... :/

Wrote several PMs in the meantime, hope they dont get ignored...
  6. Vmann

Vmann Veteran Member

While we can confirm closed beta has begun, the NDA might be so strict as to prevent participants from even confirming they are in.
  7. Overmind

Overmind Veteran Member

/correct. A Testers responsibility is to keep those lips sealed..
  8. TerryN

TerryN Veteran Member

b-b-b-but! I WANNA TALK
  9. tamgros

tamgros Veteran Member

Yeah, the only thing people can confirm is if they won a reserved key in trivia or a contest or something. That's common knowledge. But, they can't confirm if/when they actually receive the key.

As far as I know...
  10. TerryN

TerryN Veteran Member

I've seen posts on the forum from Cryptic saying that its not against the rules to tell people you're in the beta but they advise against it because its a slippery slope.

I've no interest in blabbing to the community.....I swear.
  11. relt

relt Veteran Member

Ah, but which community?! ;)
  12. TerryN

TerryN Veteran Member

all of them...HAPPY NOW!?
  13. tamgros

tamgros Veteran Member

It was actually just confirmed by Stormy on the STO forums that people are allowed to confirm they are in Beta. That's about it though.

He went on to say it's strongly discouraged to share because it's a slippery slope.
  14. Terrani

Terrani Veteran Member

Well I'll try to make sure I don't slip on my ass on the way down the slope.
  15. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

you can tell me all about it on the way down :)
  16. TerryN

TerryN Veteran Member

It's awesome, Coruscant looks so realistic, they haven't added the Death Star in yet but apparently its coming soon!
  17. relt

relt Veteran Member

The best part is, you can even play as an ewok!! Oh wait...wrong game. That's the SW:TOR super secret Beta I'm in. STO huh, yeah this is the one where you go around killing zombies as Picard?
  18. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

My favorite part of Star Track was when Mr. Spokk told the Shadows to go through the Stargate and get out of our galaxy. That was awesome.
  19. tamgros

tamgros Veteran Member

The part I'm currently having trouble with is the damn bacterial infections. I'm just trying to be a better Jedi, but why do i have to put up with the irrital bowels?
  20. SushiX

SushiX Veteran Member

I hear that wedge and porkins are the best x wing pilots in the star trek universe and make an appearance in closed beta. True story?