Well6 Strat

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by glow, Oct 30, 2007.

Well6 Strat

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by glow, Oct 30, 2007.

1. glow

glow AoA Emeritus

WELL6

STRATEGY.

We will send a demoman to blow the grate on start. 2 scouts will go water and conc up to the top of the well and try to throw the flag down to the bridge.

Oh wait… this is 2007…

This map is ALL ABOUT taking a point and DEFENDING it.

The center point is super duper important.

If we have the center, we spawn much closer, making it easier to hold, quicker to build uber… etc.

[Quick question: If we hold center point, can we use that re-supply down low in middle house? We could have the medic/soldier go into that lower resupply, and build up that uber a little higher. This way, if the enemy does get in an starts capping out point, the med/sold can break out and bust it up. Just an idea…

Here are the main points we need to discuss:

Offense:

1 – How to take middle- This will be key. The first portion of the map is all about DM. It doesn't matter who gets on the point, the only thing that matters is killing them before they kill us. We will use a heavy/medic, 2 scouts, 1 soldier, and our floater class, like usual. On the start… do we want that floater to be a second soldier? I think we should use a demo. If the demo goes up top, he can pipe the enemy top entrance. If he spreads his pipes, he can cover the top of both ramps AND the top entrance, and then fall back to our window room and spam. The soldier will spam too while our medic/ heavy get ready to attack.

The scouts will go water and try to come up from behind on the medic. If the medic/heavy attack right off the bat, one scout can fake water and then come up the ramp from behind. The medic is never looking b/c he is too busy focusing on the dangers up top. With two scouts going for him, we have a good shot at taking him down. If nothing else we get them to blow their uber FIRST. Which is key. We want to use our uber second.

We want to do 2 things: try to hold our uber to use after theirs and stay alive long enough to defend the medic/heavy after the uber is used (and hopefully while we take the point). Once we know the point is secure, the scout(s) take off for CP4. We don't even have to attack the CP itself if it's defended… the scouts can go up to attack and pester them coming out of spawn. This will give us time to build uber in the window room and give us the headstart on our push for 4.

(do we want to talk about going over the top?) If we do, we can have 3 people go over. 2 soldiers and the demoman. If we all heal up first, we can have all 3 with full health, pushing to their side. It's risky…but could be worth it to catch the other team off guard on the 2 nd or 3rd round-start.) We could also try just sending 1 scout over (red side only). That scout would have to practice the lamp-jump. If that scout can get past them and behind them, it could really throw off their initial rush.

2- Moving up and defending middle from the middle "window room/sniper deck" (what do we want to call this?) This is the best place to defend, and unless they use a sniper, we should be holding this spot hard.

3- When to push up to point 4. [1 being out last point, 3 being middle, 5 being their last point]. Scouts should almost always be pushing up, getting behind the D. If we can get a scout BEHIND them, it screws their rush up. If they see the scout, they get worried and can't push as hard.. or if they don't see him, the scout can come up from behind and kill their medic. Even if the scout just pushes up, touched cp4, and then goes attic to hide for a minute… this throws off the enemy team.

4- HOW to push to CP4. Personally, It seems better to push more to the right than the left. This is b/c the resupply is to the left. We want to fight them further from their resupply.

Defense:

1- How to retake middle.- If they get middle, we fall back to CP2 and start to build an uber in that resupply. When they come and attack, we break out and defend. Keeping pipes on the point and the piper either in the resupply or up in the attic. If he is in the attic and they get on point, he dets, drops down and tries to setup his pipes again before hitting the resupply. THE RESUPPLY IS KEY HERE. No one should die. The soldier should go up the ramps and stand where he can see into the CP from the left side. This is a great spot, there's health right there. Scouts can go out water and try to take down their medic from behind/put pressure on middle. Once we take down their rush, we push for middle, hopefully with uber still intact.

2- How to defend CP2 (see above)

3- How to defend CP1- Heavy/medic on CP, scouts push and call incomings. Once we have numbers we push and get CP2. Then we HOLD cp2. We should never be thinking about capping 2 points back to back. BABY-STEPS. We need to take it slow, be patient, and cap one point at a time.

