Edge

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by Rhyus, Aug 29, 2015.

Edge

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by Rhyus, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, so, I'm using Edge for the first time to view the forums. When I look at just the list of posts, most of the pictures on the side are not showing up, just a little box with an "x" in it. Is there a way to get the pictures to show up there?
  2. stat

stat Division Leader

I tried Edge, saw that issue, then went back to Chrome. Haven't touched Edge since.
  3. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

It doesn't seem to be everybody's picture, but most of them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 29, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 29, 2015 ---
    Oh, I'm also having issues with Chrome not saving and not using my saved IDs and passwords on Win10.
  4. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

Apparently Edge does not support the webp format and it isn't properly reporting it to the web server. webp is much higher quality with much higher compression than jpg or png so the web server transparently converts all images to webp and caches them. If a browser reports that it doesn't support webp then png should be served.

So Microsoft either needs to start supporting webp or properly report what it supports to the server.
  5. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, thank you for that info....guess nothing I can do about it at this point.
  6. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Windows 10 does include Internet Explorer, it's just not on the task bar. Also, Chrome and Firefox work dandy.

I have high hopes for Edge, Microsoft seems to "get it" a lot more now, but it's definitely still a beta.
  7. HittingSmoke

I use it on my convertible tablet because it's so much better than anything else when using a touchscreen. On Win10 Chrome won't even trigger the OSK.
    syberghost likes this.
  8. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I'm having issues with Chrome on Windows 10. It doesn't seem to remember some of my login names and passwords and when I tell it to save it, it doesn't seem to work. And this is on the pages that I normally frequent everyday when I'm at home.
  9. syberghost

Sounds like the sort of corruption that could happen to your Chrome database if your filesystem is continually getting hosed by hardware-related crashes.

Try going through and looking for duplicates and removing them; it could be getting confused by two with similar info.

I imported all mine into LastPass and deleted them from Chrome, IE, and Firefox long ago, so I don't actually use this feature in any browser anymore. But can't do that yet with Edge, not directly.
  10. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

What is LastPass?

When I go into Chrome to view the login/password info, it lists nothing at all.
  11. syberghost

LastPass is an application that manages passwords for you, storing them in an encrypted blob on their cloud servers. It's like what Chrome does, but it works on more than just Chrome. Also it lets you export your stuff and save it on your own, in case it were to get corrupted or they were to go out of business or something.

You might just have a corrupted local store, with valid data backed up by Google, if you've been logging into your Google account in Chrome to back things up. Most people do.

Check to make sure you're logged into the Google account you expect to be logged into. It's the first thing in Settings.

You can also go into your Google Dashboard to manage the data. The link is, again, right there in the top in Settings, but it's also here:

https://www.google.com/settings/chrome/sync
  12. Cirsphe

Cirsphe Veteran Member

Man sounds like IE6 with transparent png support fiasco all over again.

Edge will be getting a big update next month which will add Extension support. Wondering if this will be fixed by then.

Also I too highly recommend LastPass, even if they did have a data breach a few months ago.
  13. syberghost

I recommend them even more after their data breach, considering how they responded to it, and how it didn't uncover them doing anything really stupid.
    HittingSmoke and Cirsphe like this.
  14. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

They've had a windows phone app for a long time but i never signed up, kept putting it off. Think i'm going LastPass this weekend, too much scary shit out there.

And yeah, edge enhancements cant' come soon enough. I like it but yeah, hurry up filling in the blanks (which i'm ok with in principle, i get it, let's get something out there and i think for once MSFT did a good job of setting expectations, i just hope they hurry up and get this thing up to 1.0 level)
  15. HittingSmoke

Since Pagespeed is no longer running this problem is solved.
  16. Cirsphe

Cirsphe Veteran Member

My biggest gripe with Edge is when you click on the middle of a url to edit it, it changes font size/style and the cursor spawns not where you clicked in the URL. Makes it super annoying using SharePoint
  17. syberghost

SharePoint didn't need help being super annoying.
    Omnifox, Cirsphe and HittingSmoke like this.
  18. Omnifox

Omnifox Cylon - Toaster Model Staff Member

Best comment of 2016.
    syberghost likes this.