Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 28, 2017.

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

There is a matching program for regular strikes. Nightfall (expert) strikes and raids do not have matching, though they do have a "guided games" feature where you can team up with a group already expert in the content to get a taste. I should put expert in quotes because I think a fair number of clans who can't run a full group sign up to host a guided game - whether they really are appropriate guides or not...
  2. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

3. Fell

Sturm and Drang rock. I'm not much of a pistol/hand cannon guy, i prefer a bit of range. But those are beast weapons up close, congrats - i remember that one taking a while and i remember soloing the servitor for the final kill, it was a bit of a bitch. I might try the smaller weapons on my Titan, they seem to be a bit more durable and might encourage me to adapt my playstyle to be a bit more up close and personal. These days on my warlock i prefer the MIDA Multi-tool scout rifle, the map while aiming down sights gets me out of a lot of scrapes...

I finally played some of the osiris content last night, got a few pieces (including the MIDA) up to 310 light, so now i'm at 306. Drops are definitely more powerrful and i saved a ton of resources to turn in when my light creeps up higher so it will soon be raining engrams. Cant wait to actually grind some missions and events to up the gear flow and i want to try the heroic strikes and upgraded nightfalls too
  4. syberghost

Mida is next on my list.
    Fell likes this.
  5. syberghost

So, controversy. There's a new Trace Rifle, "Prometheus Lens", that only drops in the top-tier raid that requires purchasing the DLC. Like all Trace Rifles, its shtick is that it does low damage when it hits, but it's a beam, and as you stay on target the damage increases fantastically to ridiculous heights if you can keep the whole thing on target for the entire magazine.

Except it's broken; it's doing max damage almost immediately. In PvP it's a laser pointer of death that you can sweep around the room deleting people instantly.

So every weekend there's a Trials of Iron PvP event, and they did not get the fix fully tested yet. Their options for this weekend were:

1. Remove the weapon from the game in a hotfix with no testing.
    2. Turn off the Trials for this weekend.
    3. Rush the untested fix in and hope for the best.
    So they did option 4; Xur is in the EDZ, selling Prometheus Lens for 29 shards, which anybody can afford, with no restriction on who can purchase. The playing field is level, PvP this weekend will be 8 little Zeuses and Odins trading lightning bolts. Also they're on social media shaming the people who bet they'd never do this into keeping good on their bets.
  6. syberghost

And a new adventure begins:

[​IMG]

This is the reward for a very long quest chain, but it also begins another, which culminates in the MIDA Multi-Tool weapon that Fell mentioned above. It's another combo like Sturm and Drang, where either part is worthwhile on its own, but together they have special bonuses.

MIDA Multi-Tool is one of those "everybody has to have this" things; one reviewer said in any 8 person PvP instance, 6 of them will be using it.
  7. syberghost

Weapon ornaments are cool.

[​IMG]
  8. Fell

Finished the dlc story, was a pretty good ending but last fight a little easy if geared. Looks like 25 is new max level. Now to collect the faction armor!
  9. syberghost

Main story complete, and Light is getting up there:

[​IMG]
    Bnorus likes this.
  10. syberghost

11. Fell

You got up there pretty quick, new drops made all the old stuff obsolete, at least in power terms. Think I'm around the same light, 312 maybe. Updating the MIDA is a slower path for sure, I've noticed a lot of the new exotic drops are 318 power, but takes a few legendary infusions to take a 305 --> 318+. I can't build a stockpile of shards right now, I'm infusing like crazy to upgrade my tried and trues...
    Bnorus likes this.
  12. Martinfort

Martinfort Division Leader Staff Member

Alright, Finally found time to get this game, was playing through the trial last night and I'm hooked, If you don't already have me on Battle.net my tag is Martinfort#11191
    syberghost likes this.
  13. syberghost

Trying to invite you to the clan, Martinfort, but it's doing weird shit.
  14. Martinfort

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
    syberghost likes this.
  15. Martinfort

Me waiting to find a Cracked Talisman Warlock Relic

[​IMG]
  16. Martinfort

Nevermind, there is a god.... Back to the campaign now

[​IMG]
  17. Martinfort

Eh, not bad for my first day, got my stormcaller done, that's all I care about. Don't have the expansion yet so 20 is my life for a few days.

[​IMG]
    Fell and syberghost like this.
  18. Fell

Not bad at all. Once you hit 270 it will be to your advantage to get the expansion as that’s the light requirement for a good portion of the activities and the gains from expansion gear outweigh - by far - the “legacy” content rewards. After 270ish you’re just wasting your time on the old content (except daily and weekly rewards where drops scale to your level or clan level).
  19. Martinfort

Well I suppose even then I'd be wasting my time because I wont be able to level over 20.
  20. syberghost

Yep; all the gear that can level your light up higher is level 21 or higher too.

This DLC is straight up "it costs more to make a AAA game now and we can't charge more, so we'll back door the other $40 in". If you're gonna play, you gotta have it. It is not worth it for the added story content, but it's an absolutely necessary for the ability to keep up with the repeatable content.

Remains to be seen if it will be necessary for the Gods of Mars content. Part of their exclusivity deal is they're doing their betas on PS4 so I won't see any of that until closer to when it drops in March.

http://za.ign.com/destiny-2/114446/news/destiny-2-gods-of-mars-dlc-details-outed-by-psn
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 3, 2018 ---
    I should clarify, when I say "backdoor the other $40 in", I mean both expansions combined; they're $20 apiece, not $40.

They are 100% about charging a more realistic $100 for the game instead of the $60 the market will pay, however.