Get your update news here!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by John, Nov 3, 2010.

Get your update news here!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by John, Nov 3, 2010.

1. John

John Officer

2. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

I say someone just copies and pastes that shit into here whenever there is an update. Yes yes?
  3. John

John Officer

Well i was going to make a thread for that! Just so people know where too go
  4. Spexs

Spexs Member

November 10
    Does this mean Minecarts won't destroy the server?
  5. John

John Officer

yes
  6. Gahd

Gahd Member

Minecrafts are still a tiny bit buggy, but they work. They also seem impossible to destroy, so please don't place too many on the tracks. Tracks can start to be placed though in anticipation of completely working minecarts and will function as they are supposed to (for the most part that we've found).
  7. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

Lava will make them go bye bye.
  8. Gahd

Gahd Member

Great.... so in order to clean up minecarts, everyone will create lava pits in random places.... no, bad coj...
  9. John

John Officer

well admins could clean em up
  10. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

Sounds like entertainment. Its a deal! Heh...
  11. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

12. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

There was an update last night. I can't find anything about it. Anyone?
  13. Gahd

Gahd Member

14. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

Has anyone been in the server lately? If so have there been a lot of improvements? (Minecarts, armor, invis creatures, better performance, etc)
  15. tamgros

tamgros Veteran Member

I was in there yesterday for a bit but it was quite a bit laggy, I couldn't move around very well at times.

That, and I lost about three diamond picks because they just disappeared out of my hand (at about 3/4) No idea why that happened, but I wasn't exactly happy.

Edit: haven't tried armor or minecarts though.
  16. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

Tools just disappear? That IS not good.

I have looked on his blog but haven't seen any official statement regarding new features for beta.
  17. tamgros

tamgros Veteran Member

I've played a lot and I'm not sure if they are just disappearing or the degradation bar isn't working correctly. It looks like they fixed the bug where dropping the tools and picking them up would regenerate them.

Lag is still really bad though. Not sure if it is me, but at times I couldn't even access my bins and get the resources out of them, it would take a couple MINUTES for the menu to open. Then when I went to mine it would take a long time before the destroying of a block would actually register. I'll play a bit more tonight or tomorrow and see if it was just me having a bad connection. My internet and my friends place isn't always perfect.
  18. John

John Officer

people tell me there is lag but i don't have any and i think the did fix the tools!
  19. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

I have gotten on once or twice since the beta update, but there was so much lag that I couldn't stand to play more than a few minutes. My connection here at my parents' house isn't super fast, but it was enough to play Rift all week so it should be more than adequate for Minecraft. Once I get back to school and am on the university connection I might not notice the problem as much, but something is definitely amiss.
  20. Gahd

Gahd Member

hmod is amiss. It's the core of all the mods and is going to be updated soon, there are issues with how hmod bottlenecks what it does that end up causing alot of, if not most/all, of the lag.