Division Marathon 9/1/17 - ???

Discussion in 'Tom Clancy's The Division' started by AndyCapp, Sep 1, 2017.

Division Marathon 9/1/17 - ???

Discussion in 'Tom Clancy's The Division' started by AndyCapp, Sep 1, 2017.

1. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Leveling an Alt with a buddy of mine who just got the game not long ago. We are 14th level going through the story mode, once complete we are going to try and gear up and get him to experience all the various game modes etc... We will have room for two more to jump in and out all night if anybody is interested. I posted in the Facebook Group as well, wanted to get a chance to reconnect with some AoA buddies :)

Edit- Also I am likely to play most of the day Saturday, may not even sleep. Sunday is gonna be family day mostly, then likely gonna play Monday as well. May mix up the games between Warframe, Arc, Division, Diablo3, who knows!
  2. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Ok guys I am online from now until about 3am tomorrow morning Eastern time. We are level 22 now, and will be pushing to complete the content fast tonight, wish us luck!
  3. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Well, we were able to hit level 30, got the story mode beat, and started in the underground. This is an ALT for me so of course I am in a full 256 set now, and my buddy is getting geared up pretty well. Can do hard mode dailies but challenging is, well, challenging. I really want to get in on the next world event and get a full set of classified gear, that is the bees, knees!
  4. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Andy, sorry I missed out, I would have liked to reconnect with this game. I checked out for a few days after my lousiest month of the year at work (every August is a chore at the office). Right now I'm on Destiny 2, but will try to look out for you if you keep running this title, I've been away a while but still have a lot of love for this game...
    AndyCapp likes this.
  5. syberghost

syberghost Social Media Manager Staff Member

A reason to join Andy (besides the fact Andy is nice and we like him and he's fun to play games with); new PvP mode coming soon. 4v4 arena, no NPCs. Also, new post-256 loot thing; gradual improvement of your gear up to an effective GS of 286, no more "that drop did nothing for me" random grind (above 256 anyway).

AndyCapp likes this.
  6. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

I am thinking that October will be kind to us in the way of Division loot. I really don't like feeling like I am wasting my time since I don't have a full "classified gearset". So right now the guys who do, are king, and if you don't... I have been trying to farm the world bosses since there is a chance to get it that way, and the next "global event" is still several weeks out I think. Whenever that event kicks off again, The Division will have my undivided attention ;-)
  7. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Found out that you can do Legendary runs of Times Square and while it is really tough, you can get an exotic cache every week I guess. My buddy got the ninja backpack that is like a wildcard for any gearset piece, and can match 2 at once! I am so jealous, I just got this revolver lol. Anyway, you can get classified gear this way, and don't have to wait for the next global event.

Side note, patch 1.8 is going to bring the ability to max out your item stats if you have bad rolls, this should really help so we don't have to throw away items because of bad stats etc...
  8. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I've joined Andy several times playing this game over the past couple of weeks, since he did that marathon. I enjoyed the game since the release, but found nobody to run with from the guild to get weekly missions complete and do the Underground and the other new options. I still have no clue as to what weapon is better than the next in each category, so, I still have my same weapons that I did several months ago. Would really love to find out how to find something better. Those numbers they have all over the weapons really doesn't mean anything to me (I do understand what they mean, just not how it makes it a better or worse weapon).
  9. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Hey hey hey! Now is the time to play the hell out of this game for the next 7 days! Classified gear sets are now available and the global events are going strong! I am going to spend as much time in here as possible until I get both my toons totally geared out! I hope to see a ton of my friends on here as well, let's group up, gear up, and kick ass!!! :)
    Rhyus likes this.
  10. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

So, I had family in town for a lot of the time during the Global Events and thus I was not able to put in as much time as I would have liked. I did manage to collect 5 parts of the Classified Reclaimer set, and 5 parts of the Classified Striker set. Alas I am short my 6 piece bonus, and the Ninja Backpack only counts for non-classified sets. I also got about 8 exotic weapons that have bad talents I will likely not ever use, and some exotic armor pieces I am not sure I will ever use either.

The good news is that I am better off than where I started, the bad news is after playing for 20 hours, opening 25 chests that took 50 instance runs, I really expected to have at least 1 complete set. Lucky for me they are doing the Global Events once a month, so I am only a month-ish away from completing my sets and taking it to the next level. In the mean time, I can heal/dps pretty well.
    Rhyus likes this.
  11. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Yea, I wasn't able to get any complete sets or any sets even remotely as close to what you got. I think I only got about 3 or 4 crates and even though each one I got had either a Classified piece or named piece in it, they were not enough to get me anything.
  12. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

ugh I keep missing these Division runs, I miss this game
    AndyCapp likes this.
  13. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

We will have to keep an eye out for the next Global Event and post here and on Facebook so we don't miss out! For sure in a couple events you can get geared out, and they should be releasing more gear sets. This last Global Event the "special" was close up damage, so if you had a D3-FNC set with shield you could face tank just about anything and wipe it out in one magazine. No telling what the next special modifier will be, but that last one made me feel like a god lmao! Also now I can heal/dps pretty well when we do end up teaming up again :)
    Rhyus likes this.