Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 28, 2017.

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 28, 2017.

1. syberghost

syberghost Social Media Manager Staff Member

Coming out this September. Will almost certainly include a PC launch, but this is not yet confirmed.

Anybody gonna play this on PC?
  2. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Maybe. If I have the money to get it.
  3. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Man, I loved Destiny, I may switch to PC if there's enough interest and they actually have game controllers figured out since I'm so used to controller for that game (my comment makes reference to GRW which requires me to disconnect my keyboard and mouse to play with controller). Anyway, I will play this game one way or another I'm sure, barring any silly looking changes to game mechanics anyway.
  4. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

syberghost likes this.
  5. syberghost

6. syberghost

No word on what store(s) it'll be for PC yet. We know that the box will not contain a disk, only a download code, and that's about it.
  7. Cryseph

Cryseph Member

I will be on PS4 with D2 if anyone is picking it backup
  8. Fell

I don't think this one will have cross platform play, going to be hard to decide which to play PS or PC. We had a super solid crew for PS for Destiny 1 and I have to imagine they will be back for 2 @Snowy?? PC could have more numbers though, if the port is good...
  9. syberghost

I will be 100% PC.
  10. Martinfort

Martinfort Division Leader Staff Member

I will be all over this on PC
    syberghost likes this.
  11. Snowy

Snowy Officer

To my understanding we have 4 or 5 for PS4 from my old raging group. Ano, Rom, Angel myself and Greg. I have a Friends List of 20 ppl always online, most of which i know will be on Destiny 2
    Cryseph likes this.
  12. Fell

I see you addressed your plans in this thread, nevermind. Maybe i'll wait to hear how the PC beta goes before I commit to platform
  13. syberghost

Release dates:

September 6: PS4 and Xbone.
    October 24: PC

Expect this "console first" shit to persist for a while, it's the "console exclusivity" deals. It'll pass. Let the kids have this one. We'll all be playing Secret World Legends for those two months anyway.
  14. syberghost

Stop preordering games:

[​IMG]
  15. Arcfire

Seeing as I have one or two friends who love halo, and that this is a Bungie title, I might just have to pick this up for PC when it releases. And since the original apparently had no story to speak of, it shouldn't matter much starting off with #2 presumably.

Assuming there is nothing big going on with Star Citizen by then, of course.
  16. syberghost

They're deliberately making the new story not just an extension of the old, since they know they're going to have a tremendous number of people coming in who haven't been part of the franchise before.

Also there will never be anything big going on with Star Citizen. :)
  17. Fell

I still haven't decided which platform to go for. I'm definitely leaning PS4 due to the known quantity on end-game orientation with the PS4 guys @Snowy
  18. Arcfire

Is it still going to be segregated servers? What year is this?
  19. syberghost

It will be segregated servers, so pick the platform where your friends will be.

Or, you know, pick the only platform that will have an unlocked frame rate and decent aiming. That's where I'll be.
  20. Fell

I hear you, trust me the PC version tempts me. But, I played D1, I know how much end game relied on a solid fireteam. PUG raids were almost always fucked from landfall. If there's enough PC guys committing to go all the way, I'd probably end up on PC or maybe even both platforms. As it stands now I'm torn. This is where I wish PS4 had a windows shared distribution model like Xbox does on many newer games.