Giving away the REX.

Discussion in 'Rift: Planes of Telara Officers' started by Vico, Jun 26, 2013.

Giving away the REX.

Discussion in 'Rift: Planes of Telara Officers' started by Vico, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Vico

Vico Division Leader

Last I checked Beroes still had some REX to be used in guild activities. Since Rift is geared for end-game guild content, I'd like to drum up some lower level activity.

I think I will pick a random night this week or weekend to do a hide and seek event. Basically, I'll go plant myself somewhere in Mathosia and give out clues in guild chat as to my location. First one to find me and slap me wins a REX.

Then maybe we'll follow that up by a jumping contest into Teeheehee's chimney, or perhaps a puzzle race in Blue's dimension.

These are just some starting ideas, but I'd love to have more in depth games if possible. Any ideas?
  2. Austok

Austok Division Leader

I like the hide and seek idea, it can be a fun game. The junping contest for Tee's chimney would also be a good one and would bring people into our dimension.

I was also thinking of a footrace through mathosia from sanctum to shimmersand with check points people would have to go through. Have everyone mentor down to a set level and have everyone run (eliminates mount speed bonuses). First person to go through all the check points and reach fortune shore wins.
  3. Awlbiste

Awlbiste Veteran Member

Does the patron 10% speed work for mounted only or all movement? I can't remember but if so, maybe you could do two races, one patron and one not, for fairness sake.

Fuck you, Smoke. From my TippyTap device.
  4. Austok

Austok Division Leader

I was under the impression that it was only mounted speed which was affected. But having two separate races may be a good idea.
  5. Vico

Vico Division Leader

Ooo I like the idea of the foot race! There are so many factors that affect runspeed (patron [maybe], planar attunement, class abilities, racial abilities, etc.) that it'd be difficult to make it a truly level playing field. Therefore perhaps we should split it into 1-49, and 50-60. We could also allow people to use anything short of mounting and teleports to get around.

Just my 2 cents on the idea. Could be a lot of fun.
  6. Austok

Austok Division Leader

That's what I was thinking; anything short of mounting or teleporting
  7. Vico

Vico Division Leader

So Beroes has disposed of his Rex already, I think we took too long getting back to him or something.

Nonetheless, I like the idea of some spontaneous activities, along with the planned ones.

I think I'm going to spend some cash periodically to buy things like Rex for prizes. If we decide to have runner up prizes, I'll either find some cool stuff in the cash shop or Mike I might come to you for some of that swag you've been holding on to.

Going to postpone the hide n seek until next week likely, mainly due to game time issues.

Also, would like some help scouting out some good checkpoints for the race.

FINALLY, should we disqualify Rift officers from winning prizes? My thoughts are yes, disqualify them. Though I wouldn't disqualify other AoA officers from the prizes (eg, Awlbiste would still qualify).
  8. Austok

Austok Division Leader

I have one REX from Occy.

I think we should disqualify Rift officers. Rift officers will likely be needed to act as waypoint or officials for the activities.

I say we try to do something impromptu this weekend. May be can through a foot race together or a game of hide and seek.
  9. Awlbiste

Awlbiste Veteran Member

You should disqualify me, it wouldn't feel right. I'll still take part in some way, though.

[strike]I have 8 more hours of play for the Raptr turtle mount code[/strike] Turtle mount code has been obtained, I already have it thanks to Ikagawa, could throw that in as a runner up prize.

Fuck you, Smoke. From my TippyTap device.
  10. Vico

Vico Division Leader

So I ran a quick hide n seek last night. It was fun but too quick hahah. Gave away a 1st place prize of 1 Rex to Jeyson, 2d place prize of a mount of their choice to Dyhazid, and a 3d place prize of a transfiguration bauble to Doug.

I went to one of my favorite locations (the high tree house in Gloamwood) because I figured that zone would allow almost any level to find me. Need a better spot next time because it took less than 5 mins to be found.

So, keep in mind, as Awl and others noted, the guild info lists the zone you're in. And the hiding spot needs to be a bit trickier to find.

But it was a fun and fast impromptu event.

Next up, let's plan the race!

I teased it in guild chat.
  11. Tigress

Tigress Officer

Did another hide and seek last night. Winners and prizes were as follows:

Halp - 1st place - 1 Rex
    Celestius - 2nd place - gift of choice up to 750 Credits
    Mizu... (I'll edit with full name once I can remember it LOL) - 3rd place - gift of choice up to 500 credits.

Carson, I'd suggest we sticky this or keep a stickied master list so we know recent winners. Want to give everyone a chance at winning.
  12. Austok

Austok Division Leader

Thread is now stickied
  13. Tigress

Tigress Officer

Thanks! And my hiding spot was better because it was more difficult to get to (on top of the mountains in Silverwood near the Cannons firing into Moonshade). It was GREAT and we probably had about 15 people in Silverwood at one point lookin' for me.
  14. Omnifox

Omnifox Cylon - Toaster Model Staff Member

I was far to busy getting drunk in the guild tavern.

Side note, it is great to see that level of partucipation on even a holiday weekend. Kudos.
  15. Austok

Austok Division Leader

I will try to host one this week. I alredy have my spot picked out.
  16. Austok

Austok Division Leader

Yeah we are averaging a good amount of people most of the time now, and our TS activity is growing nicely outside of raid times.
  17. Tigress

Tigress Officer

I put a box of fireworks in the guild bank. Figured we could use that as a prize for something so feel free to nab it.
  18. Tigress

Tigress Officer

If we want to do the footrace and want my help the next 8 days would be a good time to do it since I'm on vacation and can actually help on days other than Fri/Sat.
  19. Vico

Vico Division Leader

I'd love to see this happen this week. What night are most people going to be on?
  20. Austok

Austok Division Leader

I'm around tonight and then I won't be back till late Sunday.