Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim lands 11/11/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jag, Dec 11, 2010.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim lands 11/11/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jag, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Jag

Jag AoA's Hemorrhoid

Though several titles were rumored to be revealed at tonight's VGA ceremony, the first world premiere came completely out of left field. After a strange preamble which saw dozens of hooded figures walk on stage in front of a mountainous background, Bethesda producer Todd Howard appeared to reveal his studio's next game.
    Later, a trailer for the game unspooled, revealing its title, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The trailer showed a wall of carvings against a voiceover that sounded eerily reminiscent of Swedish actor Max von Sydow.
    "The Elder Scrolls told of their return," said the voiceover. "Their defeat was only a delay. From the time after Oblivion opened, the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. But nobody wanted to believe, believe they even existed. And when the truth finally dawned, it dawned in fire."
    Simultaneously, a large gray dragon pried itself free from the wall and breathes faux fire against a lone warrior, who beats back the flames with a shield. "But the one they fear is dragon-born," the VO concludes, before showing the release date of the game: November 11, 2011.
    The announcement comes just weeks after a report surfaced that a new Elder Scrolls was in the works, and it would be a direct sequel to the last entrant in the series, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6285278.ht ... Btitle%3B1

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013
  2. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

FINALLY! I have loved all the Elder Scrolls games and I have been dieing to goto the Nord part of the world. I always play as a Nord.
  3. Moji

Moji Veteran Member

Huge ES fan, time to start waiting ><
  4. Qura

Qura Veteran Member

5. RIP

RIP Veteran Member

'All New' Game Engine For Next Elder Scrolls
    by Kris Graft
    December 13, 2010

Recently-announced The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is dropping the Gamebryo-based engine used in Oblivion and recent Fallout games in favor of a new internally-developed engine, developer and publisher Bethesda said over the weekend.

2006's Oblivion, 2008's Fallout 3 and the Obsidian-developed Fallout: New Vegas from this year all used heavily-modified versions of the Gamebryo engine from Emergent Technologies. While all three games were strong sellers and critically-acclaimed, the current engine has been showing its age.

Bethesda community manager Nick Breckon said in a Tweet, "We can now confirm that the TES V: Skyrim engine is all-new. And it looks fantastic." He added that the new Elder Scrolls engine is internally-built, and the game will have a new gameplay engine as well.

Over the weekend, Bethesda Softworks unveiled Skyrim, its next open world role-playing game, via a trailer debut at Spike TV's annual Video Game Awards. Slated for a November 2011 release, it's the follow-up to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, a game that sold 3 million copies in its first nine months and became one of the highest-rated RPGs of all time.

Bethesda's long-running Elder Scrolls series debuted in 1994 with The Elder Scrolls: Arena. Later additions to the respected series included Daggerfall and Morrowind, as well as substantial expansions to major franchise installments.
  6. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

I am happy to see an internally built engine, these guys have enough sense to have an engine that will be easy for public modders to use.
  7. Circe

Circe Officer

Yay! If my hubby plays as much of this as he did Oblivion, I should have plenty of time to play my own games w/o complaints. :D
  8. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

http://kotaku.com/5728236/the-next-elder-scrolls-has-new-combat--levelling

9. Jag

Jag AoA's Hemorrhoid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

this is a very cool interactive Alduin's Wall, the wall thingy seen in the trailer. It details some of the things that lead up to Skyrim and even ties in the other ES games into one crazy arc from game to game, basically tieing each of the roles through the games into one really cool prophecy. Must see for people who are into Skyrim!

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/skyrim_wall.aspx
  11. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

12. Patrinell

Patrinell Veteran Member

Yeah this game looks amazingly better than Oblivion was.
  13. RIP

RIP Veteran Member

14. Jag

Jag AoA's Hemorrhoid

[​IMG]
  15. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

16. Jag

Jag AoA's Hemorrhoid

17. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

That was fucking great.
  18. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

new stuff released about Skyrim. Since this is French PSN it includes some crap about PS3 controls.

19. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

great first action video.
  20. Overmind

Overmind Veteran Member

Thanks Zenix for the updated video... This game looks absolutely amazing.