Lions Arch donation vendor

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Collard, Feb 1, 2013.

Lions Arch donation vendor

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Collard, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Collard

Collard Veteran Member

Not sure how many folks have tried or thought about the donation collector in Lions Arch but there are some interesting items on the vendor.

Since they put the vendor in, which was i believe after the invasion of lions arch by the Karka, i never really paid attention to it or what it entailed. A couple days ago, i figured i would try it out and see what it was all about.

Disclaimer: I've only donated weapons, so not sure on crafting materials or food.

The mystic forge vendor will sell a donation box for a silver or so (2nd tab). In the mystic forge, combine the box and three green weapons and you will get a number of commendations (higher level items, the more commendations). I think i got up to 12 commendations for 3 green 70-80 weapons. I bought those weapons on the market at what was the least expensive. I think i spent maybe 1s 35c for each.

The donation vendor is in the main square south of the mystic forge. She sells some space-saving items for salvaging and gathering. (a 250count salvage kit and a 250count gathering item of each level all the way up to oriculum (sp) ). Helped me since i normally carry 2 or 3 sets of each gathering tool in my bags as backups.

If you like the Lion's arch weapon skins sold by the weapons karma vendor, the donation vendor also sells these skins in rare 40, 60, 80 and exotic 80. They all have Karka slaying sigils on the weapons.
  2. Gahd

Gahd Member

Yeah, if you are just hitting max level, these can be one of the easiest weapons to grab. I did this by buying a few things off the AH and getting enough for the harpoon or something, one of my water weapons. Was useful for a bit till I got a drop that replaced it.
  3. kuroiwashi

kuroiwashi Veteran Member

what is a karka? How many commendation are the items?
  4. Collard

Collard Veteran Member

Karka are the mobs on the level 80 island in the sea of sorrow.

Prices range from 25 - 1,300 commendations.
  5. Gahd

Gahd Member

The karka buff is meh, and I'd say replace it. It's more the stats of the items are good for a cheap way to get them. If you save up some items in a bag and just keep throwing them in time to time... basically a free weapon.