Need some help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhyus, Aug 30, 2018.

Need some help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhyus, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Hey all. I've been gone for awhile and the pictures I will be posting will give you the reason I've been gone for so long. If you didn't know, I had to move from my old place, which I lived by myself and had an entire room for just my computer and gaming stuff. Now, I am scrunched into a single room that just barely fits my bed and two dressers. I'm hoping the picture I uploaded worked and it will be seen on this post.

[​IMG]
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BnGHjXZgmsg/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

;So, hoping it can be seen, I really don't have much of a setup now for playing computer games, especially high end games like Division and Ghost Recon Wildlands or any other FPS game. Hell, I can't really play STO right now. About the only thing I can play is turned based games that just use the mouse, like Battletech. So, what I need is a way to turn what I have into something that can be useful for the high end games, especially since I just saw the in-game footage of Cyberpunk 2077 (more on that in another post). So, what I was thinking is to maybe get a bean bag or one of those X Rocker chairs and set it in the middle of my bed. That will at least get me into a comfortable sitting position in front of the monitor. Then, I need something that can steadily hold my wired keyboard and wired mouse. It would be great if I could find some kind of tray that attaches to my bed and can just swing in and out when it's needed. I'm also in need of getting an actual cable modem/router, as I've found out that my roommate's wireless just plain sucks. Webpages I travel too will constantly get disconnected and reconnected and it tends to take 10 times longer to do something that it use too at my old place. I'll probably also need a good headphones and mic (probably go with wireless for that). Anything else you can think of that could help me out would be great. But, please, give my your opinions about what I suggested I was looking at getting or give me your own choices. But, remember, I have to put it on my bed and sit there, as I have no other room to have a real chair or anything else like that in the room.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

WOW! Is there no one even here anymore? I thought I would have gotten at least one response from HittingSmoke or syberghost or even Fell, but nobody.
  3. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

I honestly had no advice to offer. If you can't change your location or furniture, i don't see an option. Well ok, now that you challenged me, maybe one. The only way i've seen people deal with this serious lack of real estate is to "loft" their bed. get the bed closer to the ceiling so you can sit and work under it. College dorm style...
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 5, 2018, Original Post Date: Sep 5, 2018 ---
    and, fyi, most folks are chatting on Discord these days, albeit infrequently there as well.
  4. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Oh, ok. Didn't know that. Well, I have been away for a few months.

As for the loft, yea, I had some other people give me that idea as well and gave me some pictures of the Ikea, but, with my heavy weight, I might go falling through it or the legs might not hold me. Plus, I don't think I'd be comfortable with being that high.
  5. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Well in theory you only have to get it high enough to clear the top of a monitor on a desk but that height may still go beyond your comfort zone. If you did lower it to the lowest possible height I’d be careful to make sure you have adequate ventilation around the electronics in your cubby under the bed.