Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta announced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Feb 16, 2017.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta announced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Feb 16, 2017.

1. syberghost

syberghost Social Media Manager Staff Member

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wil...-16/ghost-recon-wildlands-open-beta-announced

I am going to play the motherfucking shit out of this game.
    Bnorus, Fell and Riot like this.
  2. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Rather than start a separate event thread, i'll hope folks catch it here: Let's do an open beta gathering in game and on teamspeak. I know this time won't work for our APAC folks, but I'm not sure they're jumping on the beta anyway so stay tuned, we could either move the time or have >1 session scheduled. Based on feedback I may change it up so check back here and if necessary i'll post another thread for visibility's sake. Holler in this thread if you plan to show or have an alternate proposal for some co-op time...

Saturday Feb 25, from 1-4 pm, Pacific
    Riot and syberghost like this.
  3. Riot

Riot Veteran Member

I definitely will be coming out of the dark for this, can't wait.
    Bnorus, syberghost and Fell like this.
  4. syberghost

BTW, it appears that the PC version of this will be digital download ONLY, no physical edition at all. Plan accordingly; it's about a 50GB download.
  5. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I would not be able to make the Saturday time. Too late for me, as I would be gone to a friend's house. Now if you did like 9 am PST, I could make it, or 10 pm PST I should be able to make that one. But, early evening I'm already occupied on most Saturdays.
  6. Fell

Sorry Rhyus, lets see who else chimes in to justify either moving the time or coming up with a second session. or, you could PM me that you're organizing another session and I can add it to my OP in this thread so it's all in one place.
  7. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

I will be there! A bit later in the evening PST
  8. syberghost

Preloads are up. If you didn't delete Closed Beta, it doesn't have to download as much. I honestly don't know how much it downloaded, but the directory is now 25.7 GB.
  9. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I'm actually interested in this one. If I'm understanding right, It's like Tom Clancy's GTA with Saint's Row or Borderlands style co-op where you can just pop in and out of anyone's game?
  10. syberghost

Pretty much. Tom Clancy's Grand Theft Auto: Bolivia.
    Rhyus, HittingSmoke and Riot like this.
  11. syberghost

Beta is live.
  12. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

So, I got an email yesterday telling me about it. The subject of the email "Download the beta" or something around those words. But, there was nothing in the email to link me to the download page or to even bring up Uplay to download it. Eventually I got around to pulling up Uplay and just downloading it that way this morning. It should be good to go when I get home in about 4 hours or so.
  13. Fell

Heads up that I might not be able to make my own beta session or I might be late. I think I will just leave it scheduled, there's no special reason I have to be there to ensure that it happens. What I might do is add another session for later in the same day. I just have an aggro issue with the new woman - life of a med student is a bitch...but she goes to bed early when clinicals are the next day so my day won't be totally lost to non-gaming activity :p
  14. Riot

Riot Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    I am now prepared, because holy shit my 650 TI Boost was not going to cut it.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017 at 12:05 PM
    Rhyus and syberghost like this.
  15. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, so I got in last night and played for about 3 hours or so. I really hope they have a lot of fixes already in the pipe, because in its current state, it really would not be playable in coop mode.

Also, when I pick up a weapon from the ground, does it not unlock that weapon in my inventory?