Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 28, 2017.

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I would like to buy it, but I barely have money to pay my bills these days. Like right now, my cable is turned off until I get paid on the 7th. :(
  2. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

I've had a sudden influx of D&D campaigns in the past couple months or so, and what little video game time I've had left over I've been pouring into Divinity 2, which is a fucking great game but demands a lot of time investment. So I made the call that I just wouldn't have the time to make it worth buying D2. I might have time for it eventually, but by then I imagine most people will have moved on.
  3. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

I am on Destiny2 PC and @Ferc as well. Looking for a fireteam!
    syberghost and Fell like this.
  4. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Well that’s good news. I recall late weekends, like 8 pacific were good times to overlap with APAC if you guys decide to band together for strikes. @Bnorus maybe check out the clan sg put together unless you already roll with one....
  5. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

Already rolled with one in HK/Japan, American expat mostly doing PvP so it's good :)
  6. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

If you're still on the fence about this game, starting tomorrow there will be a free trial. Includes some ability to play PvP, solo PvE, and multiplayer PvE.

All progress is retained if you later buy it, so you have absolutely nothing whatsoever to lose.
  7. Fell

what's the verdict on PC side? any reviews?
  8. syberghost

I don't think I could find a game review site that hasn't reviewed it yet, most twice.

Metacritic score 83, user score 4.1 mostly due to review bombing over a misstep regarding undocumented "diminishing returns" on XP for people farming one activity instead of doing multiple things.

Breaking the "I only grind one activity until I get bored and quit your game" cycle is good; doing it secretly is bad.

My personal take is it's great so far, I haven't done any team stuff yet because my gaming clan isn't playing this game on PC. This may be the game that finally pushes me out the door, I need to be able to play games with people.
  9. Fell

I wasn't clear and was asking more on the personal take. Destiny's definitely a hard game to appreciate without other players, especially after you finish the story
  10. syberghost

11. syberghost

Finally made the time to beat the main campaign story, and as I'd hoped, more stories opened up. I'm sure I'll run out of story content soon, but I'm glad it wasn't THAT short.

Starting to get the good gear now.
  12. syberghost

13. Fell

tempting... I have that chest piece on my Titan and the power weapon looks fam - that the sniper?

pro-tip if you haven't figured this out yet - DON'T upgrade your purples with blues unless there is a huge gain in light. it's not worth it at 4 shards/infusion. you will find use for those shards down the road. only infuse with purples and yellows.
  14. syberghost

Yep, I just grind my blues for Glimmer, unless I get a nice new purple or gold that I need to bring up to snuff.

Also figured out to make sure I have a second piece for every slot that I want to run a gold in, so I can swap out if I need to. For those who aren't familiar with the system, you can only have one gold weapon active, and one gold piece of armor active, at a time.

I keep a purple (or, if I have to, a nice blue) marked "Locked" so I don't accidentally grind it.
  15. Fell

They're planning to extend the loot table to include masterwork versions of the purples - essentially versions with small additional (and re-rollable) perks including generating light orbs and kill counters. Also fated engrams from Xur so you can be guaranteed a yellow you don't have at the time you decode the engram (I assume for a higher shard price than either armor or weapon purchases from xur). I've seen way too many exotic repeat drops so this would be a nice to have.

Your titan is looking pretty solid. Titan is my alt, I got him to 285 already by decoding weapons on my Warlock (304 light) and passing down. Just mentioning in case you try another class - the higher your base toon the more quickly you can level an alt.
  16. syberghost

Interesting. So if I play another class and get drops, they're a shared inventory and I can just switch over?

Not that I'm doing another class any time soon; Titan 4 life!
  17. Fell

Yes you can. and if you use the iphone app you can move stuff around (between chars) when you're outside game too.

Just remember armor drops are class specific, so really you only get weaps that transfer. engrams don't xfer either.
  18. syberghost

Progress:

[​IMG]

280 is another milestone that unlocks stuff.
  19. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

I am hearing more and more about folks playing this, most have had a great time thus far. Especially with the first expansion that came out, seems like it has gotten pretty good reviews. I am sure I will end up purchasing this for myself for Christmas, or somebody else will lol. Maybe the next great big sale will be enough for me to make the move! Fireteam is like 8 people right? Wonder if we will have enough to put something like that together eventually, or is there a good LFG system like in WoW?
  20. syberghost

Fireteams are 3 for Strikes (dungeons) and 6 for Raids (duh raids).

And, for some reason, 4 for PvP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AndyCapp likes this.