News Game Update 5.2 should be released on April 11

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by loosejuice, Mar 24, 2017.

News Game Update 5.2 should be released on April 11

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by loosejuice, Mar 24, 2017.

1. loosejuice

loosejuice Division Leader

hey folks,

The big update is planned to be released on April 11. This should have the first boss of the new operation, something for PVP, Quinn returning as a companion (the freaking traitor!!!), and rumor is a house on Zakuul. There's more to this update so check the link and if you're really excited, there's a boring twitch that'll happen that should help calm you down.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9266437#post9266437
  2. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

wait, what is this "first boss" of a new operation thing? are they really staging release of individual op bosses now? if so, what a crock...
  3. loosejuice

One boss at a time... op should be finished by the end of the year. I'm guessing it's a "we've made a huge mistake not making end game content" moment. They had some "focus groups" and they were pushed to do that instead of releasing a completed op at the end of the year. Really, they needed to get their shit together a while ago...
  4. Fell

I really want to get in some SWTOR time but I just can't seem to make it happen. Lately been playing Mass Effect which allows me to come and go as I please. Missing all you guys, a ton though...

Which reminds me, Eugene in April....
    loosejuice likes this.
  5. loosejuice

I hear ya. We'd love to have you swing by but once you get sucked in...

Let me know when in April and I'll see if i can make it happen!
    pea'ches likes this.
  6. loosejuice

Dulfy had permission to release a PTS vid of the boss fight

7. pea'ches

pea'ches Veteran Member

That looks like it is going to be a fun fight. Lots of adds to make things interesting.
    loosejuice likes this.
  8. loosejuice

There's a few mechanics in HM for sure! I watched a SM and it looked like almost a tank and spank with adds. I see there's stacks on the boss that build which i'm guessing is a shield and is tied to the adds somehow.

I'm hoping this will entertain us for a month or two :)
    pea'ches likes this.
  9. pea'ches

pea'ches Veteran Member

We have Xavlan to entertain us!
    loosejuice likes this.
  10. loosejuice

11. loosejuice

I have to say, it may only be one op boss but it's nice to have a new HM to start a progression!

We're still learning the mechanics but it's fun!
  12. Fell

new raid excites me, time to gear up for a backup raid spot!
    loosejuice and pea'ches like this.
  13. pea'ches

pea'ches Veteran Member

Please do! I had to call out this last week and felt like a heel because of it.