Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 28, 2017.

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 28, 2017.

1. stat

stat Division Leader

2. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

....OK, now I'm starting to feel a little queasy about that preorder.
  3. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

Yeah, if they refuse to be adults and merge servers, the least they could do is give you keys for all platforms. I mean, people would try to resell them but you could require a playstation login or something on the PC side and disk verification on the PS4 side.

EDIT @ stat wait wtf...
  4. syberghost

The cross server stuff isn't entirely their fault, Sony is pretty hostile to it in general and with shooter mechanics they can't afford to wait on Microsoft for Xbox approvals to patch exploits on PC; but the no recoil on guns thing is going to ruin PvP on PC. Might as well make the hitboxes heads only, 'cause nobody's aiming anywhere else.
  5. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Yeah I'm pretty much buying PS4 now. I don't PvP a ton, but when I do I actually want a chance to develop some skill with it, not go ez mode.
  6. Arcfire

Didn't realize destiny even had PvP, I thought it was all about them raids.
  7. Fell

The crucible they call it. They were actually continually running events and had a good variety of maps and game modes. I understand they're planning to make some player generated improvements for D2, they talk about it in the fan reveal event they had a month ago.
  8. syberghost

It's 2017, obviously they have to have zombies. And Battle Royale. Battle Royale with zombies is optional.
  9. syberghost

10. Arcfire

Watching Del on Angry Joe Show playing it, apparently PC beta isn't until late August, at which point we may all be playing Star Citizen 3.0 sooo....
  11. syberghost

We may all be playing Half-Life 3 by then, too, but there's what may happen and what is likely to happen... :)
  12. Arcfire

Point taken, though I would wager the relative likelihoods of SC3.0 and HL3 are not quite on the level lol.
  13. syberghost

14. syberghost

15. Fell

i gotta say that just seems odd to be in the battle.net platform. I'm going to be on PS4 initially, if we get a good PC presence going I will consider squaring away on both platforms for giggles. honestly can't wait to play this one and wish it were cross platform.
    Cryseph likes this.
  16. stat

stat Division Leader

I might try the beta on PC. I don't expect great things though if I do.
  17. syberghost

It came in the middle of them renaming the app to "Blizzard App", so they've renamed it again; now it's "Blizzard Battle Net App". I suggested they rename it this:

[​IMG]
  18. Cryseph

Cryseph Member

I will be going PS4 as well. Let me know your ps4 id and lets hook up!
  19. Arcfire

I'm very much in the try-before-buy camp on this one. Dubious. Guess I'll try to get a few open beta hours in next week. On a Tues/Wed no less, bleh.
  20. Fell

AoAFell - wow that's awesome, we have a good US based crew that plays the shit outta PS4. Will be awesome to pew pew with you again!
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 21, 2017 ---
    I can definitely vouch for the PS4 side, game played really well and was fun despite the story being a bit meh. I can't speak for the PC port though, this will be interesting to see how it works out.