Steam Controller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allomein, Jun 24, 2016.

Steam Controller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allomein, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Picked up a steam controller - and so far I am very happy with it Hard to describe it - but it is VERY configurable and works well in games initially designed with mice in mind because the pads can be configured as touch pads to replace mice if you want (like on a laptop). Much better than trying to jury-rig a traditional gamepad in those circumstances.

That said, I guess a downside is that for a game designed with twin joysticks in mind some may find the steam controller annoying since one of the sticks will be emulated with a touch pad. So far that has not bugged me.

I like that you can select community-made templates for control configs from within STEAM. Much like the curse-client with add-ons, the STEAM controller template selection screen shows community templates ranked in popularity order with a description of the template. You can assign templates on a per-game basis and those will follow your controller if you plug it into another machine running steam.

Managed to get it working for WOW believe it or not . Only for casual DPS play such as when rep grinding and questing. While it could be used for anything it is still much faster to use a keyboard and mouse. WOW from the couch is interesting though.