Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Misc. PC Gaming' started by zenix, Jun 2, 2015.

Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Misc. PC Gaming' started by zenix, Jun 2, 2015.

1. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

RELEASE DATE NOV 10/2015!!!!!

Update for Oct 8
    Min Requirements

Minimum
    Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
    8 GB RAM
    30 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
    Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
    8 GB RAM
    30 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Release Time
    Want to know exactly when you can start playing Fallout 4? Digitally the game will become available on November 10, 2015, at 12:01 am (local time) in all territories (In North America, the unlock time will be 12:01 am EST), except Asia (available at 12 am on Wednesday, November 11th) and Japan (available at 12 am on Thursday, December 17th).

Controllers on PC
    Fallout 4 has plug & play compatibility with both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers

OLD: Not much but there is a count down site up that is actually official this time.

E3 stuff below

Pip-boy RL with a Collectors Edition

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/real-life-fallout-4-pip-boy-debuted-at-e3-2015-ava/1100-6428089/

E3 Video

E3 Crafting Vid

E3 vid from the Microsoft conference(i missed)

THE GAME
    • Companion pipboy app for fo4 that works with your phone IN the pipboy from the CE AND without it!
    • Tutorial segment is pre-war!
    • Game is XB1/PS4/PC only!
    • Dynamic lighting and physics!
    • Customisable and craftable weapons
    • Customisable and craftable armour
    • Making buildings! And settlements!
    • CHARACTER CREATION VIA SCULPTING.
    • You can be female!
    • Voiced protagonist confirmed!
    • Dynamic babies
    • CODSWORTH MIGHT KNOW YOUR NAME
    • Real-time dialogue you can walk away from
    • VATS ONLY SLOWS TIME
    • New different HUD. I like it! IT'S GREEN, WHOEVER BET ON ANYTHING ELSE WAS WRONG, LIKE ME :(
    • The graphics are amazing.
    • Animations VASTLY improved!
    • Critical hits are determined by some bar - possibly increases faster with more VATS hits and higher luck, maybe even a perk?!
    • SWAMP CONFIRMED. AND QUARRY.
    • Literal minigames in the pipboy! Vaulty Kong anybody?!
    • At least some containers actually OPEN rather than just opening a menu!
    • You can call in a minigun-toting vertibird for support!
    WEAPONS

• So many of teh gunz. Liek, so many.
    • Craft weapon parts from in-game items. Get steel from wrenches, or a toaster.
    • Take a Laser Pistol and put on a giant barrel and stock to turn it into a Laser Rifle.
    • Completely new weapon types like PLASMA THROWER.
    • ROCK-IT-LAUNCHER RETURNS UNDER A NEW NAME!
    ARMOUR

• JETPACKS ON POWER ARMOUR
    • IRON MAN MK8+ POWER ARMOUR THAT OPENS FROM THE BACK THIS ANSWERS SO MUCH
    • Power armour first person hud overlay!
    • T-60 power armour!
    ENEMIES

• Many many new enemies and names
    • Bloodbugs
    • Teeny burrowing mole rats
    • Synthetic humanoids confirmed - ANDROIDS
    • BoS confirmed
    • Deathclaws burrow LIVE IN THE SEWERS and are vicious bastards
    • Fucking giant Mirelurk queen
    • SUPER MUTANT BEHEMOTH CONFIRMED BUT IT'S ACTUALLY NOT THAT BIG MORE OF AN OVELRORD IMO
    SETTLEMENT BUILDING

• Dynamic, build what you want
    • Scrap the shit around the world for resources
    • Build turrets, flamethrowers, laser tripwires, and more!
    • Micromanage as you organise electricity for your settlement!
    • Seems to be a specific type of Sentry Bot designed for sieges.
    • fuck you raiders SAY HELLO TO MY MORTAR CANNON.
    • Plant crops and get people to settle. Even special traders with amazing items will move in!
    DOG

• Command system ala Skyrim's but seemingly more fluid and thus BETTER!
    OTHER STUFF

