Secret World Legends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, May 15, 2017.

Secret World Legends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, May 15, 2017.

1. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

https://secretworldlegends.com/
    https://secretworldlegends.com/faq/

The Secret World is being relaunched as Secret World Legends, a co-op action RPG. Except it's still an MMORPG, only with "action combat" which means replacing Tab targeting with mouse reticle targeting, and combat oriented around using your mouse more.

Also it's F2P, and all content is/will be F2P.

It's the same world and story (and maps) as The Secret World, but the puzzles are easier and the combat is actiony-er. It's basically nothing they couldn't have done to the existing game, but they chose to leave the existing game in place for people who prefer it.

Our subs will port over to the new game, including Grandmasters (lifetime subs) getting lifetime Patron status in the new game. We will be able to port "some vanity items" from the old game, and our Funcom points can be ported to the new currency.

I do not know if they plan to continue expanding the old game, or have all future expansion just be in this game. It will be on Steam. A beta is currently underway.
  2. syberghost

There's an NDA, so I'm going to be careful and only say things I've seen in videos.

There are 3-man versions of the dungeons now, that are balanced to work with any combo of characters, no tank and healer needed. There are also the higher tier versions that require balanced groups, and award better loot.

You can always use any loot you get; you dump it into your items to upgrade them.

There will be loot boxes that require a key to unlock. You will get a certain number of free keys every day; more will cost money in some fashion. So if you play a little, you can do any dungeon and get all the loot; if you want to sit there for hours and hours running dungeons over and over for loot, it will cost you. Since you can use whatever you find to upgrade your gear even if you don't switch to it, there will always be some value in the random drops.
  3. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

You going to play? I never got thru the first version to endgame.
  4. syberghost

Yes, I am going to play. Not sure if I'll get very far this time either, but we'll see. With a simpler crafting system, a simpler skill system, and increased survivability for pugs and soloing, maybe I'll stick with it longer, who knows.
    Rhyus likes this.
  5. Fell

simpler crafting? that's huge, SW crafting was godawfully non-intuitive...
    Rhyus likes this.
  6. syberghost

If you did not receive a beta code prior to now, as of yesterday, everybody with an account "in good standing" to the original game is getting invites. The definition of that is you own the game and you've logged in sometime in the last 30 days. SWL social media confirmed that if you go log in, you'll get added to the list and soon get a beta invite. This phase of beta is, however, still under NDA.

So go log in, then watch your email.
  7. syberghost

One more thing to remember to do, in your Secret World account management page on the website:

[​IMG]
  8. syberghost

Today's the last day of beta, and there are no more betas; head start is in a week. So the NDA can go fuck itself. AMA.

Subs are called "Patrons", and get bonuses to everything, double potions, half price refills, extra XP and loot, also free anima leaps. LTS in the original game applies lifetime Patron to this one. They turned this on in the latest beta phase.

I do not know what stipend we'll get, if any. Since content updates are going to be free, if they gave us as much cash for stipend as they did in the original, we'd buy everything in the shop the minute it hit.

There's a "daily login reward" system like most F2P games; log in and get free stuff, escalating in value; miss a day and it resets.

The reticle combat is not as annoying as it used to be; once you start shooting somebody, it remains targeting them even if your reticle moves off them, as long as you keep shooting and don't target somebody else. Works pretty well.

We weren't allowed to test mods, but they've confirmed that after launch they'll allow them again; they're "big supporters" of UI modding. Unfortunately, as with the original, the UI is not written in LUA; it's Flash. Pause while HittingSmoke vomits in a trash can.
  9. syberghost

10. Fell

I moved again recently. Office/game room been down over a month but it's back up and running. I'll check this out over the weekend, at least set myself up so I can get in soon, not sure if I can execute the early start instant-like or if it will take some time to get going.
  11. syberghost

To clarify what's happening with the "two games":

The original game is going to be left online, and receive no updates except security/maintenance fixes. It's retired in place. Secret World Legends is the game going forward, so our Grandmaster stuff will be just like we bought it for this game. Dunno all the stuff we'll get yet, but we'll get stuff.

Future content updates will be free in the new game, and will not exist in the old game. If you're just dying to meet up with your friends and play the old game, it's there, for now, no plans to shut down. That could change.
  12. syberghost

13. syberghost

14. syberghost

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfers/

To transfer your TSW stuff to the new game, you must do this:

Log into TSW and claim everything you want to transfer. If it's not in a character's dressing room, it won't transfer. If you bought stuff that comes in male and female forms, and you want both, you need to make a character and claim it all.

Log into SWL using your old account, not a new one and not your beta account. NEW ACCOUNTS CAN'T BE LINKED, it's got to be your old account.

Then go to that link above and you can do a one-time transfer. This includes your subscription time/Grandmaster status, so if you have multiple accounts, pick the right one.

This is a limited time deal, so don't fuck around, do it if you had stuff; especially Grandmaster (lifetime sub). The Patron bonuses are substantial.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 23, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 23, 2017 ---
    My character nick is "syberghost". Friend me and we'll sort the cabal invites out later.
  15. syberghost

Levelling seems faster; I'm already level 16, but I am not as far into the story as I was when I hit that level before. This is good because I'm not getting stuck as often on bosses and stuff.

The Patron benefit of lockbox keys is nice; I've opened two, and gotten my weapons really nice, without worrying that I might want those keys later.
  16. Fell

I had some trouble with the legacy transfer, can't seem to locate my items in game, i thought there was a claim function but i haven't spent a lot of time researching solutions - should have more time for that tonight. Meanwhile, i'm in game, char name Macke - rolled a gunslinger this time. I'll figure out how to search out the cabal and join today as well.
  17. syberghost

Once I get off work I'll get in and stay in for a while, so people can join the cabal.
  18. syberghost

https://secretworldlegends.com/update-roadmap/

Update roadmap for the rest of this year/early 2018. Most of this is "adding back in the stuff from TSW that wasn't in SWL at launch", including finishing Transylvania and leading into and through Tokyo. However, it ends with the late 2017/early 2018 plan, which is:

A new continent and the story continues.
  19. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I guess I'm downloading this since it's free.
  20. syberghost

Be advised, what's in Steam right now is the old game, despite having the new name. The new game will replace it in Steam sometime this month. Until then, you'll need to download directly from the website.