News Server downtime earlier today

Discussion in 'Guild News' started by Fell, Mar 18, 2016.

News Server downtime earlier today

Discussion in 'Guild News' started by Fell, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

[​IMG]

Some of you may have noticed the forums were down for a while earlier today, and some of you may have seen a new IP address posted for the site while the DNS servers were catching up with our new address.

Yes, that's right, we moved our website to a new host server and experienced some downtime while our site was being backed up and moved by @HittingSmoke. Hopefully this move will be transparent to members but I thought you would want to know what was happening. Since smoke has stepped down as our lead Sysadmin, this was the first step in the process of turning over our tech assets to a team that will continue operations.

I'm not sure how much more information you'll all want on the transition as it occurs, my main goal is to make sure we can keep everything operating smoothly and that we have some redundancy in our front line administration. Several of us are working away at that very goal.

Holler if there are questions, otherwise stay tuned for future updates.
    Anopheles gambiae, Snowy and H33TZONE like this.
  2. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

I've been a little gassy lately. Probably from the cabbage and brussel sprouts. So that was going on during the transition. Not sure how much information we're going into here.
    Austok and Fell like this.
  3. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

How many times a day and how severe?
    Austok likes this.