Mustang Variants?

Discussion in 'Star Citizen' started by Arcfire, Oct 16, 2014.

Mustang Variants?

Discussion in 'Star Citizen' started by Arcfire, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

Mustang Living Quarters.jpg
    Mustang Living Quarters 2.jpg
    I have been asking around lately to see what people thought of having a living quarters cubicle fit into the cargo fork of the Mustang. Looks like I'll get my wish! Those containers are pretty spacious I guess.

What other variants do you guys think we might see?
  2. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

I want stealth recon variants of all the things. It's time to get back to the roots of my handle, which came from risk-averse, long-range-strike-from-stealth gameplay preference. Like the time I took out nearly an entire squadron on the ground while they were taking off, with AMRAAMs starting at max range, in Strike Commander. :)

At some point we'll see that in SOME fighter; most real-world fighters have a variant for recon that replaces some weapon with a camera and sensors, although nowadays the damn cameras are so small and hold so much high-quality data that you don't even need to cripple the armaments. CIG should still do so, though, for balance. Mustang's as good a choice as any I guess, not being completely up on the lore like some of you folks are.
  3. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

As far as I have seen, stealth in SC is all about signature reduction, rather than any specific cloaking technology. For recon it will be the flip side, better sensors for more accurate target sniffing. I know there are both stealth and recon versions of the hornet already announced, and I would assume that any other hulls with those variants would probably have military backgrounds. Most of the ships we have seen have civilian backgrounds, including the Mustang, but who knows.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/anvil-hornet/F7C-S-Hornet-Ghost
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/anvil-hornet/F7C-R-Hornet-Tracker

I guess you could pull out the Tracker's sensor array and slot it into the Ghost's hull if you wanted a compromise between stealth and recon. I think you give up the EM reduction item that the Ghost has to do so though.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  4. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Bleargh. I'd buy that Ghost right now if it wasn't $125. I'll wait and earn it in game.
  5. stat

stat Division Leader

I actually saw a list of the Mustang variants somewhere.

I'm going from memory here, inaccuracy is highly probable.

Mustang Alpha - Base Model
    Mustang Beta - Exploration Model
    Mustang Gamma - Racing Model
    Mustang Delta - Combat Model

Mustang Omega - AMD Racing Model (Promo only)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 17, 2014 ---
    Ah, it was a post in the Subscriber den.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2014 ---
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pictures above:

Alpha
    Beta
    Delta
    Gamma
  6. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Not a bad looking ship, wonder how well the combat version will stack up against the Super hornet in game. As i understood it, mustangs were the workhorses of the fleet and Hornets (or at least the super hornet) have a tad more firepower? guess i could go check the stats pages, but those won't really tell much anyway until people really fly PvP matches head to head.
  7. Morgis

Morgis Officer

Well after going round and round with AMD for a week and a half, I now have a Mustang Omega in my hanger, and I must say it looks sweet. If I can get this damned screen shot to work I will post a pick of it, all I get when I try and screen cap I get a big black screen, will mess with it more.
    Cirsphe likes this.
  8. Signal Warden

Signal Warden Officer

I also have an Omega (traded a Dunny for it...) and I honestly think it's the nicest looking of all of them.