Kotaku post on Aion 1.5

Discussion in 'Aion' started by Awlbiste, Aug 19, 2009.

Kotaku post on Aion 1.5

Discussion in 'Aion' started by Awlbiste, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Awlbiste

Awlbiste Veteran Member

I'm sure some/most of you have seen this already but this is a pretty good article from Kotaku with some info about the release version 1.5: http://kotaku.com/5340296/aion-version-15-impressions--what-ncsoft-learned-in-a-year

Looking forward to trying out a few of those 20+ level instances and new character creation options. Oh and this quote:

2. Bakuryu

Bakuryu Member

That's good that they are adding tutorials and such when you create a new character. One thing I thought this game was lacking, and ultimately what would stop someone from playing Aion, was that the starting of the game wasn't particularly engaging.
  3. haryel

haryel Member

I really hope that in 1.5 theres at least one decent quest per lvl cuz from what i seen on the CBTs, lvl 17 onwards its a pain...and it gets even worse after that.
  4. Awlbiste

Awlbiste Veteran Member

Rehevkor and I spent a good amount of time grouping up and killing the elite Mau outside Altgard. But once it was time to move on to Morheim around 19 there weren't a ton of quests to do, besides +3 level mob quests.
  5. haryel

haryel Member

Exactly. Elite maus you need a party 100%, you can't solo those, that's good in my view but some people will whine and cry about this.
    20-25 well...let's just say its "grindy"
  6. Jaguarjp

Jaguarjp Veteran Member

Well, "grindy" might be a great thing down at the local Gentleman's club, but it's not what I'm looking for when I log into Aion. Coming from EQ2, I guess I'm a bit spoiled, because there were always more quests than I could do, and I did a lot of quests. I never once felt I had to park somewhere and kill mobs for leveling experience.

I had heard that over 1000 quests were added in 1.5. That should help, right?
  7. haryel

haryel Member

I'm pro-quests...even if they dont give much exp, even if you have to grind to complete it.
    Having an objective to kill a lot of the same monsters its not so bad, even the "Deliver item X to person Y" is fine too.
  8. Jess

Jess Veteran Member

Read all the patch notes guys! In 1.5 they added 250 quests.
  9. Jaguarjp

Jaguarjp Veteran Member

Wow. I even read the patch notes (granted, it was several days ago when they were first mentioned here) yet somehow I've converted 250 to 1000.

Excuse me while I go slap myself...
  10. Jaguarjp

Jaguarjp Veteran Member

11. KaotikCerenity

KaotikCerenity Veteran Member

i don't mind grinding sometimes but i play a class that's a little more solo friendly than others, and well Jinx's potions help a lot. Grinding sometimes gives you more xp per hour than quests do, and some quests are just plain dumb and not worth the time. Elchonogo will back me up on this (frightcorn anyone?). Grinding mobs for an hour or two also allows you to pick up more items to sell. In beta i managed to pick up a pair of level 20ish blue cloth gloves, crap loads of recipes, manastones, and gear which i sold that gave me about 300k kinah all within a couple of hours. But i agree it should be more of an option of whether or not you want to grind or do quests (and not just the low xp giving repeatable kind).
  12. haryel

haryel Member

But dont you get tired at all Cerene? Like killing the same stuff, same combos, same thing same thing...of course im not denying the rewards but if you grind too much you get tired more easily, at least thats my case.
  13. Jess

Jess Veteran Member

Some people like to grind, others dont. That is why I like Aion, because you have a choice between doing the two.

I spent 5 years playing lineage 2, so I am conditioned to grind grind grind, pvp pvp pvp, grind grind grind.
    Too me the "kill this and run here and run there" is boring compared to the efficiency of staying in 1 spot and continuously killing. I remember back in my hardcore l2 days staying in 1 spot grinding for 12 hours straight for my 3rd class change >< (bathroom breaks of course) But to each his own!
  14. Jess

Jess Veteran Member

Oh well my math skills suck, maybe I read it wrong :)
  15. relt

relt Veteran Member

I don't mind grinding mobs for a while as long as I am getting something good out of it, whether items, xp or both. Sometimes it is nice to break up the running for quests.
  16. Jaguarjp

Jaguarjp Veteran Member

No, I'm sure your math skills are sufficient. You probably read it right... I probably read it right, too... I then simply remembered it wrong. :)