Secret World Legends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, May 15, 2017.

Secret World Legends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, May 15, 2017.

1. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Updates:

Steam version going live in a couple of days. There is weirdness about account linking; once you make your SWL account be a Steam one, you must play through Steam, and all purchases thereafter have to use the Steam Wallet. Very weird. I may not link mine.

On a personal note, I have completed all missions on Solomon Island (except the Dungeons) and gotten the achievement for that. I never got that far in the old game. I'm seeing parts of the story I never saw before.
  2. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

congrats. I'm almost done with island in the old game, that's as far as I ever got myself. been meaning to spool this game up but haven't made time yet beyond initial patch and London starting area.
  3. syberghost

4. Fell

i never even knew that was such a thing in the way back when. if done well, could fill a hole the x-files left when it left the airwaves. Cast Gillian as a Templar commander in red leather spanx and /hooked.
  5. syberghost

It'd be cool if they'd cast Leigh-Allyn Baker. She was the voice of two of the faction leads in the game, as well as numerous other characters, and is a genre veteran both on camera and behind the mic.

I remember her best as the evil redhead on the first season of Charmed.
  6. Fell

Don't remember hearing of her but checked out some photos and bio - looks like she's got the street cred as you point out...
  7. RIP

RIP Veteran Member

Since I see people playing this, I thought I would post this article I came across. Seems the second round of Legacy transfers is about to happen. Read about it on mmorpg.com and grabbed a link to the funcom website outlining the process and what needs to be done by Sept 4, 2017 if you have not done so already to be eligible for the Legacy transfer.

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfer-part-2-return/
    syberghost likes this.
  8. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

So somehow I just totally missed this completely, just found out my old toon is totally gone, yet I get to keep my "vanity items" whatever the hell those were lol? I wish I had paid attention when all this craziness was happening WTF! Anybody else get bamboozeled? Anybody else feel like playing, or are playing this?
  9. syberghost

They're adding the first new zone next month; South Africa. Finally keeping their promise that the new monetization model would allow new development.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  10. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Right on, I just ended up having to start a new toon, my old bad ass guy is gone. That makes me really sad, I would like to think all the time I had before is not completely wasted. I guess it is my fault though for not having transferred my toon over a year ago lol! I am running Hammer/Blade right now, about to pick up Chaos as I hear it is easy to roll with for leveling.

Anybody wanna join up feel free, I will be on here and there until I hit max level and then will hit the new shit April 4th hopefully. Also how do I get into the Cabal? Any pro tips?
  11. syberghost

All that transferred was the name and some cosmetics, you had to start over anyway.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  12. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I tried this. Did not enjoy it. It reminded me of all the things I didn't like about Matrix Online without the Matrix backdrop that I liked.
  13. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Well I don't feel so bad then! I have some of my stuff back, and made my guy about like before. I don't like that my bad ass blade build is gone, "clearing the path" was one of my favorites ever! I am figuring out how to use hammers/blade and mixing in some chaos now. I am about level 15, just started in Solomon Islands doing the hotel stuff and intro quests there. I am gonna go ahead and play through, it seems to be going pretty fast by comparison and my PUG even survived the first dungeon! How do I get into the Cabal? And is there any builds that have worked really well for anybody, with all these changes? Can we pull off the holy trinity with a group?
  14. syberghost

Somebody in the cabal has to be logged on for you to join. Don't worry too much about optimizing, you only really need it for the hard mode, you can do any dungeon in "story mode" which is made to work out OK if everybody in the group is semi-conscious.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  15. Fell

I did transfer my stuff for this and even installed/patched it. Haven't had time to start over from scratch though, i think i rolled a new toon and put it "on the shelf"
    AndyCapp likes this.
  16. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Ok guys, this weekend was DOUBLE XP weekend!!! I am now level 42, and about done with Egypt. Also, I am a Tank, of course, so we are solid for group content! The leveling during the double XP time is crazy fast, I mean crazy and that was helpful to keep up momentum. I streamed a lot on Twitch this weekend as well, https://www.twitch.tv/network_nerd, if you want to check it out. I know the videos don't stay up too long these days. Hoping to keep making progress so I will be ready for the new content. I have enjoyed playing through all the old missions, not very much has changed from the story aspect, while a ton has changed elsewhere. Overall it is a good experience and I suggest it to anybody who can find the time, especially since all you need is a 3 man for instances ;-)
  17. Fell

Glad you're having fun man, now you made it impossible to catch up to you! Twice i started this game and never made it out of one of the early areas, i think it was Blue Mountain or something like that. I always loved SW's premise
    AndyCapp likes this.
  18. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

I am a hit and run gamer, run a hard marathon on a game and get as far as I can until I lose steam, then pick something else. Eventually of course coming back around and touching all games a number of times over the years, but never really mastering any of them or experiencing full completion of anything. Generally I enjoy the stories, leveling, and then I get lost in the end game. Happened in Neverwinter, happens every WoW expansion, just about every game really lol. So that is part of why I am trying to get as much done as fast as I can in SWL, because I already have other games knocking on the door, looking at you FarCry5. Good news is that you can just about do everything in SWL at this point solo, and don't need a group for anything but dungeons. Also you can skip the investigation quests to shave off a ton of time as well. Only had one quest bug out on me like crazy for a couple hours, that was a nightmare, so let me know when you make it to the "City of the Sun" portion of Egypt for a pro tip hehe ;-)
  19. Fell

skip the investigation quests?!? are you crazy? some of the best quests in that game. Remind me a lot of the Heritage Quests that were a huge part of EQII, quests that took a lot of ingenuity and planning to complete. Ok SW quests weren't quite that involved but I loved the ones with a bit more challenge and that required actual brain cells...
    AndyCapp likes this.
  20. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

So I made it to level 50 finally, have not started any of the new content yet as I wanted to clean up the old story line as best I can. So far so good, still having fun, and it is great to replay this old content! I will report in once I mess with the "New" stuff.