PC Video Graphics question- RIFT Game

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by Fearnada, Dec 2, 2013.

PC Video Graphics question- RIFT Game

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by Fearnada, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Fearnada

Fearnada Veteran Member

I am looking to replace a mobo/cpu in my daughter's pc. I am trying to do it with as little expense as possible, and have a question. (LAN no longer works on current one)

Will any of the AMD A-Series APU Processors provide enough performance with their integrated graphics to run Rift? It doesn't have to be at the highest settings, just looking to be able to play the game.

A4= Radeon HD 7480D
    A6= Radeon HD 7540D
    A8= Radeon HD 7560D
    A10= Radeon HD 7660D

I have seen some decent mobo/cpu combo prices out there, just need to know if I should look past these or not as an option. I know I will need to update my RAM for the new mobo, and plan on installing at least 8GB.
  2. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

3. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

You should be able to play Rift on at least low settings with an AMD APU. I wouldn't get anything older than the A10 if you want it to last at all though. The only thing I'd be concerned about is performance on games poorly optimized for multi threading may have some issues since the APUs are so focused around multiple CPU and GPU cores.

Or as Syber said, just put a new NIC in the old machine.
  4. Fearnada

Fearnada Veteran Member

Thanks so much for the reply's. I think I may start with a NIC card. The PC that I have patched together for her lags a ton, so I am assuming it is due to the connection speed since I only have a 150mbps wireless adapter connected atm. Her PC currently plays the game okay, with the exception of the latency.
    Thanks again!
  5. maithly

maithly Member

tend to go more in depth than most when answering questions and a handful of times someone will sneak a quicker response in before mine creating redundant information. Any chance of this being added
  6. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

Any chance of what being added?