Star Citizen Prefix

Discussion in 'Star Citizen' started by Fell, Dec 8, 2013.

Star Citizen Prefix

Discussion in 'Star Citizen' started by Fell, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Thanks to the admins we have a new Star Citizen prefix to use in the PC Gaming forum. As interest picks up we may graduate these threads into their own sub-forum or even a division forum if warranted.

in the meantime, feel free to post any NEW threads regarding SC here and be aware of the prefix highlighting it for those interested in this most excellent Chris Roberts endeavor....
    Bnorus likes this.
  2. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Do we have any word on when the dogfighting module is suppose to come out?
  3. Fell

They recently pushed back the intended December release, Roberts did not want to release on Cryengine's stock multiplayer solution, they want something more like their go-to system for linking/instancing players. No date given, many are speculating January or February but this sounds complicated enough I think it might be longer. I'm no programmer, guess time will tell... In the meantime, they're giving us Hangar module upgrades and a weapons system where you can test fire different weapons you can get in engine.
  4. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

Based on what I have read, we are guaranteed to have dog-fighting in some capacity by Xmas, but it will probably only be against AI opponents to start.

Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/08/chris-roberts-details-squadron-42-takes-on-doubters/

CR has reportedly been personally putting time into the dogfighting module code, presumably to make sure we have something to play with and bang on their servers over the holiday break.
  5. mynameismonkey

mynameismonkey AoA Admin Emeritus

I just want to add that should you wish to, you can click the prefix and the forum will load with only the prefix of your choice, in effect creating a single topic sub forum. Quite handy when looking for older content or reviewing one game in particular. Blessings to all etc.
  6. Fell

Dogfighting without multi-player =/= dogfighting IMO. Space sandbox maybe. dogfighting? no... But, they can call it whatever they want i suppose.... AI opponents in Dec is not a given, if they have that at least i'd give them a partial complete. honestly, i'd rather wait for a good product than rush them anyway.

and thanks for the PSA on prefixes Monkey, not something i had noticed...
  7. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Keep in mind that we're talking about the guy who has made EVERY good single-player space dogfighting game in history, and the best atmospheric flight single player dogfighting game too.
  8. Fell

Yep, I have no doubts on the ultimate quality, just whether we will have true Dogfighting by Xmas. I think I'm going to go find a copy of freelancer, all this discussion has me jonesing...
  9. Dregeron

Dregeron New Member

Star Citizen will be awesome :)

finally another legit space game :p
  10. Fell

have you pledged Dreregon? If so post in the thread on the home page. I'll be getting our in game guild started soon since it appears the organizations launch is close...
  11. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

Ready to make the organization on the RSI website next week ? :D
  12. Fell

I'm ready whenever it's released. I may not have all the customizations I want lined up, but squatting the unique id first is most important.
    syberghost likes this.
  13. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

As mentioned in Wings man hangar, all subscribers have access now to the organization beta. Anyone here is a sub ? :eek:
  14. Fell

I am a subscriber, any beta you mention might be under NDA...
  15. Arcfire

You need an nda for for a webpage and a new chatroll (I assume, as I am not a subscriber) ? Hmm.
  16. Fell

Hey, i don't make the rules, assuming there are rules being promulgated that is...
  17. Bnorus

Bnorus Veteran Member

I don't care I am no subscriber and Wingsman mentioned it on the hangar... so out of any NDA. Anyhow, just a heads up :D
  18. Fell

release appears imminent, they just put up the org URL but the pages are disabled at the moment
    Bnorus and syberghost like this.
  19. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

FYI, it was called Chatroll because the (awful, awful) product they were using for chat was a commercial service named Chatroll. Now they're using XMPP via the Openfire server and the Candy web client. The client their contracting with for the new web site stuff seems to just deploy open source software. Not that I'm complaining about that.

So now it's just called chat, or Jabber if you want to use a product name.
  20. Arcfire

Jib jab it is.