Constellation Commercial Up and Variants for Sale

Discussion in 'Star Citizen' started by stat, Aug 15, 2014.

Constellation Commercial Up and Variants for Sale

Discussion in 'Star Citizen' started by stat, Aug 15, 2014.

1. stat

stat Division Leader

Well, I really liked the Constellation commercial, hands down my favorite so far. I loved the references in it.

Anyways, variants outlined and detailed

Andromeda - Default Configuration (with P-52 Merlin close range fighter)

Taurus - Cargo Configuration

Aquila - Exploration Configuration, (with onboard Ursa rover)

Phoenix - Luxury Configuration (with Lynx rover and P-72 Archimedes fighter)

There is no military configuration for the Constellation.

Oh, the Andromeda, Aquila, and Taurus are up for perma sale. The Phoenix is limited to 5000 hulls or August 25, whichever comes first.
  2. stat

stat Division Leader

Can't believe im dumping another $125. I thought I was done buying things. HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee............

I'll post some screens of it later if anyone wants them. supposedly the hangar updated with the variants today as well.

Also man, what a clusterfuck the new storefront is.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  3. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I really like the Aquila's bridge. I might have to pick one of those up in-game. I'm done buying ships though. I have my Freelancer MIS and my Starfarer.
  4. SgtGenSoggyWaffle

SgtGenSoggyWaffle Veteran Member

Well, I just went ahead and picked up a Phoenix. It just looked so fabulous. I couldn't resist.
    stat likes this.
  5. HittingSmoke

The Phoenix:

[​IMG]
  6. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

I upgraded my Connie to the Aquila. Rover = awesomesauce. And wow, agree with stat, what a commercial. I had to cut away from the livestream for a meeting which kinda sucks but i'll watch the rest of it later. What a day for SC.

I'm fine with no military Connie, I will probalby get an Idris if it ever comes back up for sale and that will have all the command/control i'd want in a ship i'm sure.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 15, 2014 ---
    Aaaaand, with that we're over $50M raised...
  7. Blaise

Blaise Veteran Member

think I'm going to go Aquila also. I'm not sure what "luxury touring" playstyle is all about and don't want to take as big a hit in cargo space.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  8. Cirsphe

Cirsphe Veteran Member

man i'm soooooo torn. I like the design of the Aquila and I like the extras on the Phoenix.... But both of these ships will probably be outdone with a Carrack and 890 Jump. Truth be told, I was really hoping for a fighting variant. For the time being though I'll pick up a phoenix upgrade and not apply it.
  9. Fell

yeah I'm starting to reconsider the Aquila, I love the ship but thinking about the limited hulls for the phoenix. But I can't see a reason for the phoenix if I do get an idris and if the Carrick is really so much awesome I could swap the Connie for it. More I think I think ill keep the Aquila, but I do have some doubts...
  10. Cirsphe

Cirsphe Veteran Member

The problem is that the connie is a multi-role ship. Good at a bunch of things but not specifically made for any. Really starting to think the connie is a good ship if it will be your only ship or if you want a jack of all trades. But you will be better off with ships made from teh ground up for a specific task. The freelancer has the same exact problem.

I also don't get why they ditched the snub fighter for exploration. I would def. use it to scout out more closely to semi-dangerous objects cause it is smaller and more covert.
  11. HittingSmoke

Don't forget that the Phoenix has that class 9 hardpoint and comes with a better snub fighter. I think the "Luxury Touring" claim is just supposed to be a bullshit marketing label because of the ugly-ass wood accents, hot tub, etc.
    Cirsphe likes this.
  12. Cirsphe

Cirsphe Veteran Member

Looks like the snub fighter is optional on the Explorer version.
  13. stat

stat Division Leader

You should be able to move one around from another Connie, or just get one individually, I would think. Edit: Just saw: Optional P-52 listed in the Aquila additional hardware in the brochure.

Anyways, I'm happy with my Phoenix upgrade. Still not a fan of the interior, but thats a moot point with me. I didnt like the redesigned Andromeda version that much either. I got it mainly for the unique outer hull, the rover AND the fighter, and the Class 9 point defense turret I can move around to another Connie later. Not terribly worried about cargo space at the moment. I don't really want a bigger ship either than the Connie. Never Have. I haven't looked, but I think the Carrack and the 890 are supposed to be a bigger ship than the Connie. Maybe nothing official has been released yet, I don't know, but that is the feeling that I get.

To me it feels the bigger you go, the more work/micromanagement you're going to have to do to run a bigger ship effectively, regardless if you have NPCs or actual players helping you run it.

The Aquila cockpit is nice and all, but it reminds me more of another flying penis than the default Connie cockpit does. Besides i've always liked the default Connie one.
    Cirsphe likes this.
  14. Cirsphe

Cirsphe Veteran Member

has anyone seen any info at all on the p-72 snub fighter?
  15. stat

stat Division Leader

There are none. It still needs to be made. Phoenix owners are getting a P-52 loaner for now, so it might be a little while.

Most are assuming its going to be slightly better than the P-52 though. But since it's still a snub fighter, it probably still wont be nearly as good as a full fledged ship.
  16. Sudoshred

Sudoshred Veteran Member

I'm probably the only one, but I'm interested in the Taurus. Definitely not paying $200 for it though. Guess I'll have to grind it out in game. This is the one game that's making me want to load up Windows so I can play it. :-(
  17. Fell

well that pretty much clinched the Aquila for me.
    Cirsphe likes this.
  18. Fell

And $51M comes and goes....
  19. Cirsphe

Cirsphe Veteran Member

The Taurus is $150, about the same price as the Freelancer Max unless you are trying to do an upgrade, then it is +$5 on top of a base constellation, pushing it to like $255. I def. think that was a mistake. The Taurus is a great alternative to the MAX where it has more firepower. I wouldn't worry about grinding it out in game either. Chris Roberts said it would only take a week to get a connie. Not sure how many hours of playtime that is, but you may have a Taurus faster than you think once the PU drops. Don't feel like that you have to drop anymore money on this game than you already have. The rest of us are crazy and have already gone over the deep end so that you don't have too ;) Also keep in mind that there are a ton of people in this guild with multiple ships and a person can only fly one ship at a time so there is a good chance you can borrow someone's ship or ride on it with them.

One thing to note about the limited ship counter on the Phoenix, it doesn't seem that the upgrades to the phoenix are decrementing the counter for the total number of phoenix's sold. I was pretty stoked to think that there were only 500 so far in the PU and how much that would make me a special little snowflake, but alas.

Also a side note, for others that are interested, the piano that comes with the Phoenix is purchasable separately for this week only, though it is overpriced at $15 if you ask me.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  20. Morgis

Morgis Officer

These variants and upgrades can be purchased in game once its fully up right??? I am looking at the Aquila but cant drop any real world cash right now.