Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 5, 2014.

Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Mar 5, 2014.

1. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

Elite Ship Design
    syberghost likes this.
  2. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

3. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

So here's what I've decided about this game:

It's coming out very soon, and the price to enter is pretty cheap. SC doesn't come out for a year. There's no reason not to get and play this in the meantime.

If it turns that SC is a much better game, the money wasn't wasted, I got a year of play of a good game. If it turns out ED is a much better game, well, we'll all be glad to have it. Either there's not really a competition right now, or the better game wins, and we all win with it.

I just purchased.
    Fell and Signal Warden like this.
  4. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

That's great man, keep us posted on your experience. i'm still a bit tied to SWTOR at the moment and everything else is not getting the gamer love it deserves. I think there's plenty to admire about Elite, i don't understand the hate out there. More than one great space sim would be a good thing. More than a handful of great ANYTHING games would be a good thing.
    stat and syberghost like this.
  5. stat

stat Division Leader

I'm interested in it, just always been off put by the way they marketed it.

I do want to try it, I just don't know when. My time is becoming very limited at the moment.
    Cirsphe likes this.
  6. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

The game goes full release next week I do believe. Its currently in its last stage of testing, calling it Gamma. People have had 2-3 weeks to play the version that launches before they wipe it.
  7. Signal Warden

Signal Warden Officer

syberghost likes this.
  8. syberghost

Signal Warden likes this.
  9. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

Fuck, I haven't been playing this stage of beta the whole time haha

Side note, I had always expected and wanted a final wipe to make the game a clean slate for everyone, kind of shitty of them not to wipe considering so many people were testing the mechanics and have bugs that have to be erased to fix while people who are not testing and just playing as you would at launch get to keep their gains.

This should have been announced the day that Gamma launched, what a joke.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  10. syberghost

Launch trailer:

Boo on lack of gameplay footage.
  11. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

An honest version lol

syberghost likes this.
  12. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

The Frontier devs added a bunch of tutorial videos to their youtube to explain how to use the in game galaxy map to find trade routes and other info. They have a series of these vids but I found this one to be the most handy.

Fell and syberghost like this.
  13. Fell

OK I have to say that star map capability looks awesome. I can see why explorer/trader types might like this game.
  14. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

It can be quite overwhelming and confusing to get started with the trading mechanics.
  15. Cirsphe

Cirsphe Veteran Member

I backed this game back in kickstarter and tried playing a few weeks ago. I died on the first tutorial mission about 10 times and raged quit cause it didn't explain anything. Then tried it again recently with a friend hand holding me to explain how to actually do docking. I will try this over the holidays. I would tell you my name, but to be honest I don't remember what my in game name is. I think it is Cirsphe.
  16. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

My Commander name is Zednix feel free to add me.
  17. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

I am in !
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 16, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 16, 2014 ---
    Outch 0:-6:0 !!!! Alright if someone is playing I'll be hanging in the StarCitizen TeamSpeak
  18. syberghost

Fell likes this.
  19. Fell

Yeah i saw that. Bloods and Crips, can't we all get along? Apparently CR thinks so... but i have a feeling the drive-bys will keep on comin'
  20. syberghost

ED came back and thanked him in their blog, and joined him in anticipating No Man's Sky.

I hung out a bit online with David "Dake/Daeke" Bass, who was the Community Manager for Star Wars: The Old Republic for most of beta (and before that, Cryptic Studios during the Champions Online/Star Trek Online launches, and former fellow IRC Op at Coldfront) last night; he's playing ED now too. Everybody's giving this game a try, but it still had a smooth launch so far. Very nice.