DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN

Discussion in 'Misc. PC Gaming' started by Ragter, Jul 9, 2014.

DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN

Discussion in 'Misc. PC Gaming' started by Ragter, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Ragter

Ragter AoA Emeritus

Been playing this lately.

Been playing with someone and it's been fun.

The one bad thing about this game that i can tell so far is that. . . it doesn't hold your hand.
    Not used to that and it's forcing me to check every corner and scan my screen very carefully lol.

It's one of the few games where there is an "end quest" but how you accomplish it is up to you. You could destroy all the npcs in town and still get on to the next zone.

It's turn based combat with isometic camera view. So it's a throwback to baulder's gate type of games.

It's built to be a 2 player co-op game with 0-2 henchman assisting you. You could mod the game to allow the henchman to be playable by players as well.

There are plenty of times where i accidentally stunned my teammate along with the enemy. Stupid puddles of water. . .
    Ikagawa likes this.
  2. Ikagawa

Ikagawa Web Admin Staff Member

3. stat

stat Division Leader

I bought this last week, will finally be able to goof around with it this weekend. With all the things I am hearing about it I am looking forward to wasting my time with this game... I did buy it to play with a specific friend, and with the limited coop, I doubt I'd have much time to play with anyone here.
  4. stat

stat Division Leader

Follow up on this...

Holy fucking shit, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. I started what I believe is the third act last night, and I am not sure how many is left, maybe one, I can't say. But damn, is it ever fun. One minute I am digging up a grave, next thing i'm doing is waiting for a resurrection, and rolling on the floor laughing at the same time at the unexpected turn of events. The game is very unforgiving, and very random at times. I like it.
    Fell likes this.
  5. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Must...resist...temptation....

...but i likely won't...
  6. Ragter

Ragter AoA Emeritus

The game is fun with a friend.

Friendly fire incidents are hilarious for sure.

Some tongue in cheek easter eggs too.

Magic seems to be strong early on in the game. But damn do they hit HARD later in the game. I can die in 3-4 hits and they can hit that many in one turn.
    Makes me play very defensive now a days. But damn can i crowd control like a boss!

The puzzles are fun to figure out. It's pretty much like a old D&D computer games of the 90's. No waypoints to hold your hand.
  7. Fell

I ended up getting a copy. It kept crashing on open til I realized it was trying to render. Had to set monitor resolution down before booting, game didn't like 4K and didn't know how to reset resolution on it's own. Not much time to play but I was impressed by how throwback it was. It also reminds me of bard's tale and might and magic..
  8. stat

stat Division Leader

@Fellblade :Just don't forget your shovel!

Wtih who I am playing with, we both don't feel like magic damage is worth it anymore at our point in the game. Sure the combos with the environment can still be pretty fun, but straight up magic damage just isn't cutting it anymore. She's kinda pissed and irritated at this revelation. However we both feel that the buffs and enchants that it provides are still keeping up with the rest of the game.

edited to make myself clearer
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  9. Fell

Huh? :p
  10. Cirsphe

Cirsphe Veteran Member

Enhanced Edition is coming out next month I think and the kickstarter for Original Sin 2 goes up on the 26th. Played through the whole game with Bnorus and we absolutely loved it. Bnorus found the game very challenging, but that could have been exacerbated by me constantly forgetting that my lightning spell with stun everyone who was wet....
  11. Sudoshred

Sudoshred Veteran Member

And it's coming to Linux. I'm probably picking this up when it does!