• Fallout Shelter (You are the Overseer of a vault - F2P, very much not P2W): OUT TONIGHT FOR IOS: /r/foshelter[3] is now live! EDIT ANDROID VERSION SOON SOURCE

[4]
    • Dishonored 2 - SO HYPE FOR THIS
    • Doom
    • TES:O
    • Elder Scrolls Legends: card game (mobile)
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

It has been replaced with a 3 minute video showing a "movie" where the countdown was. Looks like you are a survivor from bunker 111. Not sure where that would have been, but it looks like they have flying devices now and bigger towns.
  3. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I dug through this yesterday. Pieced together some javascript variables and came up with an API link that returned the "Countdown Reveal" content in JSON. It was a trailer for some Fallout 3 DLC so I figured it was just going to be a Fallout 4 teaser trailer and they were using the DLC trailer as a placeholder. Guess I was right.

And what an underwhelming trailer it was.
  4. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

5. Signal Warden

Signal Warden Officer

Not for this guy! Imma ride this hype train like a prom date! I'm a pretty huge Wasteland/Fallout fan so this is kind of great for me.
  6. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

Some men just want to set the world on fire.
  7. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

It was an OK trailer. I am excited for a new Fallout game, but the trailer doesn't surprise or wow you in any way.
  8. Signal Warden

Signal Warden Officer

That's true. I think it could have just been a logo with Ron Perlman overtop and I'd still be excited.
    Fell likes this.
  9. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

DUDE, this is the PC gaming forum, WHERE IS YOUR PC? Hope the quest for acquisition is going well, i've yet to see you in game, we can still use more for TSW!
  10. Signal Warden

Signal Warden Officer

No joke. I actually had to cancel the order because the day, the DAY i ordered it my transmission died. I can't even find humor in it anymore. I just want to game again but everything keeps getting in the way. Makes me want to cry.
  11. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

It is already up on Steam for pre-purchase for $60.
  12. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

Fallout 3 vs Fallout 4

[​IMG]
  13. Snowy

Snowy Officer

Well i wanted to point out that:
    1. This game is coming out for ps4, xbox one and pc. So maybe this should be in a general forum.
    2. Trailer did not look that good. This game will probably come out in 2016. Graphics should be better than this.
    3. Took them 7 years for this right? I hope this is huge. I mean witcher 3 huge. Witcher set a new standard for next Gen games for me. Anything short of that is not worth $60 from me.
  14. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

Not every game is developed in the same way. Fallout games have never been a graphics tech demo. They have always looked decent for their time period but never wow'ed you. This is more of the same. They spend more time in other places of the game instead of creating a game that is boring but pretty like the Crysis games. Once actual gameplay comes out people will change there tune and find something else to whine about. Witcher 3 had bullshit trailers that misrepresented the graphics to a small degree on release. Watch Dogs was a much more severe case of trailers being a big old liefest.

This was posted in the MISC section. There isn't a section dedicated to just RPG's. You need to chill out with your touchy feelings about consoles vs PC's. The facts about the hardware are what they are and any fanboyism is fun for a joke but silly if taken seriously.

Snowy likes this.
  15. stat

stat Division Leader

10 bucks says its using Gamebryo again.
  16. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

Can we get over this false dichotomy that a game can either look good OR have an interesting story? Some have neither, some have both.

And the only thing that bothers me in Witcher 3 (that I haven't been able to fix yet) is how weird the trees sometimes look. Something about the up close textures.

http://www.speedtree.com/
    Snowy likes this.
  17. Snowy

Snowy Officer

That's true, and the game still has some funny bugs in it. Hopefully they'll fix them soon. They seem to be working on it all the time. They fixed the cow/crown making exploit in a most funny way. They put a high level mob in the area if u try to do it. lol. It's hilarious.
  18. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

All new E3 info is going in the first post.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Rhyus and syberghost like this.
  19. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

Another E3 video summarizing and critiquing the E3 info for Fallout 4

20. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

Added E3 crafting video to the OP
    Rhyus likes this.