The Division Rosters

Discussion in 'Tom Clancy's The Division' started by Fell, Feb 5, 2016.

The Division Rosters

Discussion in 'Tom Clancy's The Division' started by Fell, Feb 5, 2016.

1. syberghost

syberghost Social Media Manager Staff Member

Coordinating group activity is the number one thing a Lead can do to keep this viable for future growth when Clan features are added.
    AndyCapp and Cirsphe like this.
  2. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

For whatever reason, they almost gave us nothing to play with in the last beta they have for the game. Almost nothing was unlocked for it and there is a whole lot that should have been unlocked for people to explore and check to make sure things are working correctly, but they didn't. I'm betting that at least half the map is active upon release and half of that should have been active for us to run around in this past weekend.
  3. Riot

Riot Veteran Member

gold preordered(PC), and I plan on going stupid on this game. Uplay: Ammirix
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  4. Martinfort

Martinfort Division Leader Staff Member

They limited the content to force players into the dz to PvP. They key elements they want tested and feedback on is PvP and balancing. This was a smart move imo by massive. I enjoyed the pve that was given to us, they added hard mode gardens. and a new story mission with new skills attached.

The whole map will be open on launch. as well as the full dark zone. I'm glad they kept some mystery with this beta. He'll we haven't even seen the tutorial yet. [Levels 1-4]

My opinion on how companies are destroying themselves with beta testing is they give you too much. And ruin the actual release for people. and they have too many tests.
    Fell likes this.
  5. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Truth
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 23, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 23, 2016 ---
    Oh and a reminder, if you don't post your uplay ID or PSN ID, I can't add you to the roster.
    Martinfort likes this.
  6. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

You haven't added my Uplay ID, which I posted a while back, RealRhyus.
  7. Fell

didn't see it thanks
  8. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Oh, its Rhyus, not Rhyys....and I did, in multiple posts, say that I had Gold as pre-order.

Oh, and not sure if it matters or not, both 'R's in the ID are capitals, as in RealRhyus.
  9. Fell

sorry, working on my phone, I'll make the correction after I land in Denver. And I know you preordered, I somehow missed where you gave your uplay id
    Bnorus likes this.
  10. Martinfort

Riot likes this.
  11. TheFreak

TheFreak Veteran Member

I have a feeling this will play out like Destiny did ....

They will have paid digital downloads - expansions. They may have an in-game store? I have the impression it will not be a grind to get to end-game levels. It will happen quickly. There will be a 'raid' for best gear in-game and expansions will be other cities and raids. Just an assumption on my part.

I don't think it will be a complex game. I think it will be a good 'casual' game to let off steam in ......
    AndyCapp and Martinfort like this.
  12. Noltrach

Noltrach Member

I don't think I would be a good lead, unless I am only leading myself.... But I will be on the XboxOne with my brother and best friend.
    Xbox Live: IIINoltrach
    Uplay: Noltrach
  13. Martinfort

They have a season pass for content. There will be an end game event of sorts. No microtransactions, there's pheonix points which are earned through in game actions which can be used for gear and such. You can use uplay units to get special cosmetics / wallpapers / official soundtrack (Ubisoft does this with all there games) units are earned via acheivments. ((You get 160 units from buying gold edition on uplay))
    AndyCapp likes this.
  14. syberghost

There's one serious difference with Destiny:

It's on PC.

I'd play the hell out of Destiny on PC.
  15. TheFreak

TheFreak Veteran Member

This is true. I wish Destiny was on PC as well.

Although ... I haven't logged in for about 2 months (Xbox One). I don't think The Division is going to be making up for last minute story and design changes though .... Like Destiny. I think The Division most likely got it right (as far as staying true to their development and story timeline) in time for a good launch. As we all know, Bungie rushed Destiny out when they had made a lot of last minute changes. The Taken King was suppose to be part of the original story.
  16. syberghost

The Division has the advantage that the basic story was written with advice from a real writer. It's a pity he died so early in development, but still, they were building on a very solid foundation.

Destiny was the usual crop of game writers, trying to file the serial numbers off Halo.
  17. Martinfort

AndyCAPPS (andycapps): Preorder Status: GOLD
  18. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Oh man I am so freaking excited you guys! I know that this is going to have a good AoA presence and I have really been missing everybody. I had a blast in the Beta with Martinfort showing me the ropes. I went ahead and got the GOLD edition so that I will have no excuse to stop playing hehe.

One thing I will mention, my computer barely meets the miminum specifications for the game. I was able to play in beta with over 30 fps most of the time and it looks good enough for me. So just in case you also only have a 560 card, the gameplay is not suffering for it, only textures. I am excited that now when I rebuild my PC eventually this game will just get more and more beautiful!
    Rhyus, Riot, Fell and 1 other person like this.
  19. Fell

Andy's note prompted a thought to remind those of you with capable systems, make sure you have video recording software up, would be nice to post some vids up here and get our YouTube channel going again. Doesn't matter which platform by the way...
    Bnorus, Martinfort and AndyCapp like this.
  20. Martinfort

Preload information:

PC (Steam AND Uplay)

• 04:00 4th in Austrialia (AEDT)
    • 18:00 3rd in Central Europe (CET)
    • 17:00 3rd in UK (GMT)
    • 12:00 3rd in Eastern US
    • 09:00 3rd in Western US
    PS4

• 00:01 6th in your local time (except Japan)
    • 00:01 8th in Japan
    Xbox One

• "today" everywhere
    LAUNCH TIMES please read carefully
    • If you have a PS4/XB1 digital copy, you will get to play from: 8th / 00:01am relative to your location.
    • If you have Uplay/Steam, no matter the location, you will get to play from: 8th / 00:01am EST.
    • If you have a physical copy, no matter the platform/location, you will get to play from: 8th / 00:01am AEDT.

AEDT BREAKDOWN
    • 00:01 8th in Australia (AEDT)
    • 14:01 7th in Central Europe (CET)
    • 13:01 7th in UK (GMT)
    This translates to:

• 08:01 7th in Eastern US
    • 05:01 7th in Western US
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Cirsphe, Riot and AndyCapp like this.