Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Discussion in 'First Person Shooter' started by zenix, Jan 25, 2017.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Discussion in 'First Person Shooter' started by zenix, Jan 25, 2017.

1. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

Anyone interested in this? It looks like an mmo-ish FPS with co-op missions.

Bnorus likes this.
  2. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Wildlands. Yes, I'm signed up for Beta and hoping to get in soon.

Note that it's going to launched without PvP; PvP will be added later once the PvE and co-op is stable.

Here's a single player walkthrough:

3. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

I've always liked Ghost Recon, i'll check the vids out later, I might be convinced to sign up for anything that gets me into beta
  4. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

Count me in! I've been waiting for this since annouced, awesome customization and open world. It's Far Cry combined with Division so yes!
    syberghost likes this.
  5. Fell

I dropped my bucks, I'm in.
  6. syberghost

Anybody get notified for beta yet?

Evidently they're giving friend codes too. Everybody should find out today if they're in.

You can go into your Uplay account management, and there's a "Beta Access" section. If it doesn't show there yet, you probably aren't in this first wave. I appear to not be.
  7. Fell

well, i preordered, gotta believe beta is included but haven't checked. off work today i'll give it a try in a bit...
  8. syberghost

Stop preordering games.
  9. Fell

yes mom...
    syberghost likes this.
  10. syberghost

Beta email received, downloading, will be trying it out this weekend.

If you want to watch it streamed, my recommendations are:

Streamerhouse - they take this kind of game so seriously, InigoMont0ya is cosplaying his character.
    Theonemanny - he is terrible at games and not taking it at all seriously, telling all his viewers he's playing "The Division 2". Also he's a dog.
    Rhyus likes this.
  11. syberghost

Yep, yep yep yep; absolutely buying this game. Yep.
  12. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Anybody have any buddy codes?
  13. syberghost

They don't give codes, you have to invite people, and it's not letting me, not sure why. I'll keep trying though.

A new thing they have as part of this is Ghost Recon Network, which lets you form clans. I've created an AoA clan and invited a bunch of you who are on my friends list.
  14. Fell

hmmm, i guess from TCTD i'm on your friends list? i need to go check uplay unless u can confirm. I registered for the beta but no email as yet. it's Feb 3-7 isn't it??
  15. syberghost

Yes, and yes.
  16. syberghost

So right now I'm watching StreamerHouse practice 1.2 kilometer shots by the following method:

One person goes up to the top of a mountain, two others fast travel to him. Another goes down to a cartel outpost near a known intersection, kills everybody but one, and captures that guy. He takes his captive down to the intersection and holds a gun to his head. The folks on the mountain shoot, and the guy with the captive gives them forward observer corrections.

A car ran over them, killing them both. This game man.
    Rhyus likes this.
  17. syberghost

Zeke got a 1336 meter shot, so they're trying to get a 1337.
    Rhyus likes this.
  18. syberghost

So here's how that ended up; due to ballistic arcs it was hard to get exactly 1337, Zeke ended up accidentally getting 1340.

Beta is over, but this "longest shot" stuff is gonna be a thing when the game launches.

I spent three days playing my typical weekend amounts, and didn't finish the quests in the one district they unlocked for beta. There are 21 districts at launch. This game is going to have a lot of content. Some of it is repeatable, and those give you a LOT of materials for the XP unlocks, so they're worth repeating.

Gonna be a lot to do. Well worth $60.
  19. Fell

thanks for the review, looking forward to this title with a new build running. assume the clan will be wiped before launch so we ought to plan on getting ours reserved day 1
  20. syberghost

The clan is a Ghost Recon Network thing, across multiple games, so I believe we're good.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 6, 2017 ---
    Nope, I was wrong, it wiped.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2017 ---
    I think it doesn't like it because I don't own any of the games, so it won't let me create the task force again now that the only game I was in has ended beta.

Fell, if you own the game, or any Ghost Recon game, you might be able to create it at https://www.ghostreconnetwork.com