SP Campaign or MP on launch day?

Discussion in 'First Person Shooter' started by DeVries, Oct 22, 2011.

?

SP or MP on launch day?

1. Single player Campaign

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Multi Player Noob Ownage

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Depends on how stable MP is

5 vote(s)
    29.4%

SP Campaign or MP on launch day?

Discussion in 'First Person Shooter' started by DeVries, Oct 22, 2011.

1. DeVries

DeVries Veteran Member

I think I read that the SP is supposed to run 10+ hours of gameplay, which isn't huge but for a FPS is half decent.

I have not heard anything official from EA or Dice but there was also talk about each class taking roughly 200 hours to get all unlocks, achievables, etc.

So at Zero Hundred Hours on Tuesday morning, are you planning to jump into SP first or own up some 0 Day noobs in MP?

Personally I would like to start with MP, but as you may be aware with EA/Dice's track record of server crashes, Punkbuster kicks, game bugs/crashes, and the possibility of the stats server being bogged down and not updating properly. I am going to have to try a few rounds of MP, see how stable things are, and if I have too many issues will play SP until things stabilize!
  2. Matt Treck

Matt Treck Veteran Member

I usually play SP first, but I plan on playing both on Tuesday.
  3. SgtGenSoggyWaffle

SgtGenSoggyWaffle Veteran Member

I don't know why but it's a bit of a habit for me to always play the SP first in these types of games. I'll probably play some SP for an hour or two before jumping onto the MP, just like I've done with every other shooter.
  4. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

Since this is supposed to bring back some good SP bits I will be playing the campaign first, hopefully it doesn't suck.
  5. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Depending on what is happening that day, depends on if I'll get to play first day or not. I'll be working probably when the game arrives and wont get to it until late. Now, if the game I'm beta testing in is still not back online, then I'll get to jump into BF3, which, I'll probably play single player to get use to the game and get graphics and sound set correctly and find out how the maps and other things work. But, this all depends on the game I'm beta testing.
  6. Diablocoj

Diablocoj AoA Emeritus

I will be hopping into multi-player as I normally do on the day of release. When I want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of mp, or its a slow day, then I boot up single player.
  7. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

As far as I'm concerned single player still doesn't exist in the BF franchise. I'll be loading up the server browser immediately to get my Wake Island on.
  8. nightfox

nightfox Veteran Member

same and hope everyone else plans the same also becuase we going to have to test server stability and see how it runs on the box :)
  9. zenix

zenix Veteran Member

Picking up my copy of BF3 on midnight Monday night :)
  10. Moji

Moji Veteran Member

Same, as usual. Campaign is for when Im bored or if servers are offline or w/e.
  11. Collard

Collard Veteran Member

Gonna use the SP campaign to get my control changes locked in and then jump straight into MP.
  12. Chaotic

Chaotic Veteran Member

I'll have single player beat on hard shortly....prolly be in mp by noon at the latest. :p
  13. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Single player starting midnight tonight
  14. DeVries

DeVries Veteran Member

I have yet to see any official posts about it, but as far as I can tell Karkand pack isnt released on launch day.
    Microsoft gave everyone the big hard one by paying EA/Dice to release DLC content on suxbox a few weeks to a month before other platforms.
    So at the earliest we will see the karkand DLC on PC around the 7th of Nov. But all posts I can find just say 'to be released later this year'
    So we could be waiting as long as Dec 31st :icon_mad:
  15. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

BRB, gotta murder some people.