Welcome to XenForo!

Discussion in 'Guild News' started by HittingSmoke, Nov 29, 2013.

Welcome to XenForo!

Discussion in 'Guild News' started by HittingSmoke, Nov 29, 2013.

1. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

Greetings, AoA:

What you're looking at is the result of about 12 hours (not counting the many previous hours of vetting and testing) of work migrating our old vBulleting-based site over to the XenForo forum software. There are going to be a lot of changes to get used to but all of us on the admin team are convinced they're for the better.

I've posted at length about the changes in XenForo previously and I'll elaborate on those in the days to come. For the moment, though, I need to get some sleep.

You may notice some things missing. Namely a front page with news, a calendar, and some other superfluous features. Over the next week I'm going to be re-implementing these things and I'll be making announcements about them as they come.

I hope you all love the new site as much as I do. If you have any questions or issues to report please post them here. Once things get settled we'll have a proper support area set up where you can provide input on the site as a whole.

Stay tuned for updates. They're coming very soon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention there are still some broken features. There are BBCodes which have not been properly translated yet which will be fixed over the next week as I reimplement old custom BBCodes and translate old ones to new formats. No need to report these as issues. They're in the pipeline.

lol. pipe.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

sexy
  3. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Promoterated on teh social mediaz. Thanks for the massive amount of hard work you did on this, smoke!
    pea'ches and pixiegemma like this.
  4. Awlbiste

Awlbiste Veteran Member

Looks pretty good on my tablet, the loss of Tapatalk is no great thing so far. Nice.
    HittingSmoke likes this.
  5. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Yeah, looks great on my phone too.
  6. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

Ok, so, is there a way to quickly "read" an entire section of the board? The way the old board had it is that you just double click on the box associated with the section of forum and all unread posts would be marked as read.
  7. Arcfire

Arcfire Guild Admin Staff Member

I guess I will also mention here that the "replies" and "views" data columns are wonky.

Also, not sure if intended, but posts with unread replies do not seem to have any sort of highlighting, or perhaps I just can't see it very well.
  8. HittingSmoke

Top left. "Mark forums read". It will give you a popup asking if you'd like to mark the entire board read or just the one you're viewing.

They're bolded. Looks like they could use some extra flare though. It's hard for me to tell unless there are several close together for contrast.
  9. Anopheles gambiae

Anopheles gambiae Division Leader

Ahh upgrades...looks nice! Thanks for all your hard work!
  10. stat

stat Division Leader

Great Work, thank you for all your work HittingSmoke.

One question, are the old archive forums completely gone? A few of us started playing Urban Dead again a few months ago and have been playing since, there was a thread in there that was actively being used to communicate what was going on. Is that gone as well?

Actually found it, its still there, just not listed on the main page anymore.
  11. HittingSmoke

Chat is back up and running. I'll get a nice theme on it later.

Would you like Urban Dead moved up to Beer League? Archived forums are hidden and need some serious cleaning up but it's not a priority right now. If there's an active forum section in the archives it should be moved up to the regular forum categories.
  12. stat

stat Division Leader

Yes please. That would be great.
  13. HittingSmoke

All set.
  14. HittingSmoke

Calendar is now up and running.
  15. Awlbiste

Awlbiste Veteran Member

One thing I've noticed so far that is an "issue" (as in, not a huge deal but it is something) is that the Report, Like, and Reply buttons aren't lined up correctly on my phone, but they are on my tablet. I'm assuming this is a resizing thing, not sure if you'd even do anything about it, but figured I'd mention it.
  16. Ballzz

Ballzz Veteran Member

Nice job Smoke. I was going to make the same comment about the read/unread threads being hard to distinguish. I am also seeing forum categories as grey or orange but not sure what the distinction of that is but it might have something to do with not being able to tell which have new posts/threads. Not sure.
  17. HittingSmoke

Icons may or may not be fixable. I'll make a note of it to check out once everything is up and running.

Orange contains unread posts, grey does not. Think of it as a light. If it's dim it's not trying to get your attention.
  18. HittingSmoke

Steam integration is up and running! You can associate your Steam account by logging out then on the login pop-up select Login with Steam. After authenticating your Steam account you'll see the forum registration screen. There's a tab at the top called "Associate existing account". Click that and log back in with your forum username and password to associate your Steam account and have your statistics and online status listed in your profile.

EDIT: Your profile must be set to public to display any information though.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    jeverian and syberghost like this.
  19. jeverian

jeverian Veteran Member

Niccccccce.

and also Thanks!
  20. Ballzz

Ballzz Veteran Member

What was confusing me is the forum categories with orange didn't have new posts/threads in them that I could tell. Might have been something weird with the import or something. Once I marked all as read I think it's working properly now even though it's still tough to see which are bold at the moment.