Leadership

Discussion in 'Star Trek Online' started by Rhyus, Sep 21, 2017.

Leadership

Discussion in 'Star Trek Online' started by Rhyus, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Hey all. I've been playing the game daily and have not seen anybody come online and do anything. The tasks for the starbase had basically ran out and I had no way of changing them, nor getting someone to change them. The leadership had been out for months. But, the game does allow for higher ranking members, when the leadership is absent for so long, to take command of the fleet. So, because I found no other way of getting stuff done, I took leadership of the fleet and have been slowly getting starbase and other holdings raised, little by little. If the actual leadership wants to return and take back over the fleet, I'll happily turn it back over to whomever that would be. But, please, if you do take it back over, please log in at least once a week to set up new tasks if old ones have been completed.

I've been trying to get the starbase up to level 3, but I need a lot of dilithium (like about 200k more) to finish the current task and then open up the task for it, which will probably need another 400k dilithium.
    AndyCapp and syberghost like this.
  2. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Sounds to me like you're it bro...
    AndyCapp likes this.
  3. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Seconded :) I never played Star Trek, but you sound like you are kickin' its ass!
  4. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

It is hard with just one person playing the game. I'm fine when it comes to everything but the Fleet stuff. Dilithium is not easy to come by, especially when you need hundreds of thousands of them for just one upgrade.
  5. Fell

Welp, leaders recruit other players, or make sure they have officers to handle recruiting...
    AndyCapp and Rhyus like this.
  6. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Good call man! Become the Hero that you need! Like me, I have about got a squad filled out in WoW all on my own. Bribery can get you some places lol!
    Rhyus likes this.
  7. Fell

LOL. but seriously, it's your clan Rhyus, you should feel free to recruit, both among your brethren here and abroad. I don't know the status of the guild/clan or whatever construct STO has, but I've got to believe at this long in the game you have some established perks and so forth built out. That's not a bad thing to advertise on whatever forums are relevant to see if you can find some interested players. It won't be easy for an old title but there are die hards out there like you. I'm happy to talk with you and give you some pointers how to get it done.

Be the change you want to see.... so says Ghandi anyway...
    Rhyus and AndyCapp like this.
  8. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

I'm in busy mode right now but maybe I'll pop back onto STO at some point - happy to know you are manning the fort! Thanks Rhyus.
    AndyCapp and Rhyus like this.
  9. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

They have done a lot of additions to the game. They added a forth "faction". They have added another base holding, Starbase 13, I believe it is called. They are going to be adding another base holding with the next major patch. They have been doing a LOT of sales on items. A month or so ago they did half off Temporal packs. I picked up like 15 or so ships for about $70 or so, many of them Tier 6 ships. They added Ferengi to the Admiralty missions. These can get you 25,000 gold pressed latinum for just one mission. LeVar Burton has joined the cast. They are adding another Specialization track called "Miracle Worker". This weekend they are putting up the Kobayashi Maru PVE mission for everybody to play. I believe it is a 5 person team up to face continuous waves of ships. You will be able to get the Galaxy interior now to put onto your Federation ships. And a lot of other stuff.