VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhyus, Nov 16, 2018.

VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhyus, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

So, trying to keep out home alive here on the web, lets see if we can get a discussion about Virtual Reality (VR). So, back when it initially came out, a long time ago, I was a little interested in it, but with no real gear and the gear that did exist was way out of my price range, I just put it way into the back burner.

Then, the Oculus was brought about and the gear was starting to come alive and in a semi-decent price range. But, what it did was sprout ideas in other people's minds and now we have multiple head gears from many different companies (just on Amazon, there are 14 different brands). So, I was getting more intrigued by this new technology.

Then, I watched, Ready Player One. After that, all I can think about is getting the gear to get into those kind of games and worlds just to experience them. I saw on Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ef=nav_search&result=project&term=gaming vest) a vest that simulates sounds and actions from the game world and pushes it out a speaker near that area, making you feel like you are in the world. (Some of the people that tried it said they could feel the raindrops hitting their body.

What is everybody's else experience with VR. Anybody into it heavy or just like or not at all?
  2. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

Not at all, yet. I have a feeling if I do it anywhere it might be SC first where I can see significant advantage having camera movement completely independent of flight controls. Maybe an FPS as well, again for situational awareness boost.
  3. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

I see they have several FPS and driving and flying games already out for VR. They even have Fallout 4 for the HTC Vive, along with Ready Player One game for that system. I've seen Skyrim for VR and several other A class games already out for the VR systems.
  4. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

None of those titles so far are my go to franchises. I’m not open yet to trying at current price point. I need a game I’m so interested in I can’t bypass the idea of going VR. Hasn’t happened yet but it will at some point I’m sure. Destiny might be the FPS that pushed me over if it was a thing. Maybe the division 2. SC for sure when they finally get some serious momentum.