Medic/Heavy – We ALWAYS want to make sure we have the uber-advantage when attacking. The medic/heavy have the task of keeping track when the enemy last ubered. ALSO, keep track of when the scout says "medic down" and look at the clock. Know that the enemy will not have an uber coming for AT LEAST 60-80 seconds after that medic goes down. This is KEY. Our scouts will have to do a good job of keeping their medic down. We have to make sure our medic lives. When our medic gets to 70% and above on the uber, we should dedicate a soldier to defending him.

[also, do we know how long we can build uber in spawn before going out? The heavy should take off for middle right off the bat, with the medic healing a soldier on the cabinet till what? 30 seconds? And then run for middle. This will get us the uber before the round starts. The medic switching to the heavy once we reach mid]

TRAINS- Jesus Christ RESPECT THE GODDAMNED SIGNALS. I know what we all think .. "oh, that train won't hit me…" yea, it's like HIV. No one thinks it can happen to them BUT IT CAN. Respect the trains, know which train comes from which direction (we will go over this). A good team will not be hit by a single train. We can't afford to lose our uber b/c of an avoidable environmental hazard. I'm guilty of this too, ESPECIALLY when we hold CP4 and we spawn in middle, since you are dead for like 20 seconds, its instinct to try to get back to the battle as soon as possible, just make sure you don't run up the ramp and into a train.

Pipe Spawn:

Do we want to sneak a demo behind them to pipe their spawn? This can be very effective. Piping the back spawn is hard b/c it's wide, but if they take middle, we can pipe that CP4 spawn quite easily, it's narrow and the only spawn. Even if we can get 3 easy kills there, that would help us capture whatever point we are trying to get to, and give us time to setup for the next push.
  2. glow

glow AoA Emeritus

Possible starting strat CP3 (middle):

Heavy/Med
    2 scouts
    Soldier
    Demoman

The soldier/heavy/med all go to one side (health side)

On start, the soldier RJ's over (with full heal from medic) to the enemy side and then RJ's up to enemy window room. (hit them from behind)

Piper comes from top and starts piping point/doorway to enemy window room

2 scouts go water to water and try to get the medic from behind.

Once the medic is down, one scout goes all the way to the enemy's back respawn. He will try to camp medic when he spawns again. (hides and waits for medic to show his back while running out)

The other scout will try to stay alive, keep away from heavies/scouts, take pot shots when he can…gets on the point to help ot cap quickly.

Heavy Medic try to wait for the enemy to uber before we rush in with ours.

Thoughts?
  3. Overmind

Overmind Veteran Member

Damn this almost sounds like Hockey!

How come everytime I turn on TF2.. there are 0/24 peeps on the AOA TF2 servers.. I want to kill some shit.. or at least practice before I go out in the real world and die a flaming death :p
  4. oleum

oleum Officer

1-2 soldiers(rocket jump) or soldier + demo(sticky jump)can get to the sniper platform before the round starts. I dunno if a med has time to heal them but at round start the doors on the platform open and you can run to the centre spawn point really fast, usually its taken before those 2 guys need support. In fact I can usually take it myself.

Down below the heavy/med who will be pretty close to uber can spray the incoming guys and take most of them down. The demo and soldier really could use securing the point before wading in. to help.

If things have worked out at this point its time to get a sniper up on to the opposing platform. Watch out 'cos they will have a sniper at this point so soldier might need to rocket their warehouse window to cover our snipe.

4. Engineer needs to get a dispenser up top asap along with a sentry, not sure of the best place for this sentry but I am sure glow will.

At this point we have their respawn guys and the centre secured (if it works out).
    I can't play scout on US servers but in the UK ones I have and getting a scout in the water is useful cos he can jump out and get behind the respawns. Scout can just run over the CP and it captures pretty fast. Maybe even get a scout up the stirs to top level and go hide near the CP4 up top somewhere. When we push and get CP3 the scout needs to cap CP4 by running over it twice.
    As soon as CP3 goes down they will set up sentry on CP4 and then it gets harder to take, though a scout coming from the right direction an often get by one sentry. If we have an uber/med ready then the heavy and med can distract while the scout caps but running right over.

I dunno if this will work against organised teams, but that RJ advantage at the start owns on pubs and I think will be a standard tactic we need to be aware of even if we don't always use it.
  5. glow

glow AoA Emeritus

I have demo's that I am going to start posting of match play so we can see some of these tactics actually being used, I think that will help us get a lot better point of view. That and scrimages will really help us out.