IRC Info - Guild meeting place.

Discussion in 'Guild News' started by glow, Oct 30, 2007.

IRC Info - Guild meeting place.

Discussion in 'Guild News' started by glow, Oct 30, 2007.

1. glow

glow AoA Emeritus

I know a lot of you have no idea what IRC is so this post is meant to enlighten some of you. IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat and was the first chat tool, of wide spread popularity, on the internet. AoA uses this to conduct meetings and act as a general gathering place for members. Some key features include:

- When everyone leaves IRC open all the time it allows you to easily leave messages for others that they can respond to once they return

- Easily see and interact with an unlimited ammount of AoA members, from all different games, not just your current game, at any time

- Provides the perfect place for meetings, operators can lock it down so no one can talk, the meeting can then commence, it can be opened up at the end for questions. Durring the meeting people can private message the meeting host with questions which the meeting host can answer in the channel for all to see. Log files are automatically generated and can be posted on the Forums for those who missed the meeting.

- The program is free if you use our installer, it takes almost no bandwidth, and you can leave it running in the background as long as your computer is turned on (for some of us that is 24/7).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the info:

To get to our irc channel, use your favorite IRC client or you can download and install ours

http://www.alloutassault.net/downloads/AoA_IRC_Client_v1.6.exe Install password is Voltron (it is case sensitive)

If you use our IRC client then it should automatically dump you in our channel when you open it up, if you use your own, go to this location:

irc.gamesurge.net
    #clan_aoa

[attachment=0:f3891]AoA_IRC_Client_v1.6.exe[/attachment:f3891]

You can also run it through our website at the following link:
    http://www.alloutassault.net/index2.php ... &Itemid=84

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a feature that we would really like to see more people use, it is a great way to build up camaraderie within the guild between all divisions. If you have any questions on how to set this up just let us know and we will get you squared away in no time.

Attached Files:

2. Ragter

Ragter AoA Emeritus

hook me up with a good mac client and i'll be in there 24/7.
  3. Wstar

Wstar Veteran Member

I just use Ircle and cracked it after the trail ran out.
  4. Ragter

Ragter AoA Emeritus

may i have the crack? ;p
  5. oleum

oleum Officer

snak is better, but I bought it so don't have no crack :( Bet there is one though if you look on torrent. Try searching "serial box" on btjunkie.org.
  6. Wstar

Wstar Veteran Member

aye Snak is better, but I couldn't find a crack. But I didn't look very hard. I just found a serial for Ircle, so thats what im using.
  7. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

I am going to give Pidgin a try. Was recommended to me by a few others. Will allow me to stay connected to IRC as well as gmail and msn/live. Installing it now, will let you know what I think. Looks pretty good...

http://www.pidgin.im/
  8. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Well, Pidgin is working perfectly! Now I have one stop shopping for all my accounts.

Just remember - I might not be looking at the chat window even if it shows me logged in. I have it set up so if you type my alias (allomein) it will notify me.

Edit: OMG this thing is amazing. I was able to configure it so everything goes in a tabbed chat window that is transparent when I am not using it that I can place above my in-game chat windows. Instant multi-game chat!

Yes, I am a chat tool noob...so welcome me to the wonderful world of tools other than MSN.
  9. glow

glow AoA Emeritus

You are so cute allomein!
  10. Wstar

Wstar Veteran Member

lol
  11. Alderon

Alderon Veteran Member

just cause your the clan leader, doesnt mean you have to make us feel like pieces of meat Glow.

STOP HITTING ON ALLO!!!
  12. glow

glow AoA Emeritus

Look, IF you were lucky enough to grab my attention it would be an honor and a privilege for you! ;)
  13. Overmind

Overmind Veteran Member

hmm... thanks for the update Allomein, I'm going to give that app a try.
  14. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

To get all the good stuff working for Pidgin, go to the plugins section. It comes with a ton of them but they are not activated by default.

Hey - I just was amazed by what I could do with that app...been living in an IM cave I guess :D
  15. oleum

oleum Officer

I'll look into this too , be nice having chat over POTBS instead of using the 4 screens I have right now...