The Division Rosters

Discussion in 'Tom Clancy's The Division' started by Fell, Feb 5, 2016.

The Division Rosters

Discussion in 'Tom Clancy's The Division' started by Fell, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Martinfort

Martinfort Division Leader Staff Member

Okay so I was at work, here's the information in Wall O' text format.

ANNOUNCING THE DIVISION OPEN BETA

The Division is throwing its doors wide open next week with an open beta that will let everyone explore its devastated New York ahead of the game's launch. Whether you're a veteran of the closed beta or this is your first time stepping into an Agent's shoes, you'll be able to jump into the open beta from February 19-21 on PS4, PC and Xbox One. Also, Xbox One players can get started a day early with exclusive 24-hour early access beginning on February 18, but players on all platforms can preload the beta starting February 16.

The development team has closed many of the PC cheating vulnerabilities discovered during the closed beta, and has resolutions identified for the remaining PC cheating issues, which will be included in time for launch on March 8. The developers will also closely monitor the open beta for any new issues, and address them accordingly.

If this isn't your first time playing The Division, there are extra incentives to come back, starting with a new story mission that wasn't in the closed beta. Also, everyone who participates in the open beta gets access to a special in-game reward that will be unlocked when the full game is released for Xbox One, PS4, and PC on March 8.

Want to know what you'll be up against before then? From Rikers Island escapees and roving Rioters to the flamethrower-equipped Cleaners and the highly-trained Last Man Battalion, there's no shortage of factions looking to take control of the city on their own terms. Be sure to check out the new trailer (above) to see what these groups are all about.

Source:http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co...socmed-16-22-OpenBetaNewsFB_org--17-19-8-0216
    AndyCapp, Bnorus, syberghost and 2 others like this.
  2. Snowy

Snowy Officer

Good job on keeping us updated :)
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Martinfort likes this.
  3. Martinfort

AndyCapp and Cirsphe like this.
  4. Martinfort

Amazing night with @Ramenface @Rhyus & @AndyCapp! I don't even know how many items were extracted / stolen tonight. I personally banked 12 blues, I know andy grabbed a few. Best night in the darkzone to date for Ramen and myself. Thank you guys for sticking through every side quest, story mission, and encounter before driving it home in a nonstop two hour beatdown in the Dark Zone.
    AndyCapp, Snowy, Fell and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

What would be the best place to purchase the game? They all seem to be the same, so, not sure if any are better then others or if there are special offers on some. Don't want to have to deal with foreign money exchanges or international shipping, etc.
  6. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

glad it went so well and I got to chat with you all in TS, sounds like a great night and I missed out with the kings game running so long. I'll be off and on Saturday as well, have a pro Soccer game in the afternoon so i'll be working around that, hope to see more folks on.

Thanks Bnorus for showing me the new mission, ended up with 3 good blue drops in less than an hour running around.
    AndyCapp and Bnorus like this.
  7. Martinfort

So lets begin with what you don't want for the sake of including it.

Foreign Money exchange
    US to EURO Key
    delivered some time before launch
    Gamesplanetfor £48.99 ($71), they're also on Ubisoft's approved vendor list

As for a non exchange, that is an official preorder... I bought mine through Uplay itself,
    The price is pretty uniform no matter where you look for an official preorder, $59.99 or $99.99 Standard|GOLD

If you buy standard:

You pay $59.99
    Will most likely pay $39.99 later for the Season pass.

Total cost: $99.98
    After Uplay tax collection (based on MD tax of 6%): $105.98
    If you buy gold.
    You can expect to pay the same price

Plus gain the National Guard cosmetic set (currently not known to be obtainable otherwise)
    [​IMG]

Other than Uplay I would only consider Steam, which would only be used to manage the download, Uplay is still required.... So why not just go with Uplay?

edit in Amazon Prime:

Amazon Prime w/ 20% off. Came to 80.xx for Gold. (Only good for Physical Copies, and if you have amazon prime)
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  8. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I have Amazon Prime. I did not see that it was 20% off the last time I looked. Will have to check again.
  9. syberghost

syberghost Social Media Manager Staff Member

Of course, depending on whether Amazon has a warehouse in your state, you might pay tax on the Prime purchase. It's $5.60 for me.
  10. syberghost

PC Gold, syberghostaoa
    Martinfort and Fell like this.
  11. Martinfort

In order to get your prime price, You need to add the PHYSICAL copy to your cart, and checkout as you would normally. Prime savings be calculated when you select your payment method.

