Come play WAR Hammer!!!

Discussion in 'Warhammer Online' started by Peesca, Nov 4, 2011.

Come play WAR Hammer!!!

Discussion in 'Warhammer Online' started by Peesca, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Peesca

Peesca Veteran Member

Everyone,

AoA is still very much a live in WARHAMMER !!! Please come join in on the fun!!

Thanks

peesca
  2. Finwath

Finwath Veteran Member

First, I am a big fan of Warhammer, both fantasy and 40K.
    I'm in an ongoing Warhammer Fantasy RPG, I have a 2000+ point Necron army, and I'm getting ready to start on some Space Marines.
    But, I'm very disillusioned with this MMO game.

I played in beta and really liked it, even lined up the collector's edition.
    Went live, was completely different and horrible.
    It's like they took all the feedback from beta and said, well, all of this is working really well, so, toss all of it in the rubbish bin and let's really screw this game up.

It really jaded me. I played for all of my free month hoping they'd put it back when we all cried "Hey! WTF with this bait and switch bullshit?!"
    When they didn't change it, I quit, along with a ton of other people.

I picked it up last year, seemed like they had made some changes back the way it had been in beta, but the game was now empty.
    Forget public quests, and RvR was boring, join a warband and roam maps capturing empty castles, keeps and objectives. Not really fun at all.

So, WAR has been tossed on The Pile of Shame, with all the rotten games I've bought in the past.
    The game may not be so bad, but the way it's been handled, i think it deserves its place there.

With both Skyrim & Old Republic on the horizon, as appealing as it would be to play WAR, I just can't bring myself to get into again. :(
  3. shankie

shankie Veteran Member

Hay Peesca

Ive been playing my Free Account a bit and may Sub up if EA still remembers me, Ive been having issues with account password etc and can't access my Sub page, even resetting my password is giving me grief so we will see what happens. Glad to hear AOA is still kicking in Warhammer.
  4. shankie

shankie Veteran Member

Well after a full day of resetting passwords and being locked out of log-ins for 30 Min's x 5, Ive decided that EA/Mythic can lick my balls!
    no Warhammer for Shankie!
  5. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Sorry Shankie :mad:

My account is still active, although I don't really play any longer. Just not enough time in the day for so many games.

If there are member rights issues please let me know.

Shankie what exactly was the problem?
  6. shankie

shankie Veteran Member

I cant log into my master EA account to set up billing for Warhammer. i have the same issue with my DAOC account also so i guess I'm missing something here.
  7. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

They changed billing systems. Look for something on your account page about linking your account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. kuroiwashi

kuroiwashi Veteran Member

Hey guys, how you all been doing?

Glad to see AoA still kicking ass in war, I've been getting the itch to play WAR for a while, my new RL doesnt allow much time to play, mainly wife faction that hates me being on the comp to long :razz: and the fact that I cant afford to pay for the game right now, since I have more important stuff to pay first

I really wish EA just stop leaching on people and make the game free to play, so it gets more people, not sure what has the other MMOS and PC/console games done to the actual player base numbers, but im guessing is worst than the last year I played
  9. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Heya! Yeah not a lot of people playing WAR these days but it still has a loyal following.

I agree - its high time for F2P. I think a lot of people would come back at least more frequently to play SCs and RvR....and lets face it for a game like WAR to be fun you need a target rich environment. Making it F2P would bring more targets, making it more fun to play for those inclined to pay.

The choices made since beta for WAR have always mystified me a bit :mad:
  10. Omnifox

Omnifox Cylon - Toaster Model Staff Member

Its almost... Mythical?
  11. kuroiwashi

So how is the guild been doing, been reading some post, I see we left TNC, not sure what happend with brezzirk, i know mournflower left the guild like 5 months ago.

What is planned for AoA? planing on doing a faction for the f2p heroes of war or something like that?

I lost all the TS info, where could I look for it to be able to log in and talk to you guys at least some times
  12. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Well our WAR guild is a shadow of its formal self. It is in what we call "beer league" status - which is to say we maintain it so that AoAers have a permanent home in WAR if they want it and can play wearing our cape. If we had some energetic and motivated players that wanted to take the reigns to try to make it into more once again I would be happy to talk about it. :D

Brez has his main toon in Blitz right now. Boness has his main toon in HK I believe. When Boness had the GL slot in game, he left TNC in a bit of a fit. We talked about getting back into TNC, but it did not become a big priority since we were no longer very active and neither was the alliance. However, if AoA were to become more active that is an option.

TS info is here:

http://alloutassault.net/content.php?37-Teamspeak3

No password.

We will no doubt set up a group for the F2P heroes - but right now no one has stepped up that wants to play an active role in organizing that. So if there is anyone that is very excited about heroes that would like to assist us there, please talk to me.
  13. kuroiwashi

So what times normaly do you guys play now? Been checking Warhammer channel and been seeing it empty
  14. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

I am not playing regularly so I will need to let Peesca comment on when he is regularly playing. There are not a lot in AoA playing WAR these days.
  15. relt

relt Veteran Member

Anyone want to summarize two years worth of WAR history for me? Or am I going to have to troll around for a while?
  16. Omnifox

Omnifox Cylon - Toaster Model Staff Member

There was war.
  17. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

RELT!!!!! Welcome home!

Well it was an awesome ride while it lasted, but most of the people you remember playing with have moved onto other games. We still have the guild for those that want to play, although a few folks moved into more active guilds (Brezirk and Boness for example who still play WAR regularly, or at least were as of a couple months ago).

We did very well during our time in WAR. Ultimately ended up holding the #1 spot for cumulative renown earned - and AoA actually still holds it despite not having been active for many months. Our banner is flying in the Inevitable City. For a while we were the biggest destruction guild not only on the server, but in the game in terms of number of active ranked players.

If you will be playing again I would be happy to set you up to manage the guild in game. I had moved over to Rift - although I have not been active there either really. Just have not had a lot of time to devote to MMOs these days and have been more focused on single player games or games that require less of a time commitment in one sitting. I plan to play GGW2 for sure.
  18. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

Holy shit Relt! Whoohoo, welcome back man.
  19. relt

relt Veteran Member

I think I'll be playing mostly single player games as well. I had a faint hope that WAR would be doing something cool. But I too will not have the time to devote to an MMO...other than GW2 of course.
  20. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

GW2 deserves special treatment. I agree :p.