Eve Online

Discussion in 'EVE Online' started by chevere, Oct 19, 2012.

Eve Online

Discussion in 'EVE Online' started by chevere, Oct 19, 2012.

1. chevere

chevere Veteran Member

How to start an EVE Online section. Or better yet can someone help me start an EVE Online section?
  2. Gahd

Gahd Member

Step 1: Find people interested and/or build interest.

Based on the age of the game, this step might not be too easy.
  3. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

Yea, we have an established protocol for starting divisions. The first thing you'd need is enough regular players to start a viable corp. They would have to agree on a play style (nullsec, lowec, or pussy-ass carebear), and for EVE specifically you'd need a trustworthy leadership circle who understands the game so you guys could plan out territory and revenue streams (ratting, plexs or indie).

Most all of our EVE players were playing long before they joined AoA and are established in other corps spanning all different industries and territories. I'm not subbed right now but I resub every few months to screw around and catch up. I'm in Dreddit, a nunllsec corp currently in Delve.

If you really have your heart set on an EVE division then you have quite a bit of work to do before that's a reality. I don't see our current EVE players coming together to form a corp, we're just too fragmented.

I'll probably be resubbing shortly after the holiday season is over to check out the new content. I'm loving the look of the new destroyers.

On top of all that, you'd need to convince monkey that EVE exists so you could get his vote.
  4. Awlbiste

Awlbiste Veteran Member

Purely hypothetical. But at least you can say EVE on the forums now.
  5. FloLuna

FloLuna Veteran Member

I heard people use to get lynched for doing such a thing...
  6. EchoZero

EchoZero Veteran Member

*quietly begins prepping torches, pitchforks and the hangman's noose for people in this thread*

How dare you speak the forbidden name on these forums!
  7. Gahd

Gahd Member

We got much better at keeping such aftermath under wraps.
  8. EchoZero

EchoZero Veteran Member

Weird wont let me edit my post here... Many EvE players have been involved with other corps for quite a while and it seems to be a failed endeavor for most communities at this point but hey at least we can talk about it now!

Another problem is getting everyone to agree on where they want to play in the universe and the playstyle like smoke said. Even just between him and I we are complete opposites. I play only in high sec cause i fly solo and dont have the resources nor skills to be flying in null/lowsec.
  9. Omnifox

Omnifox Cylon - Toaster Model Staff Member

Just keep in mind, monkey now knows where I keep my guns.
  10. HittingSmoke

You'd also have to take into account that the general atmosphere of AoA isn't really conducive to a thriving EVE corp. To have a thriving corp of casual players, you still need some hardcore 24/7 spreadsheet wizards to hold it all together. Most of us with the skills to maintain that kind of structure don't have the time because of families, jobs, etc.
  11. Trapman

Trapman Veteran Member

I just resubbed and I'm wondering what to do as well.

I was in northern alliance so my pilot and dozens of ships and hundreds of modules and BPs are spread out all over null sec.

My former corp died with the alliance and it's glorious jump bridge network.

I got a skill training and just logged out.

I thought about trying to join test but I just recently started actively posting on Reddit so not gonna happen.

Red vs blue is an option. I've never done the high sec stuff so that could be a fun change of pace.

Sent from my PHONE!
  12. HittingSmoke

There are other corps in TEST that can get you blue in our space. If I stick around for awhile after my next resub I might be able to get you into Dreddit. I know they have some sort of friend recruitment program for people who don't meet the criteria.

The problem with EVE is that I just can't devote the time into it to make it really fun. I like PvP logies and bombers which involves a lot of stalking, which is fucking time consuming. I usually resub, do some ratting to buy a decent ship, try to find some action, blow up and let my sub lapse again.
  13. chevere

chevere Veteran Member

Well to answer some of your questions, I have been running a eve corp for a while(over a year), and currently part of an alliance where other corps are from gaming communities (like AOA). A few of the guys i ended up recruiting were from AOA. Which is why I ended up here. I already have the organization in place, I would just like to extend that invitation. We already have those skilled pilots that help out with day to day things. And the basis of the corp was for casual gamers people shouldn't have to log in 24/7 and it shouldn't be second life. But when we do ops and things like that, we should be able to pwn face.

As a corp we've been all over eve. At the moment we are in null sec, in the north. (Part of the CFC) So that JB network someone mentioned... is still up, and bigger and better than it was before with the old Northern Coalition.

As a corp we are currently making supers, and we plan to make a station. The goal of the corp is to have as much access to all areas of the game, (and null sec lets us do that) you can still run missions, go to low sec, own sov, go to wormholes, do incursions. Everything pretty much minus complete high sec carebearing (mining in 0.0 is safer, seriously), and faction warfare.

We have a nice indy division, and pvp division.

(We also strive to do great things; we lead the vile rat candle light vigil.)

In game we have the ground work done.

It would be nice to get some backup and support from a real gaming community. Even if some of ya'll don't want to join because of the friends you made in your current corp, alliance etc. But from what you guys have posted so far a lot of you guys are already our blues, or have assets near our space. Either way, this was my way of reaching out.

If any of you guys have some ideas, or suggestions, or even criticism I would love to hear them out.
  14. mynameismonkey

mynameismonkey AoA Admin Emeritus

WHAT
  15. mynameismonkey

THE FUCK
  16. mynameismonkey

IS GOING ON HERE?
  17. Riot

Riot Veteran Member

I was not involved with this I swear!

I know most of the AoA'ers wouldn't be too interested in playing EVE because of many reasons already stated. I do have the question of bringing people into this community, and possible getting enough to warrant a thread? Might help populate a lot of the other genres AoA is currently invested in.

Just a thought.

Ps. Don't lynch me, I'm almost at my two year anniversary of being in AoA, wait until the end of October!
  18. Matt Treck

Matt Treck Veteran Member

DON'T PANIC.

EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL.

I still play EVE with an old corp, I may be interested in joining an AoA corp if one were to form.
  19. HittingSmoke

We're talking about a stupid Facebook game. Just move along. Nothing you'd be interested in.
  20. chevere

chevere Veteran Member

LOLOLOLOLOL

so clearly there is SOME interest....

the question is how many would commit, or willing to commit?