Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta announced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Feb 16, 2017.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta announced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

that is also my birthday weekend, will be hard to get away from the woman, I'm more likely to be on sunday than Saturday, she'll be at clinicals, i'll be in boxers and beer and whatever the fuck else I want lol
  2. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Now if I can just find the money to get this game while it is still in pre-order.
    syberghost likes this.
  3. syberghost

syberghost Social Media Manager Staff Member

PVP CONFIRMED AS FREE UPDATE POST LAUNCH.

Also, details about the DLC expansions.

HittingSmoke and Fell like this.
  4. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

Wow. I've got to admit that I was on the fence about buying this game and had some slight regrets about pre-ordering the Gold. I feel much better about that now.
    syberghost and Bnorus like this.
  5. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

+1
    syberghost likes this.
  6. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

7. Fell

what's it under? I searched aoa and all out assault...no joy
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 5, 2017 ---
    not that I plan to play until they fix the controller issue
  8. syberghost

Sent you an invitation, just go to the site and log in and you should see it in your invitations.
  9. Fell

Got it thanks. I see now the clan is private, maybe that's why it didn't come up in search
  10. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

They really need to fix a lot of stuff with this game. The controls for flying, whether it be plane or helicopter, is just maddening. When I go forward in the helicopter, using shift and forward, it dives. If I let up on the shift, it will rear itself up and practically stop. So, unless I'm diving in it, it is very hard to get it to fly fast. And I don't even want to get into flying the plane. I did one plane mission like 5 times before I finally got it to land close enough to the destination to make it count.

And then there is the damage for cars/trucks/jeeps/etc. They are way too sensitive on damage, especially light damage done to them if you side swipe a vehicle or rock. I mean, I lightly tapped a rock and the entire front end and front fender on the side was completely smashed. They also need to tone down the sighting of your character. I mean, I'm in a plane, a thousand or so feet up and there is no air within sight and some how, they spot me from the ground and launch a missile.

I have all of this in like my last two sessions that I've done streaming on Twitch, which I've also uploaded them as well. You can find me as RealRhyus on there. On the last video I did, the first trip in a plane can be seen around the 17 minute mark.
  11. HittingSmoke

The controls absolutely do suck, but you're doing it wrong. You don't let up on shift after you dive. You let go of W. Then you will fly forward level at max speed.

Planes are better than helicopters. Not perfect, but the controls make much more sense. Landing is easy. Just need to line up and slow down.

They must be using this hot new fringe technology called radar. Not exactly difficult to spot a low-flying Cessna that's making a shit ton of noise either way.

The idea is if you must fly over SAM sites is you learn to dodge the missiles. It's incredibly easy, especially in planes.
  12. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

The controls for the planes are simple, however, they are very sensitive, at least mine is. If you watch at least my last video on Twitch, you will see what I mean. How do you slow down???

So, sure, radar is cool and all, but, how do they know it isn't one of their own? I mean, I see things flying all around and I seem to be the only thing targeted. The game isn't that smart that it has set up "schedules" for flights like would be in the real world. And yes, it currently is REAL easy to dodge a missile in a plane. Not so easy in a helicopter.

Also, another thing I've been wondering. Each territory has a percentage of how destabilized it is. Are you suppose to go through each territory and take it to 100%, or what is the key to that? Also, how would you raise it up, just keep going around and killing the cartel goons?? I mean, they don't go away. You kill them in one location and like an hour later, or the next time you log back in, they are right back where they were. I mean, I like the way they did it in Division, where you cleared out a section of New York and they mostly stayed gone. Just a few appeared from time to time or the group with the boss in them appeared. Not like you go a block and have like 10 groups of goons before it was cleared out.
  13. syberghost

Whether you take each territory to 100% first, or plow through two if them directly to El Sueno, is up to you. It's an open world game, there are multiple paths to victory.

People return to the places you clean out because it's a big cartel doing billions of dollars worth of business; they don't shut down a location just because you killed everybody, they bring in new recruits or transfer people from Mexico. In fact if you spend long enough in some spots, it'll happen while you're there; a few people will respawn, or reinforcements will stick around and take over the walking paths. Generally unless Rebels show up and take the place over, Santa Blanca are coming back to it very soon; and if Rebels DO take it over, once you fast travel or die and respawn, they'll wander off and Santa Blanca will come back.

No place stays empty in Division, either; it's just a much smaller map, and maintains state for the entire map instead of zoning out chunks. The only persistence in Division is base upgrades and unlocking safehouses. But they're two very different kinds of games, you can't really compare them, other than they use modern weapons and tactics. And I walk around with an SHD patch on my gear in Wildlands.

The Division gun in Wildlands is awful, though; and the outfit is a full costume, you can't use the pieces separately. :(
  14. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

See, that is what I expected to happen. You take out a major location or even a small one and the rebels come in and take it over and STAY there. Maybe that happens when the percentage gets higher, I don't know. I only have the first location at like 27% and the second location is like 12%. But, I am seeing a LOT more rebels just driving around in vehicles, but never seem to be combating the cartel or the unidad when they drive by one of the locations. The only time I've seen it happen is when I'm at a location fighting and then they drive by.

As for Division, I wasn't necessarily comparing the two games. I was saying that in Division, after I cleared out one of the sectors, that the population of the goons diminished a great deal. And after I cleared out all sectors, they dropped even more significantly. I mean, right now, if I get into the game and start running around, it will take a good amount of time to find a random encounter (not a set one). However, when I first started the game, you couldn't run half a block without getting shot at by a group of goons. At the current stage of my game of Division outside the Dark Zone, there is very minor random groups, the group for your supply drop, the major encounters that you have to start to activate and the bosses that have set locations. That is what I was thinking was going to happen in Wildlands, that once you killed the boss(es) of that sector, that the number of cartel goons would drop and many of the locations would be occupied by the Rebels.
  15. syberghost

The Rebels and Santa Blanca don't start shit with each other unless you provoke them. If Rebels are driving be and they see you with guns out, they'll generally stop and get out too; if they see you in a fight, they'll join in.

If you shoot some Santa Blanca who are near some Rebels, and the SB can't see you, they'll often attack the Rebels; regardless, the moment they start shooting, any Rebels who see them will fire back.

One of my favorite passtimes is to start three-way shit between SB, Unidad, and the Rebels, then hide in the bushes and watch it go down. Unidad tends to escalate though, so make sure you're near an ammo dump when you invite them into the fun.
    AndyCapp and Rhyus like this.
  16. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

I never ended up buying this game, I guess I am just gonna wait until it is on some kinda crazy ass sale. You guys play it much still? Or what is everybody playing?
  17. HittingSmoke

I jump in very rarely. The game is incredibly shallow. Poorly written dialog poorly voice acted. After you've assaulted every type of base and gotten in every kind of fight you can, it reaches a level of boredom that you get when you start driving around in GTA obeying all the traffic laws.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  18. syberghost

I'm kind of obsessed with XCom 2 currently.
    AndyCapp likes this.