Razer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Feb 2, 2018.

Razer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Feb 2, 2018.

1. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Razer has continued their unbroken string of every one of their products I buy breaking unreasonably early.

I don't buy their mice anymore (previously discussed) because they all develop button problems, but I'd figured surely this sort of mechanical issue wouldn't be a concern with their Leviathan soundbar.

14 months, and one day just poof, won't power on. It was plugged into a UPS, nothing else had any problems, audio connection was fiber optic so no power surge from that direction either. Just left the house one day with it working, and the next time I tried to turn it on, nothing.

Waiting to hear from Razer, but it's been over a year, not holding my breath.

I'll probably buy Logitech or Creative.
  2. stat

stat Division Leader

Razer is and always has been an awful brand IMO.

/shrug
    syberghost likes this.
  3. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

I bought 2 keyboards and 2 mice set over the past 15 years... they are all still working o_O
  4. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

Can confirm that I've seen more Razer equipment die than every other peripheral manufacturer I know of combined.
    syberghost likes this.
  5. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

My blade Pro had a Mobo go after 2 years and now I find the onboard intel wifi card is wonky and I cant sort out if it's hardware or drivers. I ordered a Linksys MIMO USB commlink for $30 so as not to lose another moment's sleep over it. Very worried what else will go wrong with this laptop. All my peripherals are good though, it's only the laptop that suks nutz
  6. syberghost

It's been four days since their auto-responder told me they'd answer my ticket within one working day. Their customer support folks must use Razer products.
    HittingSmoke likes this.
  7. Fell

i had this very same experience with the laptop RMA. They had it just short of two months for a mobo replacement
  8. syberghost

Finally contacted me. Suggested I try using another power plug. It uses a non-standard plug.

If that doesn't work, I am supposed to start all over again giving them the information about what model # etc when they already have a case. Fuck's sake.
  9. syberghost

They want me to prove I purchased the fucken thing.

'k. PDF printed from Best Buy purchase history, fuck you Razer.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  10. Fell

holy shit, that's just awful. I'm in such Razer denial. I like their stuff, most of it has a cool vibe to it, but that laptop repair experience scared the shit outta me. I went Corsair on my latest clacky clacky keyboard, I couldn't commit to more razer. I'm about to update my sound and I really want razer's soundbar setup, but I can't see going Razer again.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  11. syberghost

12. Fell

13. syberghost

No I did not. However, that Creative soundbar is ALSO the same price as the Razer, and has more features.
  14. stat

stat Division Leader

Heh, i've been toying with the idea of getting a sound bar for my PC the last month or so. May have to look at this closer.
  15. Fell

Yeah I’ve started using one monitor to catch up on dvr recordings while doing shit on the other screen. Headphones and the on board monitor sound aren’t either quite right.
  16. syberghost

Razer gave me the official "fuck you" today, 12 month warranty. They recommended I take it to an electronics shop.

So I'll be taking it apart and looking for fuses. If it's not immediately apparent what's wrong I'll probably buy that nice Creative with the RGB.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  17. Fell

sad panda... that sucks man. i think i'm done with razer after your experience. once my laptop is kia anyway. i'm having good luck with Corsair peripherals (well KBM and headset anyway) and they're starting to up their cool design factor. Their closed system water cooling is pretty sweet and i'm pretty sure i have both memory and a high W PSU from them as well.

Sound- I've always trusted Creative, i may go your route if i upgrade my sound. guess i have to, i just gifted my Dell POS i bought like 10 years ago.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  18. syberghost

Well, took it apart, nothing obvious in there, and I do not want to spend my entire day going back and forth between Google and a multitester, so it's going in the trash.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  19. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Sorry man that is a huge bummer, nothing worse than when equipment fails you far earlier than you had expected. I am having ISP/modem woes today so I am totally appreciating your situation. I have not ever used any of the Razr products but rather have stuck with logitech, and corsair. I expect your mileage will vary depending on what manufacturer was cutting which costs at the time, or which design had more flaws, or which firmware did they stop updating.
  20. syberghost

They sent me a satisfaction survey. K.

If I'd known I was going to a roast I would have work my tux.
    AndyCapp, Fell, stat and 1 other person like this.