Hell has frozen over

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by syberghost, Jan 9, 2017.

Hell has frozen over

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by syberghost, Jan 9, 2017.

1. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

I am thinking about playing this game.

Is AoA in it a thing anymore?
  2. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

Last I recall Coj/Austok had the reigns but that was years ago.

Also, why?
  3. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I actually installed this a few weeks ago for the first time and I just really couldn't get 30 minutes in. The graphics actually felt dated compared to the first Guild Wars. Whole thing felt clunky.
  4. syberghost

Daybreak has pissed me off so much that it's time to start being mad at them, and I only have brainspace for one mad at a time. Also Arenanet have distanced themselves from NCSoft.
  5. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

How so? I mean they are kind of left to their own devices but I haven't heard anything new out of ANet since the CoT expansion, which I didn't even bother with.
  6. syberghost

If you go to NCSoft's page and click on their list of games, it's not even on the list, nor does it show up under your Account settings. If you click on support it's listed under their games, but if you click on it, you go to a web page that has Arenanet's logo where NCSoft usually keeps theirs and doesn't match current NCSoft web style. etc.

I don't know how long it's been like that, I just know it wasn't in the beginning. I'm told that NCSoft's current relationship with them is more like a silent partner than an owner, although legally they are still the owners.
  7. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Wow, time flies you guys. This game came out a lot longer "ago" than I realized. I never played it, I always wanted to! I guess that is the problem with "too many games", is that you don't have enough time for them all, and stuff slips through the cracks. I really liked the idea of being able to modify your party's attacks with your own, like wall of fire + arrows = flaming arrows. Not sure how well the mechanics all played out though.

A year later since this thread was touched, anybody playing, is it better, or should I go mess around in WoW some more, or SWTOR perhaps?
  8. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I tried to get into GW2 but didn't make it past the starting area.

I tried to play SW:TOR last year but it really hasn't improved at all as an MMO since launch. It's still a single-player RPG trying to nickel-and-dime you for stupid bullshit like hotbars. The only improvement I can mention is that the XP was increased enough for you to level almost entirely on core storyline missions.

I subbed back to WoW and while back but I really couldn't get into Pandaland. It was awful and I'm sick of the gold sink that is flight skills for every new area. I hear you can easily skip zones now so I've been thinking about getting back in for the new expansion and just skipping the Panda weeb zone. Omni and I have tentative plans to get into Vanilla WoW if and when the official servers ever launch.

I've been playing a bit of Aion for the first time since the Free To Play model is actually really great. There's a big update coming soon that totally revamps the game apparently. I don't know how long I'm going to stick with it though. It's okay, but there's a lot of annoying shit about it so far.

Other than that I'm just waiting for Star Citizen to be a game.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  9. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

I dig it, if you can't make it past the starting zone, it is gonna be a bad time. Also, Aion, that is a name I have not heard in a long long time, I enjoyed it but did not make that much progress if I remember. And yes, Star Citizen, if it could go ahead and be a game it would be GREAT (office space style).