The Division Rosters

Discussion in 'Tom Clancy's The Division' started by Fell, Feb 5, 2016.

The Division Rosters

Discussion in 'Tom Clancy's The Division' started by Fell, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Reminder: post your uplay ID if you don't see it in the OP. I think I'm caught up but just in case...
  2. Martinfort

Martinfort Division Leader Staff Member

@Fell yeah fraps is fine and dandy for eating hdd space with raw uncompressed information. But shadowplay (nvidia) does everything for you and its compression is very impressive.

I also have a xsplit gamecaster license that came with my mobo I just ordered. Says it's for 6months. But the one I used from my 970 (also 6mnth) activated a full year. If anyone is interested in buying a cheap license you know where to find me.
  3. syberghost

syberghost Social Media Manager Staff Member

And adding compression with software uses the same CPU that's running your game; Shadowplay has a chip on the GPU that doesn't do anything but video compression. It requires almost zero other GPU resources, and only uses your CPU for writing to disk. It is the best you can do without using a separate PC to do your capture; which is what the pro streamers do.
    Cirsphe and Fell like this.
  4. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Technically mine is "Andycapps".
  5. Fell

makes sense, never did any research on the benefits of shadowplay this is all good info...
  6. Martinfort

if you record to an hdd seperate from the game. It's completely lossless on your fps
    syberghost likes this.
  7. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, throwing this topic off from video recording, since this game seems to be very popular currently, would it be even thought about having our own section inside the FPS section, you know, like Infestation, which doesn't have any traffic for like the last year or two?
  8. Fell

Yes it should be considered, let's see how many new threads the game generates, I don't think there are more than 4-6 threads on this game right now (which is not enough to sustain a sub-forum IMO) but if traffic picks up I will create a sub-forum and relocate all appropriate threads there. As it stands all the active TCTD threads are well sorted near the top of the FPS main forum anyway. (I think there are a few sticky threads that can disappear to help, i'll unsticky those in a few minutes).
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 4, 2016 ---
    Not sure how that happened, I blame editing on my phone....
  9. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Well, just from doing the beta, which had just a minor amount of the game available, there can be a lot more post happening once launch comes. Crafting could be a major section. Putting mods on gear could be another. But, I understand the wait and see. We all could get so immersed in the game that we forget to come to the website to post stuff. :)

Oh, and you still haven't fixed my info. :p
  10. Fell

Can we expand on this more? I don't know what the clan capabilities in game are, didn't seem like there were going to be any but maybe someone better in the know can advise? Meantime, what suggestions do folks have to keep a list of gear to share with others? Is a spreadsheet the best way? A thread here that each OP can keep updated? Is anyone willing to take on the task of setting up and managing said inventory? My sense was there's simply too much gear in the game to track everything, but if we had some organization by level groups and only recorded blues and purples it wouldn't be too hard to manage. Just thinking out loud here but I think we'd really benefit if someone took charge of this - perhaps Riot since he brought it up? (no pressure man, just trying to get some shit organized).
  11. Fell

I have the Adobe Creative Suite license for free since my woman is an educator at a college system that gives it away. I have all their video and sound editing software. I have only played around briefly with these. I think, for particularly GOOD videos (many won't warrant the extra time) I wouldn't mind trying my hand at editing some stuff, putting out a clan watermark on all our vids, and as I said before getting youtube up and running again. I will need help though - lots of help - so if anyone is interested in coming up with a small group that can collect/edit/post/publicize our activities, let me know. My hope would be whatever we do for TCTD could be come a model for how we'd handle media for other games as well. I can't and won't do it alone though, I'm already spread pretty thin...
  12. Martinfort

@Fell trading will be very limited. To those your playing with at that very moment. So a spreadsheet or forums will have no use. There was some confusion on seeing the word trading. it's going to be like this. You and three people are playing. Player a finds a gun. Player c wants it. You can trade then. you can't trade out of group. you can't trade hours later As for a section. I've messaged Coj about archiving infestation a couple weeks ago As the lead to infestation it died off over two years ago. And we have the occasional player but not in a. capacity that we need a private section for it. I think it would be nice to set up a section for it within fps as an fps officer and as the self appointed Division information sponge. This is up to @Diablocoj though I don't think he frequents the forums that much. I will talk with him and see what he thinks tonight. Not sure if I have the capabilities to create a section on the forums. Haven't checked into permissions since we did an overhaul on the site. Maybe @Omnifox or @HittingSmoke can elaborate on that.
  13. Fell

yeah I saw the thread on coop sharing after I posted that, guess the need for a loot trade setup is DOA unless they change mechanics down the line.

As for forums, I'm happy to have Coj's input but he has not been active on the forums for quite a while, if he wants to get engaged that would be great. Meantime, I have all the access I need to manage the branch structure and can grant more access to a handul of folks if we need more hands at the wheel.

Bigger picture, it would be nice if we had a clear vision for the FPS group, even if attention is scattered across a lot of different titles right now. (this thread keeps branching off-topic so much maybe you're right and we need a dedicated forum...)
    AndyCapp likes this.
  14. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Pssshhh.... Just use this one thread for everything, until we are over 9000! ;)
    Cirsphe likes this.
  15. Martinfort

@Fell I doubt coj would have any opposition and as a previous div lead and current fps officer I would have no problem managing the needs of the The Division players on the forums.
    syberghost likes this.
  16. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, so, back to talking about the game. Those that have downloaded the game already and was also in the Open Beta, does it help to have to Open Beta files or should I just uninstall them, because they don't matter any longer?
  17. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Under my Uplay it shows my beta install as being expired so I uninstalled it. It is a new install from what I have experienced thus far.
  18. Riot

Riot Veteran Member

Can confirm, steam is making me pre-load the non-beta version.
  19. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, thanks guys.

Another question, for those of us that are getting a hard copy of the DVD, would it be better to install from the DVD and then download the updates or just give UPlay the game's code and download it all from there? I've heard it can be up to 31 GB to download.
  20. syberghost

syberghost Social Media Manager Staff Member

Either way it's going to be a massive download; the disk would have gone gold months ago. I personally never load from disks, I just do the code and let it download.