Season 6 and Fleet Starbases

Discussion in 'Star Trek Online' started by Streakfury, May 28, 2012.

Season 6 and Fleet Starbases

Discussion in 'Star Trek Online' started by Streakfury, May 28, 2012.

1. Streakfury

Streakfury Veteran Member

Hi all, I know it's been a while since I was last on the forums, but I do still play STO regularly, and I'm wondering what we, as a fleet, want to do about fleet starbases.

If you haven't seen it already, there's a new Season 6 Dev Blog #1 that gives some details about fleet starbases, although it doesn't really go into much detail about how they work.

I, for one, am looking forward to fleet starbases, and I hope that having them in-game will help get AoA back on track. I don't seem to see too many players online any more, but with the introduction of fleet starbases, I think it will give us all something to work towards.

What do you think?
  2. deejayhr

deejayhr Veteran Member

Well, it's about time. Back when we were starting out with the STO division, our initial goal was to be the first fleet to build a starbase. Back then, we were a much bigger and stronger fleet, but I think it would still be great to have a fleet starbase. We have loads of credit saved up, and I'm willing to donate as much as I can. Once this rolls out, I'll be there to help out as much as possible.
  3. Streakfury

Streakfury Veteran Member

Well we've certainly built the bank back up since it was robbed, but I wouldn't say we had lots of credit saved. I added 1,000,000 EC a couple of weeks back, but I think we only have around 6,000,000 EC. It's a good start though.

I'm certainly looking forward to helping build a starbase, but I'd like to know what they'll give us as a fleet. If it's just another "social" (and I use the term loosely) hub, then there won't be much point in building one, other than it being something to do.

Again, though, I am looking forward to it. :D
  4. deejayhr

deejayhr Veteran Member

I personally don't care if it's super functional, or just a model in space, I want one, haha. I checked the bank yesterday, and I could swear we had more recently. Unless we've been robbed again since the last time I checked. I could be misremembering though. Still, I'll go make us some more money then. Cash is really easy to come by in this game.

What's up with our Klingon fleet? I never managed to get an invite for that, but it would be nice.
  5. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I'd like to jump in with someone, or more and try to get me up to RA2 at least. I'm still sitting at Captain 6 or so. Maybe we can try to get one night a week set aside to run as a group and accomplish the missions and other things.
  6. deejayhr

deejayhr Veteran Member

Assuming you're playing a Fed, leveling is ridiculously easy. Patrol missions give a lot of exp, and often require almost no time. Most of the time, a level is one story mission, and one patrol, that's all the exp it takes. Doing duty officer missions also helps. Anyway, if you see me online, just poke me, and I'll help you out with anything. Right now, I'm just working on STFs and getting a full Omega set, with the secondary objective being to get as much credits as possible for the fleet station.
  7. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

I have not played in a month or two but got myself up the ranks and would love to see AoA work on a starbase :p
  8. escrotoloco

escrotoloco Veteran Member

Only if we name it starbase coj. Then im going to space dock with it; over and over and over and over
  9. stat

stat Division Leader

Until your cargo bays are empty?
  10. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Starbase projects are underway; please log on and contribute!

If you don't have items or DOFFs to contribute, give EC; we can buy what's needed with it. The starbase will gain capabilities very fast if we complete the projects and do the daily.
  11. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Ok cool - I will log onto STO and see what I can do to help. Can you post "helping for dummies" for me. Specifically how do I contribute DOFF's. Will I be able to assign my DOFF's to work on the starbase or do you you mean you need DOFF pack's that have not been used yet? Logging in now in the hopes I can assign my own DOFF's in which case I can keep them going all day while I work today.
  12. syberghost

I don't know that it's all documented yet; and that may even be intentional.

Go in your Fleet menu, and you'll see we're working on Projects. You contribute assets to those; including DOFFs. The DOFFs you contribute leave your service; I don't know yet if they come back after the project, or if they're just gone. Right now the main thing we need is Fleet Marks, but we do have some DOFF needs.

I don't know all the ways to earn Fleet Marks; one way is the fleet daily, which you get from a guy in our base.
  13. syberghost

BTW, presumably this still will get documented on stowiki slowly. Stowiki is now official.

Evidently Cryptic can have official things now that are run by non-employees. Which is kind of a kick in the nuts since they abandoned the IRC channel because they "couldn't do that".
  14. syberghost

15. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Thanks - this should give me a fun reason to hop back into STO. I had to reset my PW and patch up but will see what I can do to help - especially if there are things I can do somewhat AFK'ishly :p

EDIT:

OK got on and see how the projects work and all the different stuff that needs to be contributed. You donate DOFFs and they get removed from you - but all it seems to need are commons and those are relatively easy to earn back so this should be one easy way to help in any case. Not sure what I can do with the fleet credits I get. I'll need to do missions for the fleet marks and can spend some time getting needed samples etc.
  16. syberghost

We've got a lot of samples in the bank, so for a while we'll raid those if needed. Doffs and Dilithium are going to be where we need people the most.

Also, I can't figure out how the hell you donate fighters to the Tactical mission, which puts us in a bad way there until somebody figures it out. If I need to spend Zen to buy a carrier, I will have to wait until next weekend to do that.
  17. redleader

redleader Veteran Member

I got some info about this yesterday. You buy Peregrine Fighter hangar bays in the shipyard area of ESD from the EC vendor. Note that there are purple Advanced Peregrine Fighters from the Dilithium vendor but those do NOT work for this (and are quite expensive).
  18. deejayhr

deejayhr Veteran Member

Doffs and dilithium are quite important, but we'll also need fleet marks. It can take quite a while to get them unless there's a fair number of us helping out. I'm not sure how easy it is to get them, but it'll definitely be easier if there's more of us.
  19. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

So far I have found:

1. A daily in our fleet starbase from the quartermaster that gives a small number of fleet marks
    2. Ground missions on the Nukara system (where you wear the environmental suit) - this takes longer than the starbase daily but is an easy grind and gives a lot more fleet marks. The zone wide one takes some time but is easy and gives 15 marks I believe.

EDIT: And DJ pointed me to the event missions and PvE queue - they are awarding bonus fleet marks. Did one that gave me 23 marks. So those are a good way to get marks.
  20. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Is there a way that we can set a day or two aside and a specific time aside that we should all get into game and work on a specific goal towards this starbase? I'd like to help in this since I still have a toon in game, but I'm not sure what I'm doing. I'm still only a Captain and in space combat, I could need help as I feel my weapons and consoles might not be up to par with what I should be using. I don't know. I just know that I remember having a hard time with some space combat missions.