Recent Updates

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by mynameismonkey, Sep 13, 2011.

Recent Updates

Discussion in 'Member Support' started by mynameismonkey, Sep 13, 2011.

1. mynameismonkey

mynameismonkey AoA Admin Emeritus

Hi all, we've made several changes in the past couple of days so here's a brief rundown for you:

1. In the Forums section on the secondary navbar (look up) you'll see a new drop down at the right hand end of the menu, labelled "My Posts". This will let you select your own threads or your own posts for quick finds of your recent rants.

2. We are experimenting with a fun add-on that awards you experience points for doing stuff on the Web site. There are levels, achievements and awards, look under the "Community" menu for the Experience tab.

3. We're testing out a support ticket function for folks to use if they are having technical troubles. Have a look under Web Services and you'll see a couple of Support forums.

4. I added several new games to the Video Game Arcade, and redleader isn't first on all of them. Yet. So hurry go get a high score.

5. Finally, I've decided to add a reputation mod, so now you'll see a little button under each post labelled "+1 DKP", use this if the post was especially funny, informative or pleased you in some other way.

6. Hidden deed. All of the above activities grant you Experience in the new game.

(Caveat: much of this is under testing status, I may wipe any and all points/xp/dkp/rep whenever I feel like. I will post here when it's a done deal and no more wipes will be expected.)
  2. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

Great work Monkey. I am liking these little touches.

Also, DOWN WITH REDLEADER!
  3. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

And each time he wipes it, he earns a wipe point. Damn you monkey!
  4. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

REPUTATION!

[​IMG]
    1 person likes this.
  5. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I don't see no "+1 DKP" at the bottom of any post.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Oh, wait....now I do. I guess it isn't retro-active on older posts? Not even ones 5 hours ago??

Edit: No, wait, it is broken. It is only showing up on my posts and nobody else's posts. Maybe that should be the other way around.
  7. stat

stat Division Leader

-50 DKP for giving yourself 1 DKP?
  8. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, I see it for everybody now.
  9. mynameismonkey

http://alloutassault.net/project.php?issueid=5
  10. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Is there a way that you can lessen the amount of other +1 DKP that you must give before you can give it to someone you have already given it too, or maybe have that counter reset for each person after a certain amount of days? I want to give it to people, but I keep running into the message about not being able to give it to that person until I give it to more other people. I can't remember who I've given it too from one day to the next...hell, from one hour to the next. And there should be no point in giving it to people that have not given useful information.
  11. Circe

Circe Officer

I think I have appropriately blamed Ragter at least three times now and yet, I haven't received the achievement.

I blame Ragter.

(Make that four.)
    1 person likes this.
  12. mynameismonkey

Working as intended.
  13. mynameismonkey

That achievement has been disabled pending a copyright infringement lawsuit that I cannot talk about at this time due to pending litigation.