Gold example
    [​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 20, 2016 ---
    UPDATE

• Jakers1986 (Talva) Preorder Status: GOLD
    is in fact

• Jakers1986 (Jakers1986) Preorder Status: GOLD
    Snowy likes this.
  12. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I just got it from Amazon. The Gold edition.

Ok, I could not figure this out last night. My main weapon had a 4x scope on it. So, I figure that I should be able to zoom in and "snipe" them from a distance. But, all that would happen when I hit the Zoom In key (Tab) was that it went from normal mode to scope mode, but, there was no zoom. It had the same look as normal view. What am I doing wrong?
  13. Martinfort

Some attachments will let you aim down a sight, some will change your reticle enhancing your aim as your character fires.

So if you hold right mouse button and aim, then hit tab you can either see a red dot, or different reticle on screen, or be sent down the actual attachments view. Not all of them do it.
  14. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

That is kind of lame. If I'm using a 4x or 3x scope, those should give me boost to sighting distance, not just a different view of a normal reticle.
  15. syberghost

I won't be there on launch day, as that is the day they begin moving things out of my house so for three days my essential networking gear and gaming laptop will be inside a closet with a big sign on it saying "you are not moving anything in this closet", but after I come out of the closet I'll join you guys that weekend.
    AndyCapp, Martinfort and Rhyus like this.
  16. Martinfort

[​IMG]
    AndyCapp likes this.
  17. Omnifox

Omnifox Cylon - Toaster Model Staff Member

So.... I like this game.

I worry however, that this might be kinda shallow and get DLCSpensive quick? The mechanics are solid, the visuals great, I just feel... Cardboardy?

Am I missing something?
  18. Fell

Don't think you are, in a lot of ways this feels like destiny to me, great out of the gate, lots of fun, but very limited in initial content so very dependent on how quickly they can keep new zones opening up. And for those playing the beta, it's likely to go by really quick before getting to the point where you've done all you want to do...
  19. Martinfort

Well @Fell ,with the beta coming to a close and launch being the only step left to accomplish, I have done some thinking on the topic of having a "Lead Agent". While I am willing to "lead" the PC players, I feel that having a lead is somewhat pointless in the sense the title represents. There's no guarantee you will always be playing with the same people day in and day out, Sure each group usually designates a point man so to speak, but as for having a lead over anything is currently not supported in any fashion.

That being said, If the game presents a clan dynamic in the future I'd be more than happy to assume the responsibility of maintaining any and all upkeep that's needed on that front. I will continue to keep the forums updated with as much useful information as I can.

I will also try to get multi-group Dark zone events going during launch. We proved it can be possible to get multiple split groups in the same DZ with a little patience. This presents the possibility of locking down some great extractions and or rogue situations.

If anyone has any questions or would like some help when the game does come out I have no problem at all in doing content over and over again to make sure everyone gets what they need out of the game in the ways they wish to get it. I've put in around 70 hours into the small portion of the game we've been given and don't see my interest letting up any time soon.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  20. Fell

I think all that can be expected given the lack of clans is what you describe: someone who is keeping tabs on continued news/development of the title, and who is comfortable coordinating some level of activity in game. Chances are there will be a good amount of spontaneous activity not requiring a traditional leader. I think having an agent who's interested in dark zone/pvp tactics and coordinating some anchor events could be useful, particularly if we can get a handful of regulars to act as the backbone of a competitive fireteam. Perhaps "lead agent" is a bit unhelpful as a title, not sure top of mind what else i'd call it but sounds like you're willing to act as something of a rallying point for TCTD... for PC anyway.

Personally, I look forward to coordinated dark zone runs and look forward to joining up with whoever wants to go in live.
    Cirsphe and Martinfort